diane79

worried and depressed (going to waterloo wi)

70 posts in this topic

Madison is not a boring place to be. It might be a great advantage to arrive in the morning and leave late afternoon. Taka a class or two. You can

even audit some for no credit so there is no pressure. Maybe even a part time job. Hang out at the library or student union. Plus there are 42,000

students there from around the world. Write now for a catalog at the University of Wisconsin.

Take some driving lessons and you can get all the information you need for many other things because you are in the state capital.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I really hate to be the mean one here but that is truly not my intention so i hope it wont come across like that. People on this site would go through hell and back a million times to be with each other and some do. I don't think any of them are concerned with small stuff like not being independent and not living in a small or big city and so on. Everyone on this site gives up their entire life, family and friend, pack their belongings into two suite cases and move to be with their love for ever so since you do not have these fillings that is something serious to think about.

I do wish you all the best and the strength to figure it all out.

I really like how you say it..... After reading so many stories in this forum about so many couples fighting to be together it's so shocking seeing a k-1 seeing so much negativity. When that's the moment when everybody is head over wheels waiting to be with their loved ones no matter what being together is what should make you happy

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thank you all guys... As someone said, i still have time to think things better until december. Maybe during this time i can decide what to do, or find a way to keep myself busy there. As i said, i would work as illegal in the farms, i dont mind doing that, even if my fiance doesnt like the idea.

I feel better now, i dont feel like choking myself as a while before.

Im glad i found in u nice ppl willing to help.

:)

I would be careful working when you aren't supposed to because you are put under oath when you go for AOS and they can and possibly will ask you if you've worked.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Madison is not a boring place to be. It might be a great advantage to arrive in the morning and leave late afternoon. Taka a class or two. You can

even audit some for no credit so there is no pressure. Maybe even a part time job. Hang out at the library or student union. Plus there are 42,000

students there from around the world. Write now for a catalog at the University of Wisconsin.

Take some driving lessons and you can get all the information you need for many other things because you are in the state capital.

Some good ideas. You could go to a community college and learn a trade.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would be careful working when you aren't supposed to because you are put under oath when you go for AOS and they can and possibly will ask you if you've worked.

Uhh... Sorry to get my sassy pants on, but working ILLEGALLY goes far being the constraints of immigration. Firstly, it's illegal. Breaking the law. It's not a case of being "careful" - which sounds like condoning the act. It's a case of not even going there. You've got big enough fish to fry of you're even considering it in a moment of desperation, such as OP has done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you should think long and hard about this.,,..,it does not sound good, try to get out and find other things to do, find hobbies, and or join an exercise group.,.,.,.do something.,.,other than staying in that house.,.,.you cannot live your life there!

Think long and hard!

Is he willing to talk about it!

Why not just get marry in Argentina? Then file for spouse visa, will wait longer but at least you'll be working while waiting and won't be sitting at home all day.

Then again, if you have doubt it's best not to proceed further, don't really want you to quit your job and your fiancé spend money on the visa and turn out you don't want to be there.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

My dear he is not the one for you,period! You are not "crazy"in love and not ready to be "insanely happy", then find someone willing to live in a BIG city (try NYC,Boston,Chicago,Miami) someone willing to give you a car as soon you get here,hire a maid to do all house work, and problem solved.We are our choices.

Edited by sandranj

well, today im more calm than yesterday.

the "shock" of the situation has passed.

I dont say i am completly new woman today

btw. the cow udder is a saying.. dont take it so literal.

My level of english is good, but i want to take english classes to improve it.

i know i have to change the way i think. i know i am stubborn like a child, and i say "NO" to everything. that im being negative with everything, as if the whole situation was the worst. I know that im denied to all the solutions he gives me, i dont even want him to drive me to madison, just because.... no reason.. just bc i dont want to give up being stubborn...i want everything to be done as i like.. and i know im being irrational.

today im more into the idea of how my life will be the firsts months before beign more independent. theres nothing much to say, its a fact it wont be the same kind of life i have now, and ill have to stay home, and see what i can find to do during this time. i cant say im happy now, but at least i dont see it as the end of the world like yesterday.... i bet in the nexts days ill find a way to spend this time alone and enjoy it. i know me, i am not going to stay doing nothing during this time bc otherwise ill kill myself (again, a saying). and this is not bc of him.. its bc i am this way...

