94 posts in this topic

You haven't read my post. I was specifically talking about people who have met the obligatory number of times and then are granted the K1. This is happening but everyone wants to talk about long established relationships/LGBT/ and people from different faiths...talk about apples and oranges! Do we have to go from one extreme to another?

Yes you did your research and chose K1 so you get to be with your partner sooner. I did my research too and chose to have a wedding in my home country with all my relations because that meant something to me.

I've acknowledged Tha I am feeling bitter about my wait so you can't throw that in my face. I don't like how long this process is. Its too long no matter what the end result is it does not have to be so long. The end.

You know international travel is expensive, right? It's kind of unrealistic to expect people, especially young people, to visit their s/o regularly if they do not have unlimited funds to do so.

Trust me if I could see my fiance more often than I do now, I would. But I have a job I need to be present for and college classes and rent to pay so it's just not realistic.

It has NOTHING to do with just meeting a required number of visits and then not seeing him anymore because I don't need to. You again are making assumptions.

It's a difficult process regardless of the route you go and belittling others who are going through it is just not necessary. Negativity will not help anyone get approved any faster.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

You haven't read my post. I was specifically talking about people who have met the obligatory number of times and then are granted the K1. This is happening but everyone wants to talk about long established relationships/LGBT/ and people from different faiths...talk about apples and oranges! Do we have to go from one extreme to another?

Yes you did your research and chose K1 so you get to be with your partner sooner. I did my research too and chose to have a wedding in my home country with all my relations because that meant something to me.

I've acknowledged Tha I am feeling bitter about my wait so you can't throw that in my face. I don't like how long this process is. Its too long no matter what the end result is it does not have to be so long. The end.

I agree with you about the process being too long!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i gotta say, I really don't understand this opinion. I agree the process seems like it can be faster, but according to the law spouses are the priority! An LPR cannot petition for a fiance, only a USC can, but they can petition for a spouse. With this opinion, you are suggesting that someone should be able to get a green card within seven or less months - for the whole process? Really? From start to finish until ROC or naturalization?

I´m talking about waiting time... Not about get a Greencard.

They don´t care that families are separated... I really whould prefer wait the case next to my husband than wait abroad... But I had no choice... My husband is an american citizen... I´m not interested about anything else, I just want to be with him... I can´t destroy his career... He has a good one. That´s why I don´t ask him to wait with me abroad. I care about his happiness and I can´t make him stop his profession, since he doesn´t speak a word in portuguese.

So, I work with what I have.

I understand what are you talking about.

But I still think that is not nice what happens...

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I do not understand the yada yada about waiting a few months to have the spouse in the USA. To get married or engaged is a choice, K1 visa or CR1 visa is a choice as well,what is the point to be so jealous of the k1 filers? . I can understand feelings of love,missing someone,but crying,despair and bitterness this is co dependency not love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Seriously. K-1's hardly get processed any faster than CR-1's unless you are one of the lucky few who get processed at csc. You have no basis or right to say that your relationship matters more than my relationship with my fiancé simply because you are married. If you're looking for pity you aren't going to get any because you're knit picking things just to find something to complain about to make yourself feel good. Many k-1 couples have children, many k-1 couples live or had lived together before filing. Many couples have been torn apart. It is just as easy to fake a CR-1 visa as it is to fake a K-1 visa. Every single person on this website feels sadness and grief because we ALL miss our loved ones. K-1 visas are not more important than CR-1 visas. Many many people filing K-1's end up waiting even longer than CR-1 visas. You have no right to think or even say that we are less worthy of being with our fiances.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Timeline

I do not understand the yada yada about waiting a few months to have the spouse in the USA. To get married or engaged is a choice, K1 visa or CR1 visa is a choice as well,what is the point to be so jealous of the k1 filers? . I can understand feelings of love,missing someone,but crying,despair and bitterness this is co dependency not love.

Hahahaha I see!

Mine it wasn´t a choice...

I was removed and the chances to be accepted back with a spouse visa are much bigger than file for a K1, right?

