Hazelangelie

Expedite for pregnant

83 posts in this topic

If it only saves one month of processing time, it's hardly going to achieve the OP's aim to have the baby in the US. She's already 18 weeks or more pregnant. And she still has NVC and consulate stages to get through. I can't see all that happening before she reaches the airline cut-off for travel whilst pregnant.

Of course, if she really wanted to have hubby with her for the birth she could have slowed down the process and had him come visit her in the Philippines around the time of the birth. There's always another way.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Never heard of NVC being skipped with an expedite.

Exactly. What about the criminal record check that's done there? What about the financials and AOS? The NVC is probably the most important part. That's where all the in-depth work is done to make a decision.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Never heard of NVC being skipped with an expedite.

Me neither. It should be expedite for service center and THEN to NVC and she would have to apply for expedite there too. Think they are misunderstanding the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think it's all wishful thinking.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

I'm thinking the expedite (if it has indeed been approved) has more to do with nationality than pregnancy. It'd be interesting to see what outcome there would be if a European woman were now to ask for an expedite on the basis of pregnancy. I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to share this experiences to those who are pregnant and want to deliver the baby together with there husband. I honestly fell frustrated and lose hope when most of people here who comented to my post that its a "no" for pregnant woman and remove it to my mind. Instead of hearing there no harm in trying. Doing this visa includes Trust and FAith to God! Nothing is impossible! Godbless :)

Amen! Praise the Lord, my fiancee is pregnant too and everyone was telling us she will never make it to the United States because process would take to long. We where given RFE for documents we already submitted with original I-129F submission. We kept our faith in God and now my fiancee is at medical today and her interview is now scheduled for March 17, 2016. She is 25 weeks pregnant as of two days ago, already contacted Asiana Airline who allows Pregnant women to travel with no restriction's prior to 32 weeks. You can even travel from 32-36 weeks with your Doctors consent. Asiana have a special flyers program for pregnant women and they cater to you on flight and give you heated socks to help circulation, seat you near bathrooms and give you inside row seating. Anyway we are happy for you and wish you and your husband luck, don't listen to the jealous people who have no faith in the almighty God. Amen!

That's great for you.

But put the shoe on the other foot. For every person being expedited, someone else is being held back. How would you feel if you were being held back?

Since you're on the K-1 route, you have no idea what the 1-year wait for CR-1 is like. So, if you were waiting for a year for your wife to get here and then were held back even longer to allow someone to cut in the line, tell me you would then be praising your Lord. I doubt it very much.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Amen! Praise the Lord, my fiancee is pregnant too and everyone was telling us she will never make it to the United States because process would take to long. We where given RFE for documents we already submitted with original I-129F submission. We kept our faith in God and now my fiancee is at medical today and her interview is now scheduled for March 17, 2016. She is 25 weeks pregnant as of two days ago, already contacted Asiana Airline who allows Pregnant women to travel with no restriction's prior to 32 weeks. You can even travel from 32-36 weeks with your Doctors consent. Asiana have a special flyers program for pregnant women and they cater to you on flight and give you heated socks to help circulation, seat you near bathrooms and give you inside row seating. Anyway we are happy for you and wish you and your husband luck, don't listen to the jealous people who have no faith in the almighty God. Amen!

I'm pretty certain that "jealous people" can still have faith in the almighty

I am pretty shocked. We never put in for an expedite for our K-1 because of short waiting times. But my fiance actually has a heart condition that is being made worse by us being apart. Pregnancy isn't a good reason for an expedite unless there is something wrong with the medical facility in your area. I doubt you got a expedite just for pregnancy there was probably another factor involved as others have said.

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

You were expedited on both USCIS and NVC phases? :wow:

That's the best miracle-baby story I've seen on this forum. I guess congratulations are in order for being the most luckiest couple on this planet. :thumbs:

There is another member from the same country who has recently posted on another thread that they have been expedited (due to military deployment) and she is also saying that they are skipping NVC completely. Straight from NOA1 to interview, apparently.

I'm thinking something is getting lost in translation somewhere.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There is another member from the same country who has recently posted on another thread that they have been expedited (due to military deployment) and she is also saying that they are skipping NVC completely. Straight from NOA1 to interview, apparently.

I'm thinking something is getting lost in translation somewhere.

There is no way they skip NVC! ... I really don't believe that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.