chrismorrison

June 2015 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sooooo annoyed right now. My husband's green card has been sitting at USCIS since June 1, and we got the letter stating that we'd "probably" get waived on the interview but that the processing would be another 6 months (in September). Meanwhile, he's been working part-time (as a part-time permanent employee) at Best Buy because no one will hire him without his green card for a full-time, normal job. At least it's a job.

A couple of days ago, BB stopped giving him hours. When he called, they said "it's busy right now, I'll call you back". Two days and several phonecalls sent to voice mail later, he went in to talk to the managers and find out what's going on, and they tell him he was hired as a seasonal worker only and the season is over - it's too slow to give him hours. Unbelievable. Literally the day before, he received his benefits package information (clearly NOT a seasonal employee).

Someday, he's going to be able to get a real job again and work full time for a company that values hard work. Until then, back to the drawing board for a ####### job long enough to get him through USCIS' pathetic example of "processing". SIGH.

Sooooo annoyed right now. My husband's green card has been sitting at USCIS since June 1, and we got the letter stating that we'd "probably" get waived on the interview but that the processing would be another 6 months (in September). Meanwhile, he's been working part-time (as a part-time permanent employee) at Best Buy because no one will hire him without his green card for a full-time, normal job. At least it's a job.

A couple of days ago, BB stopped giving him hours. When he called, they said "it's busy right now, I'll call you back". Two days and several phonecalls sent to voice mail later, he went in to talk to the managers and find out what's going on, and they tell him he was hired as a seasonal worker only and the season is over - it's too slow to give him hours. Unbelievable. Literally the day before, he received his benefits package information (clearly NOT a seasonal employee).

Someday, he's going to be able to get a real job again and work full time for a company that values hard work. Until then, back to the drawing board for a ####### job long enough to get him through USCIS' pathetic example of "processing". SIGH.

I am sorry to hear about the job part. I just got off the phone with USCIS. My case got transferred to LA. She said it should be more beneficial to me since they will process my case faster ?. It's been 2 weeks since the transfer and still nothing. She encouraged me to call back at the end of the month if I won't hear anything by then. Let's see!! My medical expires on February 4th and I am not willing to spend any extra money!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about the job part. I just got off the phone with USCIS. My case got transferred to LA. She said it should be more beneficial to me since they will process my case faster ?. It's been 2 weeks since the transfer and still nothing. She encouraged me to call back at the end of the month if I won't hear anything by then. Let's see!! My medical expires on February 4th and I am not willing to spend any extra money!!

They can do faster but they do not want to :D. It is over 7 months now for you and for me. My case is outside HOuston timeframe over a month but no news. I just worry one day we gonna get RFE once our medical exam expired.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Timeline

So I just went on USCIS website (again) and it's the first time we've been able to submit an inquiry (every other time I've ever tried it's said that we were still within "normal" processing times)...and we're supposed to get a response by Jan 27th. That's something I guess. Although that's about when we're expecting the 6 months extra to be up...

This process is exhausting. I can't WAIT 'til he starts the process to become a citizen. :crying::ranting::cry:

Timeline

Follow up on hubby's job (and some terrific news!):

So Monday morning before work, I went and looked up Best Buy's employee policies, came to work, and thought about it, and when I got home, we wrote a letter to Corporate and explained several things that were going on that were against their policies (and actually, several are illegal). He got a confirmation email yesterday stating that the email had been forwarded to their ethics committee and a review would be forthcoming.

Today, Corporate called him and told him that the store had made a mistake and then the store scheduler called him to tell him that he would be seeing his hours on his schedule tomorrow, that it was a mistake, and he made sure that the scheduler knew that he is NOT seasonal, that he is permanent, and that they need to ensure he's getting his hours.

HA.

Check your work policies folks. You need to know what your rights are...most immigrants wouldn't know that they can't just get rid of you without telling you that they were going to or without good reason. It's our job(s) to help our new spouses understand that in this country, you have rights. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Follow up on hubby's job (and some terrific news!):

So Monday morning before work, I went and looked up Best Buy's employee policies, came to work, and thought about it, and when I got home, we wrote a letter to Corporate and explained several things that were going on that were against their policies (and actually, several are illegal). He got a confirmation email yesterday stating that the email had been forwarded to their ethics committee and a review would be forthcoming.

Today, Corporate called him and told him that the store had made a mistake and then the store scheduler called him to tell him that he would be seeing his hours on his schedule tomorrow, that it was a mistake, and he made sure that the scheduler knew that he is NOT seasonal, that he is permanent, and that they need to ensure he's getting his hours.

HA.

Check your work policies folks. You need to know what your rights are...most immigrants wouldn't know that they can't just get rid of you without telling you that they were going to or without good reason. It's our job(s) to help our new spouses understand that in this country, you have rights. :)

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi:) question. How long is the medical valid for?...I thought that if you filed your aos within a year from your medical it is still valid and you won't need to repeat. We have my husband's interview next week and I don't want to run into any problems. His medical was in Oct 2014 and we filed the AOS papers in June 2015. I thought that was still good?

Panicking now:o

Filed: Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Good News!! I just received an update from the website, saying that my "Green Card is Being Produced"! So happy about it! Will update my timeline later today!

ROC Timeline

Oct. 25, 2017:  Sent ROC package via USPS

Oct. 27, 2017:  Package well delivered

Nov. 01, 2017:  Cheque cleared

Nov. 02, 2017:  Received the NOA by mail.  The date printed on NOA is 10/27/2017.

AOS,EAD & AP for K1

June 08, 2015: Sent AOS package via FedEx
June 09, 2015: Received
June 11, 2015: NOA1 email/sms
June 18, 2015: NOA1 hard copies received
July 01, 2015: Biometrics appointment

Aug. 28, 2015: EAD & AP Received

Jan. 16, 2016: Green Card being produced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good News!! I just received an update from the website, saying that my "Green Card is Being Produced"! So happy about it! Will update my timeline later today!

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Yay! Congratulations!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was scheduled for yesterday January 27th at 12.35pm. We arrived around 12pm and there was a line up by the security checkpoint which took us about 10 mins to clear up. We were sitting at the waiting room by 12.15pm and there was a lot of people in the waiting room. We waited for about 2 hrs before a lady officer called us into her office. She asked us for our IDs and passports. She then went through the questions on I-485 and went through I-131 as well. She also asked us how we met and how we ended up here. At the end of the interview she told us we would get a notice in the mail and I would be getting a 10 yr green card as we've been married for two years now. I received a text this morning that my card was approved. Overall it was a pleasant experience

June 11,2015- Sent everything to the Chicago lock box
June 22,2015- NOA email and texts received
June 23,2015- Checks withdrawn
July 15, 2015- Biometrics appointment
July 20,2015- ready to schedule an interview
August 21,2015- EAD/AP is approved

September 3,2015- EAD card is in production.-Card was held by the post office for 1 month due to relocation despite mail forwarding request.

Oct 23, 2015 - EAD card received.

Nov 2, 2015 - Social Security card received.

Dec 28, 2015 - Received notice to appear for an interview.

Jan 27,2016- Appeared for the AOS interview at Seattle, WA.

Jan 28, 2016- Received a notice that card is in production.

Jan 28, 2016- Case Approved

Feb 2, 2016- Card Mailed

Feb 4, 2016- GC received (Hoorayyy) :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.