efofie

DENIED

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If the CO decides to return the petition, you cannot order him/her to do otherwise...the CO is not required to speak with you following a denial. 'Insisting' to speak with a CO does not exist. IF the CO chooses not to discuss the denial with you in person, you cannot force him/her to do so.

If they have decided to return the petition, they will have to describe to USCIS why the petition is being returned and the consular chief must sign off on it.

Your presence cannot change that action once decided. Remember, only consular officers can make visa decisions. No other person can, nor can a third party influence the adjudication of a visa application. The COs are NOT required to discuss a visa denial, and in fact, doing so would be a violation of law.

A CO or the Consular chief can opt to allow the USC spouse to be at the interview, but that is optional....and no, a senator or congressman cannot 'order' a CO to allow the USC to attend the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
  1. Sorry I did mean to say pastor not poster. The pictures she sent were our marriage ceremony pictures at the church. CO said since we did it at the church why didn't we have any of the picture with the pastor together. Also, they want to see our chart records. I'm going to screenshot those from WhatsAPP and put all together on a word document. But the WhatsAPP charts when I screenshot, its not showing the date of the chart. They also want to see remittance slips, I don't have those. I have a house in Ghana so we were not in a hotel.

You don't have any other pictures aside from your wedding? They need to see you guys with others. Looking natural not studio posting. Download whatsapp chat to email open with either word document or notepad all the date stamps are there.

It's very important you get your chat logs to show you communicate. If you have Skype logs, viper, what ever way you communicate you need to show that.All visits together did you submit visa stamps.

Doesn't sound like a very robust petition package you put together so you need to move fast and get there in person with all these things in hand.

Get some affidavits from family mom , dad, siblings, a friend like 3 or 4 attesting to your relationship.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

1. Sorry I did mean to say pastor not poster. The pictures she sent were our marriage ceremony pictures at the church. CO said since we did it at the church why didn't we have any of the picture with the pastor together. Also, they want to see our chart records. I'm going to screenshot those from WhatsAPP and put all together on a word document. But the WhatsAPP charts when I screenshot, its not showing the date of the chart. They also want to see remittance slips, I don't have those. I have a house in Ghana so we were not in a hotel.

Remittance slips would be when you sent her money....How did you send it? if you did it on your credit or debit card through western union or any other service then you can easily find evidence of that. show them your flights to ghana, and the fact that you have a house there should be ample proof of relationship, I assume she lives in it and if you own it a simple document with your name on the house and her mailing address is the same should trump any pictures you could offer in my mind.....but I am just a newbie here, these experienced members Im sure will offer you great advice

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You are being given a second chance, get all of the pictures you can of when you were there with your husband, pics of your trips around town and with family and friends, get family members on your side and her side to right letters of acknowledgment of your relationship and marriage, print out your chats a few pages from the begining of your relationship up until now, copies of your plane tickets, you must understand that this co is a stranger you have to show them that your marriage is real! You will be allowed to enter and go to the window when your husband is called, but be aware that they may not talk to you and ask you to have a seat, this Emabssy will not let you speak to a supervisor or the chief consular if your denied or if they send your case back, so gather proof quickly and neatly and go to support husband! I wish you the best of luck on the next interview ????

You are being given a second chance, get all of the pictures you can of when you were there with your husband, pics of your trips around town and with family and friends, get family members on your side and her side to right letters of acknowledgment of your relationship and marriage, print out your chats a few pages from the begining of your relationship up until now, copies of your plane tickets, you must understand that this co is a stranger you have to show them that your marriage is real! You will be allowed to enter and go to the window when your husband is called, but be aware that they may not talk to you and ask you to have a seat, this Emabssy will not let you speak to a supervisor or the chief consular if your denied or if they send your case back, so gather proof quickly and neatly and go to support husband! I wish you the best of luck on the next interview ????

Sorry wrote husband it should be wife?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

I'm really sorry you are going thru this. Yo can print your whatsapp Conversations, It's a little dificult the firs time but I will do my best to explain how:

Go to WhatsApp Chats, (You are going to see every resent conversations) There's a simbol on the right like this one " > " Place your finger on it and slowly slide it to the left but just a little ( if you do it all the way you will save the file on the top)

You will see 2 choices "MORE" and "ARCHIVE".

