94 posts in this topic

You're immigrating to America. Be prepared for differential treatment and things that aren't fair. Even in the most ideological governments nothings truly 'fair' which is subjective anyhow. America is no different.

This thread reminds me of this scenario, me single and no kids and friend married w/ kids.

ME: "I don't make enough money, Comp X doesn't pay me enough for what I do compared to the market"

HIM: "You're single, you should have all the money in the world"
ME: " you make more than me"
HIM: "i have a wife and two kids, you have more disposable money, hence you make more than me"

How the heck is that my problem?

I didn't force him to get married. I didn't force him to have kids. No one did. Those were his choices /mistakes. It doesn't change me' being underpaid'. His circumstances have ZERO correlation to my circumstances.

Him being married with kids does not make him underpaid.

Is he admonishing me for not having kids? I'm punishing him for having kids?

WTH cares. It changes, nothing.

We're still great friends.

K1/CR1 doesnt make a difference.

Just as easy to fraud CR1 as K1, plenty of people can play the long game. Just like dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, unscrupulous people will always find a way.

People loved their others as much as the rest. The process was clear, the choices were made. You got married first, you have to file CR1. It was the process before you got married and still is. Doesn't negate other peoples relationships nor journey.

Edited by heo luoi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well said!!!

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2013-08-01 (L)(L)

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-01

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-01

NVC Received : 2014-04-30

Received DS-261 /AOS Bill : 2014-06-05

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-15

Send AOS Package : 2014-06-30

Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-05

Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Send IV Package : 2014-07-20

4 RFE about the 1-864: 2014/08 to 2015/03

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-22

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-08-27

Medical: 2015-08-31 in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon M.

Interview Date : 2015-09-28 :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview Result : Approved :yes::yes::yes:

Passport received from Loomis: 2015-09-30

POE: 2015-10-09

Just an idea for calling the NVC. Google hangouts. I used to call from my tablet on my wifi. Never had a problem or a disconnected call. Just make sure you know in advance what to ask for and the details they ask you at the beginning. Some reps arent patient and will not be helpful if you start the call giving the wrong info.

Regarding to lenght of both types of visas well, it has been stated before. 1. Its a choice you have to make at the early stages of the relationship in most cases. We hired a lawyer and she explained to us both types, we decided to go CR1 because of the pros. 2. Every case is different. Do not compare yours to others because this is just nonsense. Different people, different stories, different backgrounds. And it steals your joy. Hang in there. This shall pass, it will not be over quickly, you will not enjoy it, but it will make you value every single minute you can share together and strenghten the relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mhm.... the one thing that is fair is that we all are treated unfairly by governments.

You're immigrating to America. Be prepared for differential treatment and things that aren't fair. Even in the most ideological governments nothings truly 'fair' which is subjective anyhow. America is no different.

Filipina warriors, how have you been since?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.