600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to all the new approvals, the longest wait of the life is finally over! :)

Our PD is may 16. Still waiting. Nebraska service center website says they working on may 2 cases. I start to feel horrible.Dont know what to think and what to do.

Kalyanchik2007: phillamb168 is correct, you should mention that. Those dates are very mis-leading... Have you considered seeking assistance from your senator or congressional representative?

Also keep checking online for the latest status. It's one of the 1st places to be updated. Don't rely solely on e-mail/text, as they can be delayed by several days.... Good luck!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I've received the I-130 approval on 10-28-16, but until this day, I haven't received the NVC case number! it's been 6 weeks and nothing yet. Is it really taking that long to forward the cases? I know some people that got approved after me and received their NVC case numbers, so I'm not sure what went wrong here. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I've received the I-130 approval on 10-28-16, but until this day, I haven't received the NVC case number! it's been 6 weeks and nothing yet. Is it really taking that long to forward the cases? I know some people that got approved after me and received their NVC case numbers, so I'm not sure what went wrong here. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

it does take some time

u can refer to my time line below

did ur case sent to NVC yet? (u can see the APP if it change to "Case Was Sent To The Department of State"

or the best way is to call NVC

they r pretty bad at give updates

Edited by parsha

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone receiving any updates or notifications in the past couple weeks? Still waiting on acceptance. Priority date May 2016...have tried everything including calling the USCIS a lot and contacting my congressman. Also, has anyone else noticed that the processing times website for Nebraska has not been updated yet this month? Urgh!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

My wife and I have still had no updates or approval on my case as of today, so she has contacted her state senator today (Marco Rubio) and faxed over a privacy release form. Probably won't hear anything back until next week though, what with it being Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Further to the above, we received a number of emails from Marco Rubio or his team since this point to state that they were looking into our case. Yesterday, we received the following:

Thank you for contacting my office for assistance. The officials at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently provided me with an interim report on your pending case. An officer of the agency informed a member of my staff that your I-130 petition is pending completion of final review.

My office will contact you when I receive any updates regarding your case. If you do not receive a decision by January 10, 2017, please contact Mercedes on my staff at (407) 254-2573 or toll-free for Florida residents at (866) 630-7106.

Although I cannot guarantee a particular outcome, I will do my best to ensure you receive a fair and timely response.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns with me and the opportunity to serve you. I am humbled by my responsibilities in the United States Senate, and I will continue to work on behalf of our state of Florida.

Sincerely, Marco Rubio

United States Senator

Still no updates to our USCIS case but I am hoping this kick in the rear from Marco Rubio will lead to approval this week before the christmas break.

If not, then after christmas we will ask him or his staff to follow up on this as per their offer.

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My case just got sent to the department of state, how long does it usually take the NVC to get me a case number? also does NVC respond quicker to emails from attorneys? I've had my attorney send an email asking about the status of my approved I-130 and within 5 days it was transferred to NVC. I've sent an email before but they still didn't answer. what are you're thoughts.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case just got sent to the department of state, how long does it usually take the NVC to get me a case number? also does NVC respond quicker to emails from attorneys? I've had my attorney send an email asking about the status of my approved I-130 and within 5 days it was transferred to NVC. I've sent an email before but they still didn't answer. what are you're thoughts.

Thanks!

From what I've observed, NVC will usually take about 1 - 1.5 weeks to generate case # & AOS fee invoice. So after that, you can do you DS-261 & Pay your AOS fees as well... However, considering that right now it's holiday time, it may take a few days longer since NVC is closed on holidays... Hope this helps!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Our Priority Date is May 13th, and we are still waiting... I honestly call every two weeks.  Now that I know we are over the processing time, I have submitted an inquiry.  It came back that our case "required additional review."  Not sure why when we have been together for over 6 years.  We have multiple apartment leases together, and husband had a student visa a few years back to go to university in the states.  Either way, when I called on the 30th of December, they stated that we will have a decision by January 14th... I'll believe it when I see it... We are so over this!!

Timeline

We just got an email last night stating that our case was updated and approved on December 30th 2016.  We will wait until Friday and then give NVC a call to see if they can give us the case number yet.

Can someone please let me know how much the fees will be to pay at this stage?

Thanks

Zach & Liz

P.S. Is anyone having trouble with the USCIS Case Status site right now? Every time I try to visit it, I am getting connection failed, could not establish secure connection, etc.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, zach21uk said:

We just got an email last night stating that our case was updated and approved on December 30th 2016.  We will wait until Friday and then give NVC a call to see if they can give us the case number yet.

Can someone please let me know how much the fees will be to pay at this stage?

Thanks

Zach & Liz

P.S. Is anyone having trouble with the USCIS Case Status site right now? Every time I try to visit it, I am getting connection failed, could not establish secure connection, etc.

congratulations !!!!!!!  I am still waiting waiting and waiting ..........

Timeline
20 hours ago, tianbian123 said:

congratulations !!!!!!!  I am still waiting waiting and waiting ..........

I suggest you contact your state senator.  That is what we did and it definitely seems to have expedited things.

Filed: Other Timeline
15 hours ago, zach21uk said:

I suggest you contact your state senator.  That is what we did and it definitely seems to have expedited things.

Thank you for the suggestion, which state senator should I call?   I live in New York, should I call nebraska ? or new york?    Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.