walran

Expedite I129F

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

SOoooo. From what I can tell these are the items that would justify expediting a petition.

USCIS may expedite a​ petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:​

• Severe financial loss to company or ​person​;​
  • Emergency situation;​
  • Humanitarian reasons;​
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​;​
  • Department of Defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation;​
  • USCIS error; or​
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.​

As a real estate broker and officer of the largest brokerage in our state most of our business is done during the summer months or from May to December. Every time I leave to see my fiance it costs $20,000-$30,000 to my company in lost production etc.

I noticed on here some time ago a woman that said hers was expedited because she would lose her vacation time of one week if it wasn't used and that was a financial setback for her.

My wife's parents are not living and she will need some help making the trip as well as satisfying some social requirements and family responsibilities.

I have been twice in the last six months (40 hour trip each way) but am wondering if it is worth seeking an expedited status or not? I think I can get a senator to sign a request and my company as well has begged me to do whatever possible to get this resolved.

Have any of you had any experience with this and did you do it yourself or did you pay an attorney to draft it for you?

I wonder what the process is? Six months is ridiculous and this 8-12 months is just insane....! IMO

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Use the forum search, or advanced search function to find other postings about the USCIS expedite process.

Your quote seemed to have left out a salient paragraph found at the pertinent USCIS website:

USCIS review​s​ all​ expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership.​ The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the e​xpedite criteria have been met.​

REF: http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

The process is described in the link above.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Right now every K-1 is through California and they get their NOA2 in about a month. Then of course there is the medical and interview.

If you look at Nepal timelines you can see how long it have taken for those at california from your country it might give you an idea :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your reasons really don't seem to warrant an expedite. Your choosing to take the trip, no one is requiring you to go.

This is not a quick process. We all did not / do not enjoy the wait. But feeling lonely isn't a reason to push anyone towards the front of the line.

That being said the worst that can happen is that it won't be granted. Go ahead and try.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm sorry but what is your hardship?

Correct. If you were the company owner, that may be a different story.

You could arrange to have someone help your fiance with her needs in her country.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You wanting to take a trip is not a hardship.

Your "hardship" can be avoided by you not taking the trip.

Furthermore, the economic loss would be to your employer. The largest real estate broker in your state has no one who can cover for you? Not ever possible for you to go on vacation?

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And what do you mean by the statement...."My wife's....."

K-1 visas are for unmarried couples. Maybe a typo?

And yes 8 - 12 months overall is a good working estimate. USCIS has that many cases in front of yours.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...Six months is ridiculous and this 8-12 months is just insane....! IMO

Just imagine the VJers who are still waiting 2+ years now for a K-1.

But back to topic, lets just say the USCIS was to entertain your expedite based on company loss of revenue. You would have to be able to prove your claims with financial data. In addition, as you are only an employee, the company loss of profit due to your absence would have to be fairly significant with respect to it's annual net profits. That said, if you could possibly procure written memos from your superiors that taking long vacations could be detrimental to your job, as you seem to be bringing in most of the company profits by your OP, you could possibly have a case.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Just imagine the VJers who are still waiting 2+ years now for a K-1.

But back to topic, lets just say the USCIS was to entertain your expedite based on company loss of revenue. You would have to be able to prove your claims with financial data. In addition, as you are only an employee, the company loss of profit due to your absence would have to be fairly significant with respect to it's annual net profits. That said, if you could possibly procure written memos from your superiors that taking long vacations could be detrimental to your job, as you seem to be bringing in most of the company profits by your OP, you could possibly have a case.

The hardship has to be to him.

The hardship to a third party does not matter.

Long vacations could be detrimental to anyone's job.

A vacation is not a hardship.

I'm not sure your situation really falls under the criteria for expedition. Kudos to the woman who was able to get hers expedited because of vacation time. I filed an expedite request because I was pregnant with our child and I got denied!