maybe i expected things to be faster, maybe 1 month or 2 as much... and i thought. well, 2 months is not too much, i can deal with that. when i found out they were going to be around 5.. i was shocked.

i dont know if im ready for marriage or not, as much ppl say.. probably im not, im not going to deny it.. i have never had a serious and mature relationship before. but the only thing i can say is that i do want this to work and i want to do my best. I do want to work together in our relationship, and decide together, and thats why i also feel this way, bc right now i feel like hes the only one taking the decisions about everything.. and of course he is, bc he is there, and i am here. we r not still living together. so i cant decide with him were to move now (he just moved) or any other thing concerned to his life that we will share.. he has to think in himself and his daugther now... once im there, i guess we will take the decisions together.

im not all of u.. u r lucky maybe bc u know how to deal with some things in the relationship. and ur dreams r just to be with someone... i have my own dreams, i want to be independant inside or a relationship and i dont see anything wrong with that.we r not twin brothers..

i cant not feel more than envy to all of u that the moving, the relationship and everything was easy just bc u were going to live with the love of your lifes. I love him more than anything. he is the best man i have ever met. i have done things for him that i have never done for anyone else before. and i want to be at his side, and make this relationship work no matter what. learn everyday to be a better person, a good wife and a good mother. i wish i could spent more time with him and learn more every single day. but i cant. if i could, i would live 1 year with him before getting married, unfortunately, i cant. laws dont allow me.

maybe for u it was easier, but for me, marriage it is a big step, and the whole thing is a big change which scares me. i know thats not an excuse, but its a fact.

and i wish i could talk better with him, that he listens to me instead of acting as a drama queen. sometimes it is imposible to talk with him. after a couple of days that we both calm down.. it is hard to argue by email... and i know there r a lot of missunderstandings. i know that if i had him face to face, we would solve the few problems we have easier and without so much drama.

anyway, thanks to all... to those who really tried to give me an advice and say something usefull, and to those who just blame me... both opinions were apreciated.

now im going to my english classes. c ya

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Why? We waited two months after my divorce to file the I-129F, but we could have done it the day after my divorce.

Wisconsin requires a six month waiting period after a divorce before you can remarry. You need to be free to marry when you submit the K-1 petition, and legally he is not free to marry until that 6 month period has gone by. Wisconsin residents have received denials on immigration petitions because of this before.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You're not the only one who feels this way. Don't be hard on yourself, it's ok. What you're feeling is normal. It's a very selfless thing to give up everything you have for someone else. You're totally vulnerable and dependent on someone else. I would have some serious control issues with that too!

What's so difficult about this situation is we don't have the luxury that "normal" couples do. Face-to-face, actual time together. I think everyone who goes through this process has bumps along the way. It's not all rainbows and kittens--we aren't all happy to be sitting at home waiting! It's tough.

It's about weighing pros and cons. Can you put yourself out of your comfort zone for awhile? Do you want to build a new life in a strange place? Take your time and really mull things over, you'll find the answers you need.

This is NOT an easy process, things do get more stressful. It sounds like you really love and care about him. It's a little more than that though. You have to be selfless for an extended amount of time. Rushing into marriage certainly isn't a smart thing, but it's tough in our situation. It's not a black and white decision for everyone. We can't live together to "test the waters" -- we just take a leap of faith and commit ourselves to making it work. If you can do that and not lose yourself in the process, you'll be alright!

Best of luck with whatever you decide. At least you have lots of people here who get what you're feeling :)

well, today im more calm than yesterday.

the "shock" of the situation has passed.

