Hazelangelie

Expedite for pregnant

83 posts in this topic

Nor me. It makes a mockery of the whole system if they are.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

One would think they would require proof that the child is actually the husbands as well.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

One would think they would require proof that the child is actually the husbands as well.

Depending on state laws the child may automatically be considered a child of the marriage. I'm not sure about abroad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's great for you.

But put the shoe on the other foot. For every person being expedited, someone else is being held back. How would you feel if you were being held back?

Since you're on the K-1 route, you have no idea what the 1-year wait for CR-1 is like. So, if you were waiting for a year for your wife to get here and then were held back even longer to allow someone to cut in the line, tell me you would then be praising your Lord. I doubt it very much.

It's not holding anyone back, not a one of you complaining are even from the Philippines and it doesn't affect you at all. I don't see anyone from Philippines even worried about if they receive there expedite request or not. OP has filed at California Service center were approval's happen very fast after your background check has been cleared, many approvals happening in less than a month for K-1 applicants.

USCIS processes K-1 and CR1 differently using different adjudicators and process batches according to country, the process how applications from different countries are processed including background checks are different. If someone gets an expedite while you are in background check it doesn't hold you back because they can't move you forward with your application anyway until you clear background check. During that time everyone is passing you while you are on hold. Op is from Philippines and the adjudicators assigned to your country receive your background cleared application and process it accordingly.

I praise the Lord for giving me the wisdom to go the K-1 Route and not the dreaded 1 year CR-1 Wait.

Never would have gone for a K1. EVER.

Glad you like the it though... Thankfully there are options in the world.

Also please note which forum you're in. The OP is chasing a SPOUSAL CR1 visa. This is why THEIR expedite may hold another person's normal adjudication time.

It's not holding anyone back, not a one of you complaining are even from the Philippines and it doesn't affect you at all. I don't see anyone from Philippines even worried about if they receive there expedite request or not. OP has filed at California Service center were approval's happen very fast after your background check has been cleared, many approvals happening in less than a month for K-1 applicants.

USCIS processes K-1 and CR1 differently using different adjudicators and process batches according to country, the process how applications from different countries are processed including background checks are different. If someone gets an expedite while you are in background check it doesn't hold you back because they can't move you forward with your application anyway until you clear background check. During that time everyone is passing you while you are on hold. Op is from Philippines and the adjudicators assigned to your country receive your background cleared application and process it accordingly.

I praise the Lord for giving me the wisdom to go the K-1 Route and not the dreaded 1 year CR-1 Wait.

Also please note, as far as we can tell, no one adjudicates specific countries. There's a pile, likely in order(ish) on their desk to work through... Regardless of country.

But hey if you have been in an office and know that Sue works on a country, and Joe on another, that's great info to have! Any proof of sources would be nice.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

We considered the K-1 route, then quickly unconsidered it when we learned that I would be nothing more than a housewife for around 4 months or so. Could not do that. I have an MA and earn far more than my husband. No way I could sit on my butt and not even be able to leave the country (not even to visit my HOME country) for all that time. Sounds like a punishment to me! I'd rather wait a year here with the freedom to travel and the satisfaction of working and earning.

Would also be keen to hear more of your insider knowledge on the CR-1 process that you didn't even do (unless you brought in a wife previous to this one and you can speak with experience?) and that Desk 1 adjudicates Country A, Desk 2 adjudicates Country B, etc.

I-130 doesn't perform a background check on the intending immigrant. The I-130 is merely the petitioner's eligibility to petition. The immigrant's background check is performed by the NVC for CR-1 applicants.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

This is my mistake by thinking the OP was a K-1 Filer; however, I still wish them the best with their CR-1 expedite.

The information I received about the separate processing of K-1 and CR1 at USCIS level was from attorney who recommended we go the K-1 route because it is way faster if you have no criminal conviction problems. I was told I-129F and the CR1 adjudicators are different persons with training specific to each type of application they are adjudicating.

Anyway good luck to all you CR-1 filers, hope your wait is worth your reasons for choosing that route.

So you are saying that you will just hand everything over at the interview? You know that this could put you in AP if anything isn't adding up or a mistake is made anywhere on any document. Have they scheduled your interview yet?

We have rapidvisa too to ceck my husband's documents. I have my medical and intervw on march. Believe it or not it happened :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have rapidvisa too to ceck my husband's documents. I have my medical and intervw on march. Believe it or not it happened :)

Well I for one am happy for you. If I could get my case processed faster, I would gladly take it. All the best my dear!

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

I-130 doesn't perform a background check on the intending immigrant. The I-130 is merely the petitioner's eligibility to petition. The immigrant's background check is performed by the NVC for CR-1 applicants.[/quote

Background is on both petitioner and beneficiary

When the USCIS has approved the CR1/IR1 visa petition, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) where original documents are reviewed, background checks are performed on both the petitioner and the beneficiary and an interview date is set. The NVC will forward the petition to the Consulate that will conduct the visa interview. The Consulate will not interview the foreign spouse until the NVC checks have been successfully completed.

Edited by Amy & Randy

Timeline

We are using Rapid Visa too, these guys are the best and their approval rate proves it. Good luck and very happy God gave you wisdom and understanding to expedite your case. Enjoy your blessing your baby and husband.

Edited by Amy & Randy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So you have an interview scheduled already? Good for you! Why don't you fill out your timeline so everyone can see how super fast you are getting this done! I'm still confused to who will do your background check...maybe they will do it backwards and have you checked up after the interview? Please let us know what happens because I really don't think they will skip that step.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

I-130 doesn't perform a background check on the intending immigrant. The I-130 is merely the petitioner's eligibility to petition. The immigrant's background check is performed by the NVC for CR-1 applicants.[/quote

Background is on both petitioner and beneficiary

When the USCIS has approved the CR1/IR1 visa petition, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) where original documents are reviewed, background checks are performed on both the petitioner and the beneficiary and an interview date is set. The NVC will forward the petition to the Consulate that will conduct the visa interview. The Consulate will not interview the foreign spouse until the NVC checks have been successfully completed.

You have just proved my point. The USCIS does not perform a background check on the beneficiary in a CR-1 case. The only information the USCIS has about the beneficiary in an official format is what is on the marriage certificate. They do not see the passport or birth certificate of the beneficiary. They have no information on the background of that person and no way of finding anything about that person.

This is all done at the NVC when the beneficiary sends their passport copy, police certificate and completes the DS-260 which asks for previous addresses. I find it highly improbable that someone would go from NOA1 to interview without going through the NVC on a CR-1 case. As you have also said, the foreign spouse won't be interviewed until the checks are completed by the NVC. But you seem to think that the original poster of this thread has got through to interview stage WITHOUT touching the NVC.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.