dwheels76

September 2015 Interviews

1,743 posts in this topic

Please note that not everyone with a case at NVC is on Vj..

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

Here is big day story...

On July 28, I had my interview. It was scheduled at 10am.

My husband and our little 2 1/2 little girl were with me, I brought my husband with me coz I need help for my little girl plus i am 6 months pregnant.

We were at the Consulate around 9:15am then a lady with folder on hand asked me what time is my interview and i said 10am. So she asked us to be back after 9:30am.

There is a Starbucks across the street so we stayed there for couple mins then back at 9:45am. Same lady came out from the door and called those have appointments at 10:00am and gave me an applicant number.

The security asked me if I was only the applicant. He told me my husband and our little girl will wait for me outside. I am only the person allowed to go in. I didn't say any word but to follow.

Next step was the security procedure. There was an officer asked me to put my bag with documents and said this is heavy. He saw that I am pregnant and ai told him that my husband was turned away with our girl and they are outside. The officer told me to go and call them and talk again the security officer that was on duty. This time he let him/ them in.

They held my phone and car keys , headsets, and lunchbox with lights and gave me a ticket number.

We went down tru the stairs to elevator and went up to 19th flr.

We stayed at the middle as instructed. Chairs for applicants for immigrant visa.

We waited until 12nn. till I was called to window 1. We were called by my applicant number.

A nice lady asked me to give original updated Affidavit of support, Tax transcripts 2014, civil documents, pictures, passports old and new, police clearances. All originals. only a copy of my passport was asked. Then after that we were asked to sit and wait for the CO to call us again.

Gave me a paper about domestic violence askes me to read it.

In 5mins ny number were called again to go to window 8.

CO: Read the posted info on the left. ( reminder about telling the truth and perjury)

Me: I read it Sir.

Then he started asking questions:

1. Aside from Us, have you been to any other country. ( Yes sir, in singapore.)

2. how long did you stay there?

3. did you go back after 2006?

He asked my husband: Where do you live right now?

when did you come to Canada for this trip? Last Sunday sir.

Is your daughter a Us citizen too? Yes sir.

That was it. he gave me a welcome letter and instructions about how to get the visa.

He did not give back my original civil docs. because of the excitement i totally forgot my originals.

* i emailed the consulate and replied this;

Thank you for your email!

Please note that all original documents are returned back to the applicant on the day of the interview. The U.S Consulate General Montreal does not keep original documents in file.

So I am still contemplating If I have to email it back again and explain i did not give photocopies maybe thats the reason why they took my originals or I will wait for my package hoping they will include it there.

For the journey of getting this done, thank you saylin, dwells, NLR, Canadiangirl, christina, for all your patience answering my quieries and for your wisdom. May God bless you all.

Though I am still waiting for my visa, I am thankful to God for the strengths and courage and blessing for the trip we had made. God is good all the time! just pray and believe!

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wonder why New Delhi is among the most back-logged, is it the large number of India applicants, or embassy staff shortage?

Though we sent our docs a week before you, and 55 days since we submitted ds260, we're still waiting for cc.

I hope New Delhi catches up..

what ever the reason is for backlog, its just ridiculous... waiting for 2 to 3 months just for interview date. we are at their mercy. and talking to NVC reps is like talking to wall. they know nothing...

I hope you get your CC soon..... Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Called NVC and once again nothing. The rep told me to call back. That's all. Cc April 28 and losing patience.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have the interview scheduled.

Interview date 8/19

Congratulations. You are added to the spreadsheet. Welcome to the group. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I called today to the NVC and all they could tell me is that they started scheduling for September interviews...but all of us know that already. My case complete July 16, I'm hoping to hear something soon, I cant wait another month....my wife is pregnant and expecting by end of October. Does anyone know if Mexico is behind because of the system failure in July? I hope not.

Welcome to the group. Congratulations on CC. I have added you to spreadsheet.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

NVC is saying they are giving out appointment for September but it is only two update on the spreadsheet so it seems like something is wrong at nvc

Jorr there is a big wide world out there. I so wish everybody petitioning was on VJ. But for the few you seem multiple that by at least 20 or more out there. There are months I have seen VJ members for certain embassies not get interviews it's all about where you are in the queue. Think of the 100's of petitions out there not represented here and there are thousands. Just have to hang in there. sorry.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a similar situation. My case was completed July 29 but my wife is pregnant and due by October. I'm really scared if she delivers before the interview it wont pose a problem and praying i could beat the delivery date. But its looking most likely the interview will go all th way down to November at this rate...I really hope it wont be a problem if she gives birth before the interview. Just praying and waiting to see how this plays out

Hey guys,

Here is big day story...

On July 28, I had my interview. It was scheduled at 10am.

My husband and our little 2 1/2 little girl were with me, I brought my husband with me coz I need help for my little girl plus i am 6 months pregnant.

................................................................................

That was it. he gave me a welcome letter and instructions about how to get the visa.

He did not give back my original civil docs. because of the excitement i totally forgot my originals.

Though I am still waiting for my visa, I am thankful to God for the strengths and courage and blessing for the trip we had made. God is good all the time! just pray and believe!

Hey Bellez214, Congratulations on your approval!!! I had my interview the same day - 28th of July, and I picked up my visa on the 30th. There is not much I can advice you on how to get back your original documents. Maybe someone else will chip in. I almost forgot to ask for them too, but I had this reminder note written on my hand and I asked them about my originals right away after submitting copies as substitute.

By the way, another missing and forgotten original of our Marriage Certificate I received on top of the immigration envelope together with passport when I came to pick up my visa. I also found there our original pictures we sent as an evidence of relationship to the USCIS. Don't give up, send them another e-mail and request your originals to be returned with your visa. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.