cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm pretty sure I've seen in the past that they won't act on an inquiry until you've gone 30 days past the normal processing time. Worth trying though.

Either way, it'd be shocking if everyone wasn't done soon.

I-129F Sent: 9-19-2014

I-129F Received: 9-23-2014

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

ARN Change Notification: 9-29-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

Case sent to NVC - 5-11-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Medical/Immunizations - 6-3-2015

Interview Approved - 8-5-2015

POI: IAD 8-28-2015

SSN: 10-19-2015

Wedding: 10-24-2015

What did you do for then to process it ? Could you let me know in advance if the same thing happen to me? Thanks

We filed the said service request, but it is not like they will drop everything and look at my case. Wishful thinking.

I don't quite understand what you're asking but sadly, your application is not yet "outside normal processing time" due to today's update to Sep 18th. Just hang in there, you're going to get your approval anytime soon.

Spoiler

AOS:

5/5/16 - AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) sent

5/9/16 - USCIS received

5/16/16 - NOA x3

6/8/16 - Biometrics appointment

6/22/16 - RFIE issued

6/27/16 - RFIE received

7/14/16 - RFIE response sent back

7/26/16 - "Soft update" on I-765 and I-131 (case received, prior to that case numbers were invalid ), RFIE response received (change of case status)
8/8/16 - Service Request for I-765 submitted, not assigned

8/13/16 - I-765 and I-131 approved!

8/22/16 - Combo card received

9/26/16 - I-485 approved

10/5/16 - Green Card received

ROC:
7/6/18 - ROC packet sent
7/9/18 -  Arrival at Vermont Service Center

7/11/18 - Check cashed, NOA issued
7/16/18 - NOA 18 month extension letter received
8/15/18 - Biometrics Appointment
8/22/19 - I-751 Approved (no RFE, no interview, no transfer)

8/28/19 - Green Card received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Either way, it'd be shocking if everyone wasn't done soon.

I hope you're right! That's what I'm thinking. The optimist and pessimist have left the building; I've found the strength to be a realist.

Today, anyway.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Filed: Timeline

All I can say is that the 3 cases from late August that were still "received" last week, no longer are (not sure if approved or rfe).

I put in service request a few days ago online. Spoke to tier 2 officer today, but as usual they have been apologetic but unhelpful (except to say that they see service request and someone should reply some day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm so beyond frustrated. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna call and send an inquiry everyday. I don't care if I become THAT person. Enough is enough.

You're not THAT person. TSC is THAT agency. Seriously, in what universe is it remotely acceptable to split families apart for entirely unreasonable lengths of time with no updates, no information, and refer them to statistics which are completely meaningless because the published processing information is updated today and refers to a time weeks and weeks in the past. Especially given that they do not process in order. September filers should not be waiting. October and November filers should not be waiting. Maybe, just maybe it would be almost OK for the last part of December to be sitting with adjudicators, but hey, I'm just preaching to the converted here. 8 months to get someone to look at a piece of paper. Just wait until you all get a copy of your approved petition from your embassy. I couldn't stop staring at ours. A bar code sticker, a stamp that says approved and a few numbers filled in pen by NVC (so even that didn't happen at the service center).

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You're not THAT person. TSC is THAT agency. Seriously, in what universe is it remotely acceptable to split families apart for entirely unreasonable lengths of time with no updates, no information, and refer them to statistics which are completely meaningless because the published processing information is updated today and refers to a time weeks and weeks in the past. Especially given that they do not process in order. September filers should not be waiting. October and November filers should not be waiting. Maybe, just maybe it would be almost OK for the last part of December to be sitting with adjudicators, but hey, I'm just preaching to the converted here. 8 months to get someone to look at a piece of paper. Just wait until you all get a copy of your approved petition from your embassy. I couldn't stop staring at ours. A bar code sticker, a stamp that says approved and a few numbers filled in pen by NVC (so even that didn't happen at the service center).

Thank you so much! I go back and forth between feeling like it's not the fault of the people we talk to on the phone, and being mad to the entire world. I'm not upset that it takes 2 months for some people to get approved, I am upset it takes 8 months for us to get someone to LOOK at our file. Rich snapped the other day saying it was garbage we were "living a single life" when we're trying to get bond for life. We're being kept apart because people can't do their job properly. I get there is differences between files, but COME ON! finish all September before moving on to another month! I know my words can be hurtful, and I'm sorry if they come across as insensitive, but I'm in a high point of frustration. All the cases I've been following were approved in April, the last one being May 1st. The fact that NOBODY can tell us anything is just awful. As the beneficiary, my life is a mess. Work is about to let me go because I can't tell them when I'll leave and I can't blame them, I don't know what to tell to people around me, I don't know what to do with my bank accounts/insurances/paperworks etc.

