600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
11 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

It may be that it's country-specific.  I've had a few direct message exchanges with other people from Canada, and it's been quite fast for all of them.  We also all got a phone call from NVC after the case was complete to discuss what was required for the next step.  Seems they're processing at least one country efficiently.  My sympathies definitely go out to anyone that's stuck waiting longer!

They completed mine in a week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I tried asking this over in the NVC thread but its far too active and I guess nobody saw my post in the deluge of others; what does this "3 N/A" thing mean that people keep talking about? Also what is scan date?

We have paid our AOS fee (changed to PAID yesterday) and waiting for the IV fee to unlock so we can pay that too. Just waiting for 2 documents to arrive in the mail and then will send our packet to NVC.

On the tax paperwork that needs to go along with our AOS - we are sending 2 AOS's as we have a joint sponser (my wifes uncle) and he has sent TurboTax PDF's for 2013, 2014 and 2015.  Nothing for 2016 yet.   Are those PDF's enough for the tax paperwork?

Thanks all.

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, zach21uk said:

I tried asking this over in the NVC thread but its far too active and I guess nobody saw my post in the deluge of others; what does this "3 N/A" thing mean that people keep talking about? Also what is scan date?

We have paid our AOS fee (changed to PAID yesterday) and waiting for the IV fee to unlock so we can pay that too. Just waiting for 2 documents to arrive in the mail and then will send our packet to NVC.

On the tax paperwork that needs to go along with our AOS - we are sending 2 AOS's as we have a joint sponser (my wifes uncle) and he has sent TurboTax PDF's for 2013, 2014 and 2015.  Nothing for 2016 yet.   Are those PDF's enough for the tax paperwork?

Thanks all.

I've sent taxes for 2015 only. I've sent the transcript from IRS in addition to the turbo tax copies and they approved it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ehab2190 said:

I've sent taxes for 2015 only. I've sent the transcript from IRS in addition to the turbo tax copies and they approved it.

We did ask my wifes uncle to get the IRS Transcript but all he sent us was the Turbotax stuff.  They are not the smartest people in the world, it took 4 attempts to get the AOS paperwork correct and then they didn't want to send proof of citizenship which took three weeks to convince them to send! We are hesitent to ask for anything further but also do not want to get a checklist :(

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ehab2190 said:

I see from your timeline that you were able to pay the AOS fees and IV fees in the same day.  How did you do this?  On the PDF's we received by email, there is only an invoice for AOS.  When we login and click on the IV Fees, it says the amount due is 0.00 so we cannot pay it yet.  Just wondering if we are missing something.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/24/2017 at 7:56 AM, phillamb168 said:

Greetings May filers, have any of you had your ds-260 / aos paperwork (as in, the packet you mailed to them) approved yet? How long did it take from when you sent in the packet to when they told you it had been approved?

I haven't had mine approved yet... It crossed the 6 week mark already so I called & requested supervisor review... They said Supervisor Review may be another 6 weeks....

2 hours ago, zach21uk said:

Thanks all.

The "3 N/A" usually indicate that the case has been completed & the interview will now be scheduled. Scan date is the date on which the document you sent were "scanned" into the NVC system. That's the date from which the 6 week time period starts. Also if you send AOS 1st then the IV packet later on, the Scan date gets pushed to the later date & the 6 week cycle starts again, so that's why it's best to send all in 1 packet. Also, god forbid, if you get a checklist, the 6 week wait starts again once they received your reply to the checklist.

For Tax, you can use either the actual Federal Tax Returns + their corresponding W2 forms; or IRS Tax Transcripts... You can find more details on this page:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Click on the "Complete an Affidavit of Support form" & "Obtain financial evidence" sections & it will show you the required details & alternatives.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, zach21uk said:

I see from your timeline that you were able to pay the AOS fees and IV fees in the same day.  How did you do this?  On the PDF's we received by email, there is only an invoice for AOS.  When we login and click on the IV Fees, it says the amount due is 0.00 so we cannot pay it yet.  Just wondering if we are missing something.

If an attorney is the agent, they can actually submit both fees at the same time.  It's about the only difference.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Wanda G said:

We just been approve Jan 27 i put the service request on Jan 20 because its been over 7 months since we filed. Does anyone know what's the next step and how much longer will it be?

You need to wait for the application to be sent to the National Visa Center. This usually takes 3-5 business days. Once it is there it will be processed into their system and within a few weeks you should get a welcome letter from them explaining your next steps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Today we hit our six weeks mark for electronic processing at the NVC (We sent out our packet the night of December 20th, our  Ds260 was completed prior to that) . I spoke with a representative and they told us that they are putting it in for Supervisor review which can take up to six weeks from today. He also informed me that if we get a checklist that can take an additional six weeks, then after we are good and we will be put in the line for an interview. (Which he said can take anywhere from 1 week to three months) 

We have a baby on the way the first week of July and we have lost all hope of the visa arriving before that, or if it will ever actually happen. We are considering giving up the whole process and just living here in Brazil permanently. This whole process is an absolute joke and we are completely exhausted.

I am very grateful for all of the support, help, and information that you all post. It honestly made a HUGE impact on us. Thank you!

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I feel your pain. Our priority date is May 13th and we are still waiting to get approved... I have submitted multiple inquiries, called endless times, and even contacted my legislator, and still nothing... We are debating on just having me move back to Sweden because we are losing all hope.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Wanda G said:

We just been approve Jan 27 i put the service request on Jan 20 because its been over 7 months since we filed. Does anyone know what's the next step and how much longer will it be?

