94 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I just don't feel like it's fair to everyone to be waiting as long as this just to be with someone.

I've seen some fellow Filipinas applying for CR1 visa, took them roughly like 5mos from their submission of documents to get an interview. I know they say that Philippines is one of the easiest country to get a visa as the two countries have good relationship. But it still doesn't change the fact that I've been here waiting for all of this to be over. My husband left me with his eyes on tears and I cried too a lot for months. :( :(

I have been reading this blog all the way to last. Filpina Warriors I know waiting is the most toughest job in the world but thing is you should think it that way that it will end soon and it will be for betterment. I havent seen my Wife for than Year and half u can see from my time line i applied in August 2014 and I am still waiting. Not a single day passes by when i dont call NVC now I lost counting to how many reps and Supervisors I have talked with. Bottom line is you cant do any thing except worsening your health thinking why NVC is taking so long so instead of getting frustrated stay positive try calling them. I dont know your time line but as per my experience the best time to call them is 9:35 pm uptil 10:00 pm of Pakistan time i dont know how much time difference it makes in your country time try calling them in between these timings and you will surely get connected and best of luck.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I just don't feel like it's fair to everyone to be waiting as long as this just to be with someone.

I've seen some fellow Filipinas applying for CR1 visa, took them roughly like 5mos from their submission of documents to get an interview. I know they say that Philippines is one of the easiest country to get a visa as the two countries have good relationship. But it still doesn't change the fact that I've been here waiting for all of this to be over. My husband left me with his eyes on tears and I cried too a lot for months. :( :(

The Philippines get auto-expedited at USCIS because of the storm you had three years ago, not because there are good relations between the US and the Philippines. So just be glad you got through USCIS in two months, rather than the five to six months the rest of us have to wait.

You sent in your I-130 around the same time as our petition reached NVC, so we are six months ahead of you. You have spent eight months in a visa process that takes about a year, so your wait is not longer than average. Come back and complain when you've been stuck for eight months at NVC with no end in sight, like my husband and I have. Or spent six months in AP after your interview, like another VJ member has. Or others who fought for years trying to get their foreign spouse to the US, only to get the dance around by US immigrations.

Complaining about the long visa process you have to go through when you've only spent eight months at it and got auto-expedited at USCIS is like a slap in the face to all of us who are or have had to really fight our way through the visa process.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well your impression is wrong. I've visited my fiancé 5x. I just read a post about someone going to Nigeria to get married on the very first visit. Maybe you need more post reading under your belt before making sweeping generalizations.

Also K1 are supposed to be quicker. It costs more and has the possibility of needing 2 interviews before receiving your greencard. As another poster said K1 is only a visa more steps are needed to obtain a GC once in USA. CR1 step foot in USA with GC. Your comparing apples to oranges. Perhaps some guides would help for a better understanding.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

I agree what you're saying about the K-1/CR-1 when it comes to having met. There are people on both visaa that meets once and then gets married, just as there are people on both visas that meet much more often and even live together before going their chosen visa path. So saying that one visa is more fraudulent than others is ridiculous, so totally agree with you there.

However, don't forget that those entering the US on a CR-1 still needs to remove conditions before their first two years in the US are up (yes I know that's not the exact timeframe :)), which can also result in two interviews. So if you're on the CR-1, you don't just get a greencard when you step foot in the US and you're good to go, that's for IR-1s only.

There are pros and cons with each visa and people need to choose what's best suited for them. Most people do have the option of choosing the K-1 or the CR/IR-1 visa.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

The Philippines get auto-expedited at USCIS because of the storm you had three years ago, not because there are good relations between the US and the Philippines. So just be glad you got through USCIS in two months, rather than the five to six months the rest of us have to wait.

You sent in your I-130 around the same time as our petition reached NVC, so we are six months ahead of you. You have spent eight months in a visa process that takes about a year, so your wait is not longer than average. Come back and complain when you've been stuck for eight months at NVC with no end in sight, like my husband and I have. Or spent six months in AP after your interview, like another VJ member has. Or others who fought for years trying to get their foreign spouse to the US, only to get the dance around by US immigrations.

Complaining about the long visa process you have to go through when you've only spent eight months at it and got auto-expedited at USCIS is like a slap in the face to all of us who are or have had to really fight our way through the visa process.