I feel like I'm being totally deprived of moving on with my life, and it's just awful.

I said that before, I feel like getting our NOA2 will make me happier than getting my visa.

I'm sorry for the whole whiny post, this process is seriously taking the best out of me, and I don't know how to deal with it anymore. That being said, I'm always pleased to see my fellow people getting approved, and I hope we will all on to the next step very soon <3

Edited by Mewbear

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

Oh mewbear... I am so so sorry... I feel so horrible for you :(

Once again, I don't think that was actually a tier 2 you spoke to, but a tier 1 being given the authority to pretend to be so. That is an incredibly odd statement they gave you. Have you tried a senator or congressperson's office yet? I've heard that Reid's office gets results sometimes.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much! I go back and forth between feeling like it's not the fault of the people we talk to on the phone, and being mad to the entire world. I'm not upset that it takes 2 months for some people to get approved, I am upset it takes 8 months for us to get someone to LOOK at our file. Rich snapped the other day saying it was garbage we were "living a single life" when we're trying to get bond for life. We're being kept apart because people can't do their job properly. I get there is differences between files, but COME ON! finish all September before moving on to another month! I know my words can be hurtful, and I'm sorry if they come across as insensitive, but I'm in a high point of frustration. All the cases I've been following were approved in April, the last one being May 1st. The fact that NOBODY can tell us anything is just awful. As the beneficiary, my life is a mess. Work is about to let me go because I can't tell them when I'll leave and I can't blame them, I don't know what to tell to people around me, I don't know what to do with my bank accounts/insurances/paperworks etc.

I feel like I'm being totally deprived of moving on with my life, and it's just awful.

I said that before, I feel like getting our NOA2 will make me happier than getting my visa.

I'm sorry for the whole whiny post, this process is seriously taking the best out of me, and I don't know how to deal with it anymore. That being said, I'm always pleased to see my fellow people getting approved, and I hope we will all on to the next step very soon <3

Thinking of you!!

Can you actually get let go from your job for that reason? My boss wants to meet this week regarding my pending departure, too. I feel like it's not a good reason for dismissal, though.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Timeline

Oh mewbear... I am so so sorry... I feel so horrible for you :(

Once again, I don't think that was actually a tier 2 you spoke to, but a tier 1 being given the authority to pretend to be so. That is an incredibly odd statement they gave you. Have you tried a senator or congressperson's office yet? I've heard that Reid's office gets results sometimes.

Thank you so much for the support.. I don't know really if it was a tier 2.. afterall they changed their story in 20mins so it wouldn't surprise me they kept on lying. We haven't tried the congressman office yet, just because we kept on thinking our approvals were days away..

Rich is leaving with the military for a bit, and I don't know what to do anymore. I wish I could have some good news to give him when he comes back. It's really hard to stay optimistic with our wedding date being 4 months away :(

Mewbear: I can TOTALLY relate and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll be crossing my fingers for your approval this week!

Tier 2 said that our case is going into "immediate review" and to allow 2 weeks for the hardcopy of approval/RFE to get to our house.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Timeline

Thinking of you!!

Can you actually get let go from your job for that reason? My boss wants to meet this week regarding my pending departure, too. I feel like it's not a good reason for dismissal, though.

Thank you dear, thinking of you as well! I hope you'll get good news soon!

I work with kids and they can't have people leaving mid-contract. They'd rather fire me when they have replacement, rather than wait for me to leave and have to find replacement at the last minute.. If that make any sense. I don't know if it's very legal, but they know I'm in a hurry to leave, and I won't bother to sue or fight for my rights. I feel stuck in every way.

Edited by Mewbear

You guys told your work? How long before would you have to put in your notice?

I never even applied for mine until after I was back in my country and realized how seriously long this might take. My job is all thats keeping me sane and healthy right now.

I am not planning on quitting until I have my visa in hand. Noone outside my family and closest friends knows I am even engaged, or that my partner is in a different country. It makes me feel like lying, but they are not allowed to ask and I have no obligation to tell them.

I have seen people talk about this issue before so I was wondering.

Hopefully it will turn out alright for you guys! Also, I hope none of us are stuck at TSC much longer... fingers crossed!

Edit: I just saw your post Mewbear! I also work with kids so I would def prefer to leave before the new school year starts so I dont run off on them after a few weeks. I totally get how you feel, I am sure a lot of us do.

Edited by Mena28

Timeline

Mewbear: I can TOTALLY relate and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll be crossing my fingers for your approval this week!

Tier 2 said that our case is going into "immediate review" and to allow 2 weeks for the hardcopy of approval/RFE to get to our house.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I genuinely hope we will all get out of that mess soon.. I'll never have good memories of that whole process though, which is sad.

Thinking of you girl xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.