Me and my husband we don´t want to loose time, so we did that to be sure that we will not be denied!

I love him badly!!!!

If I cry??? Many nights...

But what I have to do now???

Wait... wait... wait... wait... and make money urgent to see him as much as I can

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

I think spouses and finaces should be allowed to get visitor visas more easily. Or at least one visit visa. They could make a mandatory return or the whole petition gets rejected and the couple needs to start over.

That would at least prevent foreign beneficiaries from thinking that the roads are paved in gold and would give them a more realistic view of living in the States. If we could have had something like that, we would have done spousal visa. I would have at least tried for a K-3, even though it's more wait AND money.

For every six months of wait time on our visas, a special visitor visa giving three months or less to visit would help. It would be the kind thing to do, but just add to their administrative work, so a little impractical.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I think spouses and finaces should be allowed to get visitor visas more easily. Or at least one visit visa. They could make a mandatory return or the whole petition gets rejected and the couple needs to start over.

That would at least prevent foreign beneficiaries from thinking that the roads are paved in gold and would give them a more realistic view of living in the States. If we could have had something like that, we would have done spousal visa. I would have at least tried for a K-3, even though it's more wait AND money.

For every six months of wait time on our visas, a special visitor visa giving three months or less to visit would help. It would be the kind thing to do, but just add to their administrative work, so a little impractical.

Definitelly a great idea!

Maybe one day! :rolleyes:

event.png

I agree, it seems like a lot more K1 visas get processed than CR1 visas. But We just have to keep our heads up and trust in the lord that he has his reasons. I am stuck in administrative processing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Patience is the key. We survived almost 3 years away from each other.

My K1 Visa Interview Experience: http://perksandgrumps.com/us-embassy-manila-interview-for-k1-visa/

July 13, 2013 = Arrived in the U.S. (Port of Entry: Hawaii)

August 3, 2013 = Got married!

August 29, 2013 = Mailed application for Adjustment of Status

September 7, 2013 = Received NOA1

October 1, 2013 = Biometrics done.

November 20, 2013 = Scheduled interview.

December 2, 2013 = Green Card received! The letter said they approved my application on Nov 22. 

----------

AOS

Filed = Sept. 3, 2014

NOA 1 = Sept. 7, 2014

Biometrics = October 1, 2014

Interview = October 20, 2014

Green card received = October 22, 2014

----------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes. Extra fees. Extra hoops. I can afford those monetary inconveniences more than I can stand to be away from my partner.

not extra hoops, the same hoops spouses jump through before they get their visas

There are pros and cons for each visa which one is better depends on the person and their situation. I have notice that a lot of people when complaining about the different process for the visas are actually comparing relationships rather then the actual visas. To say a person that been marry 1,5 or 10 years is more deserving of a visa then a couple who is not is wrong. Or to think just because a fiance couple have know each other for a long time that they deserve a visa more then someone who had just been married for a couple of months is not right either

I do think this process is to long no matter which visa a person decides to do. I really do not see a way that everything could be equal in the process

If you make the waiting time the same then do you make K-1 visas wait as long as cr-1 visa and still have to do the extra stuff once in USA? Or do you make

the cr-1 visa go thru the same extra stuff that the K-1 visa do in order to make the processing time the same.

I just think a person needs to compare the cr-1 visa to the K-1 visa instead of the relationship of being married to not being married

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is only to encourage you

many of us have cried over this process

i applied in July 2009 and after figthing for his visa finally we got the approval in July 2015

married over 5 years when he finally got his visa in hand

Keep doing everything they ask of you

and Trust me When you are finally together, it is worth it

Just think of what you want in life , make plans for your future together and love each other deeply

Praying helps as a higher power really is in control

when you are finally united, bless you and your spouse and have a beautiful family

I agree, it seems like a lot more K1 visas get processed than CR1 visas. But We just have to keep our heads up and trust in the lord that he has his reasons. I am stuck in administrative processing.

You had interview faster than most of us. It's my 3rd month from the time I sent papers. And 2nd month from DS260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.