mustafa1232

i got traffic ticket but after 3 day my citizenship oath ceremony

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi,

vjers after 3 year iam back to this forum. i have citizenship oath ceremony nov/24/2015. i got traffic ticket nov/21/2015.illegal u turn in bussiness district what should i do. in oath ceremony letter i check (yes) truthfully.and my court date is dec/24/2015. and my ticket is not in the computer data base system yet. my ticket amount is $234 so my question is that immigration officer extend or postponed my oath ceremony untill i clear the citation or iam ok with that. please explain me in detail.

It's possible it could affect it.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I hate to give you the bad news, but if you cannot provide final disposition of the ticket (a receipt showing paid in full or case dismissed), you will probably not be allowed to naturalize on Tuesday. This is exactly why I was so careful driving after my interview. Most dangerous period due to the short time to deal with a ticket.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/538617-it-was-a-bad-day-at-oath-ceremonyhelp/

Timeline

I hate to give you the bad news, but if you cannot provide final disposition of the ticket (a receipt showing paid in full or case dismissed), you will probably not be allowed to naturalize on Tuesday. This is exactly why I was so careful driving after my interview. Most dangerous period due to the short time to deal with a ticket.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/538617-it-was-a-bad-day-at-oath-ceremonyhelp/

hi,

kovacs

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/457422-traffic-ticket-before-oath-ceremony/" />

iam agreed with tyler747, san diego, khawaja

Edited by mustafa1232

Please be sure to update this thread on Tuesday. So many times these interesting cases are posted, and then no one posts the outcome.

Good luck.

Timeline

hi,

kovacs iam sorry about your bad experience about speeding ticket. during your citizenship oath ceremony. which will delay your oath ceremony. in my opnion i think at that time you contest you case in traffic court.at that time officer think you have enough time to pay your speeding traffic ticket.but you didnt pay your ticket.and i think officer doubtful about your speeding ticket over $500. and i think that why he or she delay your citizenship oath ceremony, in my opnion it depend on the immigration officer some take traffic citation seriously some take lightly. and its also depend how strict he or she is. and also depend on luck which immigration officer you dealing with. i hope and pray to god.that i got my citizenship without any trouble. and please share your experince when you got your citizenship and how your experince with RFE. this will help other people thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got traffic ticket for the reason you got the ticket before my oath ceremony. I went to my oath ceremony and I told the check in officers that I got traffic ticket and they said its fine along as I don't have any ticket that will result in misdemeanor or felony. Traffic ticket is fine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I cant agree with you on that, if you read the posters issue; look at how many strikes she got

1- Speeding Tickets, i dont know if it was a typo or really multiple tickets

2- courts give you only 2 weeks period to pay your ticket or take it to court, which means in her situation 3 weeks late!

3- my lawyer took care of it?? really? your lawyer? then let your lawyer take the oath for you

4- mentioned something about 3 months probation, so?

4 strikes , if i was the clerk i would do the same.

hi,

vjers after 3 year iam back to this forum. i have citizenship oath ceremony nov/24/2015. i got traffic ticket nov/21/2015.illegal u turn in bussiness district what should i do. in oath ceremony letter i check (yes) truthfully.and my court date is dec/24/2015. and my ticket is not in the computer data base system yet. my ticket amount is $234 so my question is that immigration officer extend or postponed my oath ceremony untill i clear the citation or iam ok with that. please explain me in detail.

good news and bad news

its all up to the clerk, he may and may not let you in

you got your ticket few days before your oath ceremony and you admit that you were at fault and yet you didn't pay it

that shows lack or responsibility to them!

As i said the clerk may just tell u whatever go in, or he may stop you and ask about the status of the ticket!

my thoughts to you is; swallow the ticket, pay it online or go to court in person and pay it, take the receipt and attach it to your documents and make legal U turns next time :D :D

Timeline

I cant agree with you on that, if you read the posters issue; look at how many strikes she got

1- Speeding Tickets, i dont know if it was a typo or really multiple tickets

2- courts give you only 2 weeks period to pay your ticket or take it to court, which means in her situation 3 weeks late!

3- my lawyer took care of it?? really? your lawyer? then let your lawyer take the oath for you

4- mentioned something about 3 months probation, so?

4 strikes , if i was the clerk i would do the same.

good news and bad news

its all up to the clerk, he may and may not let you in

you got your ticket few days before your oath ceremony and you admit that you were at fault and yet you didn't pay it

that shows lack or responsibility to them!

As i said the clerk may just tell u whatever go in, or he may stop you and ask about the status of the ticket!

my thoughts to you is; swallow the ticket, pay it online or go to court in person and pay it, take the receipt and attach it to your documents and make legal U turns next time :D :D

hi,

moekaroit iam appreciate your answer. but sorry iam not agree with you.and i think you dont read my post carefully. as i already mention above i got ticket sat/21/nov/2015. how its possible on monday or tuesday police officer hand over all traffic citation reciept to court clerk. and i know and everybody know all traffic citation detail goes in the computer data system after 3 to 4 week. 3 to 4 week is the standard time to put all traffic citation information in the computer system. and today i personally visit traffic court. and i talk court clerk about about my situation and court clerk told me you are not allowed to pay traffic ticket because your ticket detail is not in our system. and he told me same thing wait as i mention above.and i think iam fine because my ticket amount is below $500.as my research tell me immigration officer allways worry about. if you fight or contest your case in court or is above $500. immigration officer didnt care simple traffic citation case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi,

moekaroit iam appreciate your answer. but sorry iam not agree with you.and i think you dont read my post carefully. as i already mention above i got ticket sat/21/nov/2015. how its possible on monday or tuesday police officer hand over all traffic citation reciept to court clerk. and i know and everybody know all traffic citation detail goes in the computer data system after 3 to 4 week. 3 to 4 week is the standard time to put all traffic citation information in the computer system. and today i personally visit traffic court. and i talk court clerk about about my situation and court clerk told me you are not allowed to pay traffic ticket because your ticket detail is not in our system. and he told me same thing wait as i mention above.and i think iam fine because my ticket amount is below $500.as my research tell me immigration officer allways worry about. if you fight or contest your case in court or is above $500. immigration officer didnt care simple traffic citation case.

Whoever told you that you are not allowed to pay is either lazy to do his job or he doesnt know what he is talking about

I got stopped for speeding 2 months ago, ticket amount was $140 and the funny part is that i was pulled over right by my house, the police officer left and i went inside the house and paid the ticket online! that was 30 minutes after i got the ticket...

and i got ticketed last year for impeding traffic, went 2 days later to court and paid it in cash,

so make sure you ask the right people and do the right thing

and remember when i told you, its up to the immigration clerk? if he doesnt like the situation of the ticket, he can deny you entrance, he can deny you entrance if he thinks your attitude was improper! its all up to his discretion,,, even if the clerk was at fault, you will be denied entrance that particular day...

do it right and dont risk it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.