Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey all,

I need advice! My i-130 was approved in March 12 2014. By the time we got our case number from NVC, paid the fees and what not came June and we submitted supporting docs Long with AOS. We hired a lawyer. The lawyer screwed us over and we got checklisted in Aug for AOS. Then we resent the AOS with corrections. Our scan date was Auf 27. On Oct 23 i got checklist again! The lawyers paralegal left part 6 item 10 blank!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo furious! I called NVC and so did my hubby, the rep told us it was a silly mistake and while correcting previous checklist item 13 a mistake was made. She asked us if we wanted to take the lawyer off the case bc of the mistake; she was shocked. Anyways, since Oct 23 my husband and I are trying to fix things and the lawyer is not cooperating. He is refusing to meet up with my hubby in NY to talk and look over the AOS. He has been ignoring all phone calls and emails. What should we do? Take him off the case and get another lawyer or just submit the corrected AOS ourselves????? My IV documents were approved the last time in Aug, my hubby AOS was approved last week, only my joint sponsor (MIL) corrected AOS needs to be mailed. I am sooo stressed right now and my poor hubby is struggling too

Please someone help me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks a bunch DWarrell - Just out of curiosity, are you planning to wait till after you submit your DS-260 to send your AOS and IV packet? I'm hoping to send ours before that. Hopefully we don't get penalized for that.

~ Sofi

Yes, we are planning on waiting until after we submit the DS-260 to send in our forms, both because that's the way they say to do it in the letter and I'm a stickler for following rules :), and also because my wife (petitioner) only recently submitted her US tax returns for the last few years, so we're still waiting on the IRS to process them and post transcripts.

If you decide to send both packets before you submit the DS-260, be sure to keep us all updated on how your case progresses - with this new NVC process I'm sure everyone will be interested to find out how it works now, and whether there are any shortcuts to be taken!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, we are planning on waiting until after we submit the DS-260 to send in our forms, both because that's the way they say to do it in the letter and I'm a stickler for following rules :), and also because my wife (petitioner) only recently submitted her US tax returns for the last few years, so we're still waiting on the IRS to process them and post transcripts.

If you decide to send both packets before you submit the DS-260, be sure to keep us all updated on how your case progresses - with this new NVC process I'm sure everyone will be interested to find out how it works now, and whether there are any shortcuts to be taken!

I'm pretty hesitant as well as to whether or not to send in both packages. my hubby and I havnt been the luckiest of persons since we've started this whole process and while I would love to send in both packages together, I would hate for them to lose or misplace one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm pretty hesitant as well as to whether or not to send in both packages. my hubby and I havnt been the luckiest of persons since we've started this whole process and while I would love to send in both packages together, I would hate for them to lose or misplace one.

as per new process (on the NVC website) you are required to send both packages together.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So our AOS package now includes:

barcode sheet

I-864ez

1040ez and W2

letter of employment

pay subs

IS IT OK? CAN WE NOW MAIL IT OUT?

Please double check the form for common mistakes like leaving the cells blank, please write n/a for it. Also calculating the number of people in the household. Also the 2013 income line, please make sure to use adjusted gross income.

All the other documents seem fit. :yes:

Had they roll into Sept 2nd scan dates yet? anyone with cc today with aos and Iv scan dates on Sept?

around am today someone with a scan date of sept 2 for the AOS and had just received approval. So i think it's pretty close.

just got of the Phone with the NVC looks like its still under document review is what they told me my scan date was 15 sep 2014.......any day now.

This morning close to noon someone got approval with a scan date of 9.2.14 for the AOS i have a scan date of 9.3.14 and have not received approval. but, i think the time is getting closed. I also called yesterday and said they may review the AOS & IV together. Depends and on the agent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

around am today someone with a scan date of sept 2 for the AOS and had just received approval. So i think it's pretty close.

Awesome! It had taken them forever to get through August and start Sept. I hope they speed up through Sept ? I still got a month to go.. Scan date 10/3 for AOS checklist

Filed: Timeline

Awesome! It had taken them forever to get through August and start Sept. I hope they speed up through Sept ? I still got a month to go.. Scan date 10/3 for AOS checklist

Heck if I get a checklist I don't know what I will do. We expedited ours but the consulate in manila wanted a document review before hand. so we get a jump inline for the interview but still have to wait for the NVC. I think mainly because the NVC already had the documents when I found out I was deploying. And we all know how the NVC is they probably didn't want to go through all the packets to find mine :)lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Heck if I get a checklist I don't know what I will do. We expedited ours but the consulate in manila wanted a document review before hand. so we get a jump inline for the interview but still have to wait for the NVC. I think mainly because the NVC already had the documents when I found out I was deploying. And we all know how the NVC is they probably didn't want to go through all the packets to find mine :)lol

I hope you don't get one!! It's horrible, I cry for like two days ? small mistake can cause two months wait at NVC. And I was just very upset also cause I end up paying 3000 to an attorney who messed up either way. I been at nvc since May, this process had taken way longer than my I130 did ( approved in 77 days ) my original scan date for Aos and IV was 8/8 and got a check list on 9/30 so now I'm just waiting and praying everything is correct this time around..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.