Ugly_American

Fraud? Wife cheated now wants divorce.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Filipino wife has been in US for 3.5 years. She came on a fiance visa, we married, hadand had a child. Last month she secretly opened a new acct on filipinocupid.com. I know this from her browsing history and my own sleuthing. She met a guy online, four days later he sent her a ticket to new orleans (we live in CA). 13 days later she left on a four day trip which spanned the Thanksgiving holidays. She left our son in my good care. At the time she said she was taking some time with a girlfriend to consider our future relationship. Upon her return she said she wanted a divorce. She also said that she wanted physical custody of our child and that she might soon need to quit her newly acquired $90k/yr. nursing job in order to advance her career. I asked where she might need to work and mississippi and new orleans made the list ( the guy she met there lives in MS). Of course she can't easily move out of state, but that she is thinking about it is disturbing. Also disturbing is that leaving here would pull him away from both my parents and their spouces, all of whom consider him their only grandchild. She really is thinking only of herself and not of our son's best interest.

My goal is to get a divorce, hopefully with physical custody, if not also supervised visitation based on a fear she might flee.

Should I also pursue fraud charges on the marriage? She has her green card and we've filed paperwork on the lifting of restrictions (i-751). Her next interview is Jan 9. I want as much leverage as possible for the custody battle.

I'm not so worried about the guy in Mississippi as theyve since stopped talking. But she's online internet dating and seems very interested in finding a new guy. She still has no idea that I know everything she's doing. She thinks she's being clever but every day I'm gathering new evidence to support my custody case. She has also recently been moving money into a sectret paypal account. I'll do anything to protect my son

And would have done anything to save our marriage, but she has no interest. I never cheated on her. Times have been financially tight, but compared to where she was before she came here she can have no complaints. And with me starting a new job, coupled with her new job (which took us both much work to acquire) we would have no more financial problems.

Please advise. And thank you in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry about all this. There is no Fraud here as far as USCIS is concerned. What you have is a unfortunate situation of a Divorce.

There is nothing to stop her from taking the child or you for that matter but, unfair to the child. If you can't split peacefully with joint custody please try hard for this. If your both childish.... Then be fast and get a Attorney before she does and plat stupid games. What you have is a Simple USA Divorce procedure.

Again, so sorry.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

My advice would be for YOU to file the divorce petition. This would give you some measure of control in the upcoming custody fight. In California, you and your spouse will be required to attend mediation, hopefully to work out custody details fairly. If no custody agreement is reached, it will be left up to the judge to decide. Don't want that. Recommend you immediately draw up an MSA(Marriage Settlement Agreement) giving you primary custody of your child with fair visitation rights for your spouse. Present it in mediation and try to get the mediator on your side, so that your spouse will agree to it. Worked for me in my divorce.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'll say this - the info you're gathering could be used in a fraud case with USCIS - but you must collect all and show it to a FDNS officer at the local USCIS office. Get in via infopass ( https://infopass.uscis.gov) , ask for the FDNS officer, and be prepared with a file full of stuff, a written narrative as well, referencing the evidence that you have (ie - moving money to secret account, see attachment 19) ..

It's up to you whether you want to pursue that angle, or no.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

She is totally doing things the sneaky way and she clearly has a plan! Keep saving all this information its going to be useful at some point. It's a divorce yes but secretly transferring money online...looking for a new guy while still married. Not ok.

Sorry this is happening to you and consult an attorney and I would suggest to start moving things as soon as possible specially because the kid you two have in common.

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

My Filipino wife has been in US for 3.5 years. She came on a fiance visa, we married, hadand had a child. Last month she secretly opened a new acct on filipinocupid.com. I know this from her browsing history and my own sleuthing. She met a guy online, four days later he sent her a ticket to new orleans (we live in CA). 13 days later she left on a four day trip which spanned the Thanksgiving holidays. She left our son in my good care. At the time she said she was taking some time with a girlfriend to consider our future relationship. Upon her return she said she wanted a divorce. She also said that she wanted physical custody of our child and that she might soon need to quit her newly acquired $90k/yr. nursing job in order to advance her career. I asked where she might need to work and mississippi and new orleans made the list ( the guy she met there lives in MS). Of course she can't easily move out of state, but that she is thinking about it is disturbing. Also disturbing is that leaving here would pull him away from both my parents and their spouces, all of whom consider him their only grandchild. She really is thinking only of herself and not of our son's best interest.

My goal is to get a divorce, hopefully with physical custody, if not also supervised visitation based on a fear she might flee.

Should I also pursue fraud charges on the marriage? She has her green card and we've filed paperwork on the lifting of restrictions (i-751). Her next interview is Jan 9. I want as much leverage as possible for the custody battle.