I dont say i am completly new woman today

My level of english is good, but i want to take english classes to improve it.

i know i have to change the way i think. i know i am stubborn like a child, and i say "NO" to everything. that im being negative with everything, as if the whole situation was the worst. I know that im denied to all the solutions he gives me, i dont even want him to drive me to madison, just because.... no reason.. just bc i dont want to give up being stubborn...i want everything to be done as i like.. and i know im being irrational.

today im more into the idea of how my life will be the firsts months before beign more independent. theres nothing much to say, its a fact it wont be the same kind of life i have now, and ill have to stay home, and see what i can find to do during this time. i cant say im happy now, but at least i dont see it as the end of the world like yesterday.... i bet in the nexts days ill find a way to spend this time alone and enjoy it. i know me, i am not going to stay doing nothing during this time bc otherwise ill kill myself (again, a saying). and this is not bc of him.. its bc i am this way...

maybe i expected things to be faster, maybe 1 month or 2 as much... and i thought. well, 2 months is not too much, i can deal with that. when i found out they were going to be around 5.. i was shocked.

i dont know if im ready for marriage or not, as much ppl say.. probably im not, im not going to deny it.. i have never had a serious and mature relationship before. but the only thing i can say is that i do want this to work and i want to do my best. I do want to work together in our relationship, and decide together, and thats why i also feel this way, bc right now i feel like hes the only one taking the decisions about everything.. and of course he is, bc he is there, and i am here. we r not still living together. so i cant decide with him were to move now (he just moved) or any other thing concerned to his life that we will share.. he has to think in himself and his daugther now... once im there, i guess we will take the decisions together.

im not all of u.. u r lucky maybe bc u know how to deal with some things in the relationship. and ur dreams r just to be with someone... i have my own dreams, i want to be independant inside or a relationship and i dont see anything wrong with that.we r not twin brothers..

i cant not feel more than envy to all of u that the moving, the relationship and everything was easy just bc u were going to live with the love of your lifes. I love him more than anything. he is the best man i have ever met. i have done things for him that i have never done for anyone else before. and i want to be at his side, and make this relationship work no matter what. learn everyday to be a better person, a good wife and a good mother. i wish i could spent more time with him and learn more every single day. but i cant. if i could, i would live 1 year with him before getting married, unfortunately, i cant. laws dont allow me.

maybe for u it was easier, but for me, marriage it is a big step, and the whole thing is a big change which scares me. i know thats not an excuse, but its a fact.

and i wish i could talk better with him, that he listens to me instead of acting as a drama queen. sometimes it is imposible to talk with him. after a couple of days that we both calm down.. it is hard to argue by email... and i know there r a lot of missunderstandings. i know that if i had him face to face, we would solve the few problems we have easier and without so much drama.

anyway, thanks to all... to those who really tried to give me an advice and say something usefull, and to those who just blame me... both opinions were apreciated.

now im going to my english classes. c ya

Filed: Other Country: Liechtenstein
Timeline

Pffffff....you dont know nothing about that process. How stressfully has been for me and still is. Im in wisconsin and Im passing reallly hard times here...

Believe me you sound like a child doing child things.

I just will ask you something: do you know why he divorced? ...the 90 days they give to you to married when you arrive try to find the friends and know better the person you will marry.

Seems to me that you dont know him enough to trust him to depend on him for this little period of life that is the visa process.

Believe me it feels like years and its really hard.

There is a lot of "marriages that went wrong" so please be carefully and choose the right guy. If you dont trust on him .....better dont do nothing.

now small stuff:

you can have the drivers license if you apply in the 3 first month. but you has to be quick to have something that shows your address n wisconsin like a electric bill or bank ...I did it.

Cars? pfffff you can find a really cheap one and believe me really really cheap ones .

the working permit: takes a media of 90 days.

so everything you have moan here its ridiculous. ...work without permit? thats just the most "irresposable and selfish thing I ever heard. and if your job in argentina is so good...just keep working, save some money and 3 month living in his place at not cost will give you the peace of mind to expend all your money in a car insurance and inmigration papers. ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I really like how you say it..... After reading so many stories in this forum about so many couples fighting to be together it's so shocking seeing a k-1 seeing so much negativity. When that's the moment when everybody is head over wheels waiting to be with their loved ones no matter what being together is what should make you happy

That is exactly my point :)

I don't think anyone took it literal (gosh I hope not!). However you did use it as a metaphor to express how desperate you are to stay busy, but then you stated everything that you do not want to do which was just a little contradictory. That's all.

Anyways, aside from that. I really do hope that you find peace with whatever you decide to do. It is the unfortunate thing about the K-1--you don't have the luxury of truly getting to know someone's ins and outs by spending a lot of time with them like you would have if you were in a relationship with someone living close to you. That being said, it works out great for many people.

Good luck with this big decision.

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.