tm81663

The Wait is Killing Us...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Its been 40 days since NVC received our IV Package. I know we're not at the 60 business day standard statement that NVC tells us ever week we call, but regardless, 60 days business days for each document (2.5 months) has been a tough wait. I know a lot of you are in the same boat, but I just needed to vent a bit. Been trying to be as patient as possible, trying to distract myself as much as possible from not being with my wife.

Best of luck to everyone on this forum going through the process. The support and advice I've gotten from here has been great, and I'm glad I could be part of this community.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

the email from NVC said 60 days not 60 business days so lets hope its a little bit shorter, and keep praying not to get a checklist. best of luck and hang on

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

As u know everyone of us is in same boat...all i can say is patience is the key.

And have faith on god and prayers. My best wishes to you.

Cheer up and have faith one day everything is going to be fine

I just happen to call NVC since on the 24th it will be 30 days. Same old answer 60 days before review. And if you get a checklist additional 60 days that is unbelieveable. I thought as US citizen we were priority. Guess not! I wish govn't would pay close attention to these timeframe issues. Pray our attorney did all paper work correctly. I'm expecting and really want my husband here. Almost 9 months since I-130! Help us Lord! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Same here. Our 5-year anniversary is in 10 days, it looks like we're going to spend it apart. And we're in the middle of an international adoption which we started in March 2013 - and we're coming up to a deadline 11/2, which will cause us to suffer a very significant setback if we can't file paperwork by then (and the paperwork requires us to both be residents in the place where we are adopting, namely the US). I really feel like my life has been arbitrarily put on hold. And I'm quickly running out of savings. *SIGH*...

Hang in there. I know it's no consolation, but you're not the only one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Totally understand. We are just about to send in our paperwork for the AOS and IV. I miss my wife and 9 month old son, but the process is the process. i am lucky in that they are only a 6 hour drive from me, but I still only get there once a month or so.

Good Luck to all, and the waiting will be worth it.

Hi everybody good day to all, i feel your pain this process puts a strain on your marriage plus this 60 days to review the documents is insane but just hang in there cuz in the end it will be worth your wait that's what i keep telling myself so everyone good luck with your journey

Hi everybody good day to all, i feel your pain this process puts a strain on your marriage plus this 60 days to review the documents is insane but just hang in there cuz in the end it will be worth your wait that's what i keep telling myself so everyone good luck with your journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its been 40 days since NVC received our IV Package. I know we're not at the 60 business day standard statement that NVC tells us ever week we call, but regardless, 60 days business days for each document (2.5 months) has been a tough wait. I know a lot of you are in the same boat, but I just needed to vent a bit. Been trying to be as patient as possible, trying to distract myself as much as possible from not being with my wife.

Best of luck to everyone on this forum going through the process. The support and advice I've gotten from here has been great, and I'm glad I could be part of this community.

I always encourage everybody to write a very polite letter to their congressman/woman. Most all of this checking could be done by a post office worker. Considering the amount of downturn in USPS work and the increase in immigration why not send most of this to your local post office. Today the USPS does the bulk of the work for a passport and from what I can see 90% of the immigration work is making sure you have your documents in correct order and most likely entering a few things into a computer. There are many ways this situation could be accelerated, however congress really is not looking here. We are ALL in the same position ALL of us and as individuals we are a small voice, but together we are a large noise. Many of live for Skype and email and that is not family oriented as most of our congress claims to be so lets help them get motivated. Lets get on their radar and part of the upcoming immigration reform is to speed this process once and for all. While it might not help US who are here today, think of those that follow us in months and years to come.

God bless everybody and I wish all of you to be with your loved ones as soon as possible.

I always encourage everybody to write a very polite letter to their congressman/woman. Most all of this checking could be done by a post office worker. Considering the amount of downturn in USPS work and the increase in immigration why not send most of this to your local post office. Today the USPS does the bulk of the work for a passport and from what I can see 90% of the immigration work is making sure you have your documents in correct order and most likely entering a few things into a computer. There are many ways this situation could be accelerated, however congress really is not looking here. We are ALL in the same position ALL of us and as individuals we are a small voice, but together we are a large noise. Many of live for Skype and email and that is not family oriented as most of our congress claims to be so lets help them get motivated. Lets get on their radar and part of the upcoming immigration reform is to speed this process once and for all. While it might not help US who are here today, think of those that follow us in months and years to come.

God bless everybody and I wish all of you to be with your loved ones as soon as possible.

Timeline

Our AOS checklist was approved on the 56th day after being scanned in, the IV packet on the 50th day. You are almost there! Maybe give it another 7-10 days.

Timeline

the email from NVC said 60 days not 60 business days so lets hope its a little bit shorter, and keep praying not to get a checklist. best of luck and hang on

I am sorry but it is 60 business days.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

rickeiz.,.,.,.IT WOULD be nice if you filled in your timeline, so other members can see ""what you are talking about!!!!!"""

As for NVC.,.,.,.,I would like to know what happened to the days like early 2013, and NVC received out case one day, the same day I called and was given our number, and said it would leave on the next day! Just view my timeline.,.,.it happened.,., so can anyone tell me what has changed so much.,.,.,.from 1-2 days in Jan. 2013, to at least 60 business days? I would just like to know why, people are being tortured like this.,.,.,.,.

As in early 2013.,.,.,it was 1-2 days????!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.