staceydinesh

How did you meet your fiance?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi, i Meet my fiancé while I was visiting some friend in the states in nov 2013 we star dating shortly after I came back to Guatemala where I'm from in January 2014 we keep in touch through Skype,Facebook and what's app god bless all the technology we have to make cases like this easier then he visited me in February 8 amazing days he ask me to get merry I said yes without any doubt in April he was here again the best 11 days ever of my life. We did in march k1 visa request now we are waiting to have it approved some one can tell me how long process takes I can't wait has been pass almost 5 months and no noa2 yet. That's my history

Timeline

Hi, i Meet my fiancé while I was visiting some friend in the states in nov 2013 we star dating shortly after I came back to Guatemala where I'm from in January 2014 we keep in touch through Skype,Facebook and what's app god bless all the technology to make this easier then he visited me in February 8 amazing days he ask me to get merry I said yes without any doubt in April he was here again the best 11 days ever We did in march k1 visa request now we waiting to have it approved some one can tell me how long process takes I can't wait has been pass almost 5 months and no noa2 yet. I miss him a lot That's my history

Timeline

Hi, i Meet my fiancé while I was visiting some friend in the states in nov 2013 we star dating shortly after I came back to Guatemala where I'm from in January 2014 we keep in touch through Skype,Facebook and what's app god bless all the technology to make this easier then he visited me in February 8 amazing days he ask me to get merry I said yes without any doubt in April he was here again the best 11 days ever We did in march k1 visa request now we waiting to have it approved some one can tell me how long process takes I can't wait has been pass almost 5 months and no noa2 yet. I miss him a lot That's my history

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i met my wife in 2007 while she was our neighbor in Pakistan. that time she was not in america later in 2009 she got to US and then in 2011 we got engaged while in our culture marriage is decided by the parents and it was arrange marriage.. got married in 2013 so thats it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

We met online, I gave him quite a hard time p since I wasn't looking for anything.

After talking for 9 months and meeting twice, we decided to close the distance. Saying goodbye was extremely hard for us, I couldn't stop crying for days..

My family is against it, like, totally. My mother doesn't even want to know anything about my man (she doesn't know we're engaged) when she saw our picture she forced me to take it of and said she doesn't want to know anything about someone like him. I kept it and she never mentioned anything anymore. I have no doubt in my decision : I want to be with my man. I know I will probably lose my family... but I don't want to regret not doing this..

How is your story?

Keep faith. My husband and I were dating for about 7 months when I told my family about him and they didn't even want to hear about him. Marrying a divorced American with a child from his previous marriage and moving to the US was not the plan my parents had envisioned for me. There were threats of them disowning me, not supporting me, of them wanting me to move out if I continued to date him.

However once they saw I was not changing my mind, and after reluctantly meeting him (that was me telling them he is visiting and you are meeting him whether you like it or not) things changed. They saw his love and respect for me. How much he cares for me and that was it. We got married in the US and had a big awesome reception party in Greece. Now, almost 3 years after first telling my parents about him, my parents love him. Mom cooks for a day all his favorite foods before he arrives to visit and Dad clears his schedule so that he has time to spend with him.

Just wanted to share my story with you, as an example that things can come around. Hope they do for you too.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Im an enthusiastic gamer, and I was playing combat in ancient enviroment in a MMPROG, my fiancé and me met in December 2009 because were part of the same community of players, in fact we were around to each other without paying too much attention just knew briefly about the reputation of the another. One day mi fiancé decided visit the server where I was playing and I was all friendly with him and dragged him all the day with me to check stuff. He was polite enough to go with me to see one or another event without lose the patcience about all my bla bla bla, so he thought that will be cool try a shot there and joined in my combat group. So, we had to be team mates in the same raiders group and had fun playing together (he and me have a high rate in that combat game).

In the beggining we had text chat first and then jumped to voice chat in the game