600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, yoel said:

Well I printed the a list that I found on here  on the article that explain what to do and the short cuts!! From somebody last name Che or something like that if you know any checklist more accurate and newer please let me know!!

and thanks for all your help

for ur reference

my document order is like:

1. Document Cover Sheet (from NVC welcome letter, the one looks like checklist) 

2. AOS Document Cover Sheet (the one with barcode)

3. petitionor I-864

4. tax document

5. copy of passport for petitioner

6. Sponsor's I-864

7. Sponsor's tax document

8. Sponsor's copy of passport/SSN/birth certificate/driver's licence

9. Civil Document Cover Sheet (the one with barcode)

10. birth certificate/marriage certificate/copy of passport/police certificate

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

I called NVC again today because i haven't received anything from them and today will be 6 weeks and the lady told me to email them at this email NVCRESEARCHSTATE.GOV subject will be the receipt # and to attached the approval letter with it. And i got approved on Jan 27, 2017 But i don't get it im confused what is it that they need to receive? i thought they should already have the approved letter and the I130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wanda G said:

Yes i got the letter that days they have sent the approved petition to the NVC

Ok, they sent me a letter telling me they approved and sent the petition but few days later they sent an email and a few text telling me that the case was sent to the department of state, 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/8/2017 at 1:19 PM, yoel said:

I just got the notification case was transferred to NVC!!!!! :D:D

Congrats @yoel!!!! You've been waiting for an awful long time. Really happy for you that you're finally approved :)

On 3/9/2017 at 5:39 AM, yoel said:

After filling the DS261 and paying the AOS fee and the IV fee, do I have to wait for the NVC ato ask for the documents or I can send them right away?!

You can send the documents whenever they're ready.... Sending the documents is not dependent on anything really.You can get additional info in any of these 3 wikis

Last Updated: May 10th, 2016 - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Last Updated: January 28th, 2015 - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

Last Updated: May 14th, 2014 - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Do note though, the actual processing doesn't start until NVC has both, your docs (AOS + Civil), and submitted DS-260; whichever is completed last is the date official count down starts.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:13 AM, ezmiller said:

Does anyone know at what stage in the process an ITIN number is issued for the beneficiary?

@ezmiller ITIN is not issued by USCIS or NVC/State Department. If you would like to get one, then you have to contact IRS for it. Only they handle ITINs. You can get more details here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number-itin

On 3/9/2017 at 2:50 AM, zach21uk said:

Hey all,

Just a quick question.  How exactly can I be aware of the date that NVC received my documents?  They were sent to NVC a couple of weeks ago via Fedex and we have the delivery confirmation, however when I login to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx I do not see any visible confirmation that they have been received.  Just trying to figure out when to start our "8 week" count from. 

Thanks in advance.

Zach & Liz

@zach21uk You will not know by just logging into CEAC. You can call NVC & ask them what day your documents were scanned in. Below is the contact info:

Phone: +1 (603) 334-0700.

Time: Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

On 3/9/2017 at 6:27 AM, yoel said:

Well I printed the a list that I found on here  on the article that explain what to do and the short cuts!! From somebody last name Che or something like that if you know any checklist more accurate and newer please let me know!!

and thanks for all your help

@yoel You can get additional info in any of the 3 wikis I listed above. However, when you get your welcome e-mail from NVC, it should include a checklist in the attachment. It should be the last page of the PDF. It's titled "Document Cover Sheet". That should be the latest & greatest. You also have to include that when you send AOS & Civil docs packet. It's the cover sheet for each of the respective packets. If you have additional questions for which items are, are not required/optional, you can refer to the following:

AOS Packet: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Civil Docs: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

On 3/10/2017 at 4:30 PM, Wanda G said:

I called NVC again today because i haven't received anything from them and today will be 6 weeks and the lady told me to email them at this email NVCRESEARCHSTATE.GOV subject will be the receipt # and to attached the approval letter with it. And i got approved on Jan 27, 2017 But i don't get it im confused what is it that they need to receive? i thought they should already have the approved letter and the I130

@Wanda G When you filed your I-130, did you include a G-1145 - "E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance"? I think if you included that, NVC would have entered an e-mail address for your file, and that would've been forwarded to NVC, so that they can use that to send communications via e-mail, rather than snail mail.

BTW, what does the USCIS case status show when you check here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

If USCIS has sent it to NVC, it will state so.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/11/2017 at 5:37 PM, Wanda G said:

Yes i got the letter that days they have sent the approved petition to the NVC

On the NOA-2 letter, it does say that your petition will be forwarded to NVC. However, when they actually send it to NVC, another e-mail, or text notification is sent, and the USCIS Case Status website is also updated.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

26 minutes ago, DanaKha said:

10 months and 2 days. Our I-130 was approved. I wish everyone who is still waiting to hear good news so soon. 

congrats, did you get transferred? I filed 223 days and transferred to local office 

3 minutes ago, tianbian123 said:

congrats, did you get transferred? I filed 223 days and transferred to local office 

Thank you, no our case was totally processed in Nebraska. When my husband went to the local immigration office as he was asked to, it was because he made too many inquiries about the case so the officer only told him to have more patience. He went to the local office about two weeks ago. 

my has been transferred, and we went to new york local office, we need an interview for 1-30, which is unbelievable, but i don't know when they we schedule us for an interview, it is a hell out of waiting. :(  I submitted an inquiry online, and when we went to the local office,the lady filed one for us too.

2 minutes ago, tianbian123 said:

my has been transferred, and we went to new york local office, we need an interview for 1-30, which is unbelievable, but i don't know when they we schedule us for an interview, it is a hell out of waiting. :(  I submitted an inquiry online, and when we went to the local office,the lady filed one for us too.

Your case is different than ours because I am outside of the United Sates. But it seems like the immigration centers are trying to move May applications lately. I hope you hear good news very soon. I know how frustrating and painful the wait is, like everyone else in here.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Greetings All,

Our NVC case was approved on April 28th.  We got a checklist to bring an IRS Transcript for 2015 to the final interview, but other than that they are scheduling our interview! We hope to hear back from them this week with our interview date.

Hope you are all progressing too!

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
11 minutes ago, zach21uk said:

Greetings All,

Our NVC case was approved on April 28th.  We got a checklist to bring an IRS Transcript for 2015 to the final interview, but other than that they are scheduling our interview! We hope to hear back from them this week with our interview date.

Hope you are all progressing too!

Great!! Congrats, hey can please put a picture of the page, I like to see how it looks after they approved everything 

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.