But I've seen many Filipina getting interview afte 2mos.of documents so you can't blame me for being bothered. :(

But I've seen many Filipina getting interview after 2 months of documents so you can't blame me for being bothered. :(

I can relate to this feeling. I had seen many KBL numbers get their visas issued just two days after the ceac status changed to Non-immingrant (for K-1 cases); however, for us, it took 40 days. We were really heartbroken. Then seeing others pass us, get interviews scheduled faster than ours, get visas (sometimes without AP! Afg=Yikes!) and we were just waiting and felt like our lives couldn't move forward.

The thing is, Warriors, comparing your case to other's cases only steals your joy. I know the feeling of seeing another case and thinking, #######? But we don't have any control over it as we don't have all the facts. I would rather not be expedited if that means that either me or my finace was deathly ill, or some other terrible situation. That's not to mean that you are not in your own terrible situation or that it's not hard on you. I just mean to say that you only bring yourself pain when you compare your case to others.

I compared, because I wanted to know the speed of our embassy. It helped keep me preoccupied, and I met a lot of great friends along the way, but you are on your own journey. Thankfully, it sounds like you are almost to the end!! (F)

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just called now and an answering machine said try again later as they have large volume of call right now. :(

Just hang up and keep hitting redial...you'll get through eventually.

But I'm not using a direct line but an operator has to do it for me so it's kinda makes the situation harder.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree what you're saying about the K-1/CR-1 when it comes to having met. There are people on both visaa that meets once and then gets married, just as there are people on both visas that meet much more often and even live together before going their chosen visa path. So saying that one visa is more fraudulent than others is ridiculous, so totally agree with you there.

However, don't forget that those entering the US on a CR-1 still needs to remove conditions before their first two years in the US are up (yes I know that's not the exact timeframe :)), which can also result in two interviews. So if you're on the CR-1, you don't just get a greencard when you step foot in the US and you're good to go, that's for IR-1s only.

There are pros and cons with each visa and people need to choose what's best suited for them. Most people do have the option of choosing the K-1 or the CR/IR-1 visa.

K1 also have to remove conditions after the 2 year GC. I agree each couple should carefully study and choose the option that best suits them

And their unique circumstance. What I don't understand is why we're complaining about it now. To each their own. Our journey has had set backs. Our K1 has taken longer than most CR1. But hey that's what we chose so we're dealing with it.

I wish everyone a speedy journey! Best of Luck!

I could argue just as easy how some have it rough w/ the tough consulates and there seems to be cake walk consulates like Manilla that serve visas likes an automatic towel dispenser in the restroom, with what seems to be little to no scrutiny. The K1 in general is processed quicker cause frankly theres less to process...upfront. Dont really know why it has to be a big stink. The information is available before hand to cultivate your decision. It is what it is.

But I've seen many Filipina getting interview afte 2mos.of documents so you can't blame me for being bothered. :(

If you can, try and get a cell phone even if its a prepay. Make sure you have ample time loaded and try and call yourself, just as the previous posts say, keep hitting redial until you get through. Best wishes!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts merged with existing thread.***

I just called now and an answering machine said try again later as they have large volume of call right now. :(

Hi philipina just keep trying don't stop from the first call im on line with them now

Still trying.

But I'm not using a direct line but an operator has to do it for me so it's kinda makes the situation harder.

If you can, try and get a cell phone even if its a prepay. Make sure you have ample time loaded and try and call yourself, just as the previous posts say, keep hitting redial until you get through. Best wishes!

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I think we can all agree that for most, regardless of which visa you are applying for, has to endure long wait times. And I think that most of us can also agree that for a lot of couples its not always easy to visit our significant other, whether it be financial constraints or time constraints with jobs. I do believe that there needs to be some major changes made to this process and I am always thinking of such. When I come up with some viable options I will definitely do all I can to get my opinions and suggestions for improvement noticed. I dont yet know how I'm going to do it, but it's been on my mind a lot. I did sign up for the Immigration Reform newsletter to get up-to-date on changes being considered by the U.S. government...don't know yet if it will be helpful. Maybe to start, we can have a forum here on VJ for honest suggestions on process improvements... Just an idea!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.