Timeline

I'm not sure your situation really falls under the criteria for expedition. Kudos to the woman who was able to get hers expedited because of vacation time. I filed an expedite request because I was pregnant with our child and I got denied!

Wow! I would think that a child being born might be a great cause to expedite the process under humanitarian reasons.. So sorry! That seems just plain mean!

I do think that I need to go to Nepal for some of the family rites etc. that in Hindu society there seem to be required (even though I am Mormon). The company would suffer of course and want's to do what they can to expedite my process.

Additionally my own losses are matching the company's.

I make a living out of shuffling paperwork and getting through long arduous processes and guess that I will roll the dice and see barring further information.. I think I can come up with a senator's letter pretty easy upon request and maybe that will help or not.. At the worst I guess I just go through the process..

Not sure where I see the timeline for Nepal but the Consulate there told me they will process her within 4 days of receipt so that sounds encouraging too.

I hear different things from different people that I know that have gone through the process and it seems arbitrary.. 3 months for some, 6-9 for others..

I did this about 30 years ago and really hated it then and don't think it is any easier now..:(

Wow! I would think that a child being born might be a great cause to expedite the process under humanitarian reasons.. So sorry! That seems just plain mean!

I do think that I need to go to Nepal for some of the family rites etc. that in Hindu society there seem to be required (even though I am Mormon). The company would suffer of course and want's to do what they can to expedite my process.

Additionally my own losses are matching the company's.

I make a living out of shuffling paperwork and getting through long arduous processes and guess that I will roll the dice and see barring further information.. I think I can come up with a senator's letter pretty easy upon request and maybe that will help or not.. At the worst I guess I just go through the process..

Not sure where I see the timeline for Nepal but the Consulate there told me they will process her within 4 days of receipt so that sounds encouraging too.

I hear different things from different people that I know that have gone through the process and it seems arbitrary.. 3 months for some, 6-9 for others..

I did this about 30 years ago and really hated it then and don't think it is any easier now.. :(

It seems like to me that u just want to file for expedite because u don't feel like doing the normal proces of the application. We all have to go trough this and u will be most likely denied expediting. 6-9 months is for people who still are at Texas service center, but they stopped sending K1 files their because of the backslash. Every petition at this moment is being send to Californië which means NOA2 within 1-2 months. And then another month for NVC and then every consulate is different. The current average waiting time is 3-5 months. Which seems more then reasonable. Ofcourse i'm talking about this moment. U never know when they stop sending all K1 petitions to CSC.

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Timeline

It seems like to me that u just want to file for expedite because u don't feel like doing the normal proces of the application. We all have to go trough this and u will be most likely denied expediting. 6-9 months is for people who still are at Texas service center, but they stopped sending K1 files their because of the backslash. Every petition at this moment is being send to Californië which means NOA2 within 1-2 months. And then another month for NVC and then every consulate is different. The current average waiting time is 3-5 months. Which seems more then reasonable. Ofcourse i'm talking about this moment. U never know when they stop sending all K1 petitions to CSC.

Yes, I admit to being human and wanting to be with the woman I love.. An added impetus in that for religious reasons and personal conviction waiting to have sex until marriage is a challenge on each visit..;)

3 months doesn't seem to be very bad at all (comparatively) but the timelines that I saw were 7-9 months and that is just too much and warrants any effort or expense on my part.

I think the expedited process only expedites the NOA2 right?

Being Christmas time I wonder if that will slow down..

Thanks for you information~!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An added impetus in that for religious reasons and personal conviction waiting to have sex until marriage is a challenge on each visit.. ;)

Well, that's the reason for your expedite right there! Don't even bother with a senators letter or a sob story from your boss. That is gold right there.

In all seriousness, why would you divulge such a personal and private detail in your relationship? It is totally irrelevant to your expedite question and serves no purpose to this thread. If my fiancé exposed such personal details on a public forum, I'd be terribly embarrassed as it is really no ones business. Please apologize to your fiancé and delete that portion of your comment

good luck with your expedite.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.