NewBeginnings1

Married on K1 a year ago_Marriage is failing (Merged with updated questions)

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Months ago, I found out there were other women he saw in Jamaican while he was supposed to be faithful to me. I get it the LDR part of it is accepting a man will be a man, but what I didn't know wouldn't hurt me. So know knowing, makes me question his courting and intentions for me.

I think the other people have given you good advice regarding filing for a no fault divorce, but if you are worried about his underhandedness, I wouldn't hesitate to get a lawyer.

That being said, I find your above quoted statement concerning. If that is the attitude you had, then one should not be upset to find out that one's partner took full advantage of this. Cheating is not a man being a man, but rather a player/cheater being a player/cheater. Even from a health perspective it is concerning that he had unprotected sex with someone else and didn't tell you and probably didn't get tested and then proceeded to have unprotected sex with you. You are lucky that you'd didn't catch something worse than a PITA from this man.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

You need to talk to a divorce lawyer, as soon as possible, and file for divorce. If you think you can't afford one, call your county government office and ask to be referred to Legal Aid. You need to get out of that marriage and divorce that guy.

Your children will be just fine, in fact, probably better and happier if you get them out of a situation where you're always fighting with their father. My deep sympathies to you.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm very sorry for what you are going through... And thank you so much for all the advice you gave to us in your posts.

Please don't ever think whether he loved you or not. I always believe if there isn't trust and honesty, love doesn't mean anything. He might have loved you, but he lied to you... And I can't think of a reason why someone would want to intentionaly make the person he/she loves upset and ruin their life.

You don't have to endure anything. If you are unhappy, divorce! Children raised in homes where there are arguments all the time are more effected than living with a single but happy mother and not having a father nearby. I have seen a lot of examples for this.

K1 Journey: AOS Journey:

March 25, 2014: I-129f sent. April 16, 2015: Date filed.

April 1, 2014: NOA1 received & check cashed. April 22, 2015: NOA received.
April 2, 2014: Alien Registration Number changed.
Sep 16, 2014: NOA2 - Petition approved!
Sep 23, 2014: Case shipped to NVC.

Oct 01, 2014: Case arrived at NVC.

Oct 03, 2014: Got our case number!

Oct 06, 2014: Left NVC.

Oct 17, 2014: At the Embassy.

Oct 22, 2014: Packet 3 received.

Nov 03, 2014: Packet 3 sent.

Nov 11, 2014: Medical examination.

Dec 2, 2014: Packet 4 received.

Dec 8, 2014: Interview! (Approved!!!)

Dec 10, 2014: Visa received!!!

Jan 22, 2015: US Entry!

Feb 22, 2015: Happily ever after! :-)

April 16, 2015: Filed Adjustment of STatus.

April 22, 2015: AOS NOA received.

May 14, 2015: Biometrics appointment.

October 09, 2015: AOS approved!

September 05, 2017: Lifting conditions filed.

I think the other people have given you good advice regarding filing for a no fault divorce, but if you are worried about his underhandedness, I wouldn't hesitate to get a lawyer.

That being said, I find your above quoted statement concerning. If that is the attitude you had, then one should not be upset to find out that one's partner took full advantage of this. Cheating is not a man being a man, but rather a player/cheater being a player/cheater. Even from a health perspective it is concerning that he had unprotected sex with someone else and didn't tell you and probably didn't get tested and then proceeded to have unprotected sex with you. You are lucky that you'd didn't catch something worse than a PITA from this man.

I found this alarming too, and also want to point out that "a man being a man" doesn't mean being unfaithful. and it's certainly not something that should be expected in a long distance relationship! :(

I also agree that divorcing seems like the best option; it also seems like that is where you're leaning. If he stays here in the USA, then he can file his ROC alone. That's not up to you to do. All that said, what a jerk. :(

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

I am very sorry that you are going through this especially after just having children! I think everyone can be empathetic to this because although we all love our fiances/husbands this is clearly a risk we take. There are separate lives being lived and you would hope honesty would be at the forefront of any relationship but that is not always the case. Good Luck to you, I am a product of a marriage that remained together for 30+ years for the children and already have a divorce. I could never do what my mom did, she was always unhappy and so were we! Not to make this about me but the best thing you can do for your kids is just that Move on! Good Luck to you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What a disgrace of a man, sorry that you are going through this :(

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

So sorry to hear what you are going through. It is tough enough having young kids and being the bread winner. Sounds to me like he is a coward and a liar and now that you know that, you have major decisions to make. Take a deep breath and think about you and your children, I know it sucks right now but this too shall pass, so keep your head up and focus on what is important to you in your life, best of luck during this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would seek a advise from an attorney. You have children you need to worry about, not about him and his immigration issues. It doesn't sound like he was very honest from the beginning. It is common it happened to me. Not exactly the same thing but close enough. So sorry because I do know how it feels.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I need a Like button! :thumbs:

You already have one, the little green arrow bottom right.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just wonder what a scumbag like him can add/teach to your children. The absence of this man with his moral compass broken won't make any difference in your children lives ,imagine what he will teach your children.

Edited by sandranj

I don't have a suggestion or an answer, Just wanted to say I am truly sorry he wasn't the many you thought he was, But I guess we will all learn who we really marry at the end of the day. :( Once again, Truly sorry dear, Sending good thoughts to you from North Wales.

Edited by Hiroshi 宏

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Exactly right. I agree with this post.

You set the bar way too low with the " man being a man" and "what I don't know won't hurt me" and he sensed that attitude in you and ran with it.

Raise your expectations so there is no doubt what you will not tolerate ever. Keep your eyes wide open to red flag behavior and don't be in denial.

Reasons of suspiscious behavior should not be explained away in a LDR.

He didn't want to put all his eggs into one basket and perhaps thought he may as well try another woman in another country and whatever woman

came through first he will hang with for a minute.

If he likes Jamaican women so much because of their "servitude" then he needs to go play king back in Kingston ! The nerve !

I really feel for you and omg twins ! So much work and energy you have to put into the little ones plus the other two children and he wants

time for himself and travels every month to Canada ? WTH ? What a loser and liar.

As was said before he can ROC without you and while I find it commendable of you to want the father of the twins around for their sake, you must also

think about child support and the financial aspect of it all. He needs to pay and stop making babies and take care of the ones he has.

I would definitely get a lawyer involved for the child support. You have only been married for a year so there should be no alimony issue.

The whole Facebook thing is disgusting and he seems to have a screw lose besides his zipper down.

Just unbelievable behavior from him. Please don't generalize in regards to all Jamaican men. It is not the country, it is the individual and he

is an idiot.

Best wishes for you and your children. I know it is very hard to raise them alone now, find yourself a good support system, you won't

have peace with this clown hanging around (F)

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.