Congrats @Wanda G for your approval!

Within the next few (7 - 10) days, your case will be sent to NVC

- The transit will take another 7 - 10 days.

- Once NVC has received it, within a few days, they will send you an e-mail with your NVC case number.

- After you have your case #, you can go ahead & submit your DS-261 (Choice of Agent) form online the same day. You might be able to pay your AOS fees the same day as well; if not, then in 2-3 days you should be able to do so.

- After DS-261 wait for about 1 week to have your IV Fee invoiced. You'll get an e-mail notifying you that IV Fee is invoiced. You can pay that right away.

- Once your IV Fees are paid, you can complete DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application). It's a lengthy application, but you can save & return to it later if needed. You can also find a sample DS-260 on the State Department's website: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Few things to keep in mind:

1 - When you pay the fees, they will take about 2 - 3 days to actually show as paid. The $ may be taken out of your account right away, but they will not show as Paid on CEAC until 2 - 3 days

2 - As part of your IV Package, you'll have to send the applicant's Police Clearance certificate. Depending on some countries this can take some time, so while waiting for things above, the applicant can work on obtaining that

3 - While waiting for things above (NVC Case #, DS-261, AOS Fee, IV Fee, DS-260), the petitioner can work on completing the AOS package. Depending on your situation, it can involve a lot of papers (if you have joint-sponsor, or supplementing income with assets, or etc...), or not. So it may be helpful to get started on that while waiting.

Lastly, you'll have to send 2 packages

1 - AOS Package... Basically showing that the petitioner has the financial means to support the applicant

2 - IV Package... This will have the DS-260 Confirmation page, plus additional evidence of the relationship between the petitioner & the applicant

Once you send it, & NVC received it, they will scan/enter it into their system & that will be your scan date. Usually it's the day of or after the package has reached there. After that, they say they take 6 weeks to review it & have a CC (Case Complete) for your case. If you don't get the CC by 6 weeks, you can call & ask for it to be sent to supervisor review. However, now a days, 99% of the files are going for supervisor review as they're not completed w/in the 6 week time frame. If all goes well & you get a CC, your file will be scheduled for an interview at an embassy/consulate abroad.

Please note that every time you send some paperwork, the initial scan date is re-set & 6 week wait will start again. So it may be better to send AOS + IV Package together, and double check that it's good before sending. Otherwise you can get a Checklist stating that something is missing. So once you send back the missing info, the 6 week wait will start again.

For more info on NVC Processing, you can refer to this link, they provide good & useful info:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

I hope this helps!

Anyone, please correct me if I missed anything.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, harpmi02 said:

I feel your pain. Our priority date is May 13th and we are still waiting to get approved... I have submitted multiple inquiries, called endless times, and even contacted my legislator, and still nothing... We are debating on just having me move back to Sweden because we are losing all hope.

Sorry to hear that you've been waiting for so long... Have you tried seeking help from your local congress representative &/or your Senator?

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/1/2017 at 3:04 PM, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Congrats @Wanda G for your approval!

Within the next few (7 - 10) days, your case will be sent to NVC

- The transit will take another 7 - 10 days.

- Once NVC has received it, within a few days, they will send you an e-mail with your NVC case number.

- After you have your case #, you can go ahead & submit your DS-261 (Choice of Agent) form online the same day. You might be able to pay your AOS fees the same day as well; if not, then in 2-3 days you should be able to do so.

- After DS-261 wait for about 1 week to have your IV Fee invoiced. You'll get an e-mail notifying you that IV Fee is invoiced. You can pay that right away.

- Once your IV Fees are paid, you can complete DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application). It's a lengthy application, but you can save & return to it later if needed. You can also find a sample DS-260 on the State Department's website: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Few things to keep in mind:

1 - When you pay the fees, they will take about 2 - 3 days to actually show as paid. The $ may be taken out of your account right away, but they will not show as Paid on CEAC until 2 - 3 days

2 - As part of your IV Package, you'll have to send the applicant's Police Clearance certificate. Depending on some countries this can take some time, so while waiting for things above, the applicant can work on obtaining that

3 - While waiting for things above (NVC Case #, DS-261, AOS Fee, IV Fee, DS-260), the petitioner can work on completing the AOS package. Depending on your situation, it can involve a lot of papers (if you have joint-sponsor, or supplementing income with assets, or etc...), or not. So it may be helpful to get started on that while waiting.

Lastly, you'll have to send 2 packages

1 - AOS Package... Basically showing that the petitioner has the financial means to support the applicant

2 - IV Package... This will have the DS-260 Confirmation page, plus additional evidence of the relationship between the petitioner & the applicant

Once you send it, & NVC received it, they will scan/enter it into their system & that will be your scan date. Usually it's the day of or after the package has reached there. After that, they say they take 6 weeks to review it & have a CC (Case Complete) for your case. If you don't get the CC by 6 weeks, you can call & ask for it to be sent to supervisor review. However, now a days, 99% of the files are going for supervisor review as they're not completed w/in the 6 week time frame. If all goes well & you get a CC, your file will be scheduled for an interview at an embassy/consulate abroad.

Please note that every time you send some paperwork, the initial scan date is re-set & 6 week wait will start again. So it may be better to send AOS + IV Package together, and double check that it's good before sending. Otherwise you can get a Checklist stating that something is missing. So once you send back the missing info, the 6 week wait will start again.

For more info on NVC Processing, you can refer to this link, they provide good & useful info:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

I hope this helps!

Anyone, please correct me if I missed anything.

thank you so much for the info i will keep updating

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.