I'm not so worried about the guy in Mississippi as theyve since stopped talking. But she's online internet dating and seems very interested in finding a new guy. She still has no idea that I know everything she's doing. She thinks she's being clever but every day I'm gathering new evidence to support my custody case. She has also recently been moving money into a sectret paypal account. I'll do anything to protect my son

And would have done anything to save our marriage, but she has no interest. I never cheated on her. Times have been financially tight, but compared to where she was before she came here she can have no complaints. And with me starting a new job, coupled with her new job (which took us both much work to acquire) we would have no more financial problems.

Not sure that someone would wait that long if it was fraud, but the proximity of the ROC might have to do with it.

In any case, you need to decide for yourself what you want to do it anything.

You could file for divorce and provide that info forwarded towards the 751 case.

It is her petition. With all the evidence you might be able to prove it; but an alternate direction is to bring it up front with her while still filing for divirce. File first, that gets you a level of control over the situation. And then make the fight for your child.

A separation agreement is not a bad idea having it ready the minute to confront her; otherwise you are also liable for any debts she might get.

Good luck in all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sorry to hear you are going through this. It seems unlikely that USCIS would act on fraud in this particular case but Darnell has told you how to do it if you choose to pursue that. Good luck with the custody battle.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

Better gather a lot of proofs tho that she's been doing that like the bording passes or tickets.. that'll be useful.

goodluck on your custody battle .. I'm sorry

K1 FIANCEE VISA

06-28-2014 sent 129f

07-03-2014 NOA1 LETTER

08-06-2014 text message RFE

08-11-2014 RFE LETTER(letter of intent to marry)

08-21-2014 TSC received RFE response (changed status to rfe response review)

09-05-2014 NOA2 ..

09-11-2014 NOA2 LETTER ( approval)

09-12-2014 USCIS updated they shipped our 129f to NVC,

09-22-2014 MNL## from NVC thru phone

09-25-2014 129F ( IN TRANSIT )

09-28-2014 NVC LETTER

09-29-2014 CEAC status to "READY"

10-17-2014 MEDDICAL

11-04-2014 INTERVIEW (approved)

11-14-2014 VISA

12-06-1024 POE JFK

AOS,EAD,AP

-02/28/2015 sent AOS,EAD,AP via USPS

-02/02/2015 Chicago,IL (delivered)

-03/10/2015 Receive text messages for receipt. (aos,ead,ap)

-03/16/2015 Receipt letter received from the mail. notice date was 03/10

-03/25/2015 rfe text

-03/20/2015 Received biometric letter from the mail

-04/02/2015 Biometric

-04/03/2015 rfe received from the mail

-04/10/2015 rfe mailed

-04/13/2015 rfe delivered

-04/05/2015 Rfe response review update on USCIS website said I will receive decision till June 14,2015

-05/19/2015 EAD "card was ordered to produce"

-05/19/2015 AP "case was approved"

-05/26/2015 "approval letter for AP and EAD received in the mail

Timeline

My Filipino wife has been in US for 3.5 years. She came on a fiance visa, we married, hadand had a child. Last month she secretly opened a new acct on filipinocupid.com.

There is nothing pertaining to immigration law here. Long past.

This is garden variety marriage break-up/infidelity. There are quite a few discussion sites on marriage and the most popular pages have to do with cheating and divorce. They have more specialized knowledge on the intricacies of child custody battles. That seems to be your major concern.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In California the court will order her NOT to move your child more than 50 miles away from you.

And the sooner you file for divorce the sooner that this is immediately enforceable. Even if you don't have primary custody, it will be really challenging for her to move away without handing you the primary custody and her getting visitation.

Legally, she can't take the child now, but having a court order in place will help you get police assistance should she try it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

If i were u go to ur local immigration office and do a infopass on the website and cancel the AOS. Don't feel sorry for her or any regret. On the end you still lose no matter what. if the AOS has been cancelled she will return to the Philippines as far as i know.

Edited by GaRaS

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Filed: Timeline

You have something on your side. Her desire to leave you. You can keep pressing that in your upcoming process and say I want X & Y if I get that I will give you divorce right now.

if you don't we will go on long road where Lawyer will make more $ then we both can... Hopefully it works out in your side.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review.~~~

***Thread back open, posts that did not answer the OP's questions and were derailing in nature have been removed along with posts that quoted, responded to, or referenced that content. Either post constructively when answering the OP's questions or do not post. Thread bans will follow for any more non constructive posts.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

The most important thing besides gathering evidence of your wife's duplicity is finding the right lawyer. If you habitually visit this site you will see how much damage an incompetent attorney can do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.