Tab on "MORE" it will show some choices Tab on EMAIL CHAT ( Select without media will be faster)

Put your email and... that's it!! you will get an attachment ready to be printed :-)

Hope the explanation was good!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If the CO decides to return the petition, you cannot order him/her to do otherwise...the CO is not required to speak with you following a denial. 'Insisting' to speak with a CO does not exist. IF the CO chooses not to discuss the denial with you in person, you cannot force him/her to do so.

If they have decided to return the petition, they will have to describe to USCIS why the petition is being returned and the consular chief must sign off on it.

Your presence cannot change that action once decided. Remember, only consular officers can make visa decisions. No other person can, nor can a third party influence the adjudication of a visa application. The COs are NOT required to discuss a visa denial, and in fact, doing so would be a violation of law.

A CO or the Consular chief can opt to allow the USC spouse to be at the interview, but that is optional....and no, a senator or congressman cannot 'order' a CO to allow the USC to attend the interview.

1. No one said you can 'order' the CO to do otherwise.

2. "Insisting" to speak to a CO definitely exists and I have done it more than once. Understand the definition of "insisting."

3. If the CO chooses not to discuss the denial you can not force him to. DUH !

4. Troubleshoot immediately has been done many times with successful outcomes.

5. Discussing the the visa denial with the USC is NOT against the law, stop posting nonsense. Certain privacy laws do exist for the beneficiary but that

does not mean the case can't be discussed at all. I am living proof for that among other members here.

6.No one said a senator or congressman can 'order' the CO to allow the USC to attend but everything possible should be done to be on the premises

and ask if the USC can attend. Period.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ah ha, this is something for people to take note of! Now I'm thankful we had a second wedding in the Blue Mosque and submitted a photo of us with the Imam, along with his contact information. When we were first married, we only went to the court house and it wasn't any different than getting a car registered. All we had was photos of the two of us outside on the courthouse steps.

So some new advise for all of us. Make sure the person who preformed your wedding is included in some photos.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Ryan, thank you for your reply. Will they allowed me to go the interview with her if I have my US passport? Also, since the CO she thinks our pictures did not have any poster in it, is it advisable for us to take new pictures when I get to Ghana for the second interview?

You are allowed to attend the interview. Yes bring your passport and the letter they gave your wife for her to come back on another date. Yes take new pictures. Do everything you can to help your case.

Good luck to you both I wish you the best.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agree with Anh map,

Much more evidence, and not things ""after the interview"" and you being there, would certainly help her chances, without it, I would say the results might be the same as the first one.

But, with you there, I think you have a good chance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife went for her interview at Accra yesterday. CO did not believe in our pictures. She has been rescheduled to come with more evidence on the 26th. My question is, me as a US citizen should I go to Ghana and go to the second interview with her? Will that actually help her get the visa? What should I do now? Please help.

Being at the interview will boost her odds, however, you being there is not the "evidence" they seek. They want additional photos and documents to prove your bonafide relationship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

^^ You are missing the whole point. Again. The USC can and should troubleshoot at the interview if allowed (obviously) or immediately after.
I have news for you, CO's that have said the petition will be returned have CHANGED THEIR MINDS after the USC had spoken with them. Period.

I don't care how many regulations you can cite, some CO's DO change their minds up until a petition is in the diplomatic pouch and on it's way back.

You are too late to tell me and others that, after chit chatting with the CO it certainly was done.

If you were here for a few years reading regional forums then you would understand from people's

experiences how the dice roll. One should try and may be successful as others have been

in the past rather than take your wide sweep of general statements as facts. You may be the one who would lay down and not challenge

a refusal because of how YOU perceive things to be but you are forgetting about a whole lot of discretionary power of a last minute convinced CO

with a USC stepping it up asking questions about a refusal minutes before. CO's are people not robots.
Senators have requested second interviews on behalf of the USC that were granted.

USC have spoken with CO's immediately after refusals and have been successful in a change of mind to approval.

It doesn't happen a lot but it DOES happen so who are you to know who will be successful in trying and who won't.

Nobody suggested to go in there like an arrogant jerk waving the blue book yelling like a mad man

but neither should one run with a tucked tail; there is a middle ground. It seems you only see black and white and not

the 50 shades of grey in between.

Long story short, USC should be on the premises as previously stated.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

I believe you might re-read what I wrote...while some COs might allow a discussion or might be persuaded not to do something, that is up to the individual. I note that you said 'senators have requested a second interview' which is far from ordering one.

A good CO, however, should back their own judgment without influence from other sources. If a CO believes that asking for certain information from other sources might help, they can do that. If the CO has already come to a conclusion, then it's time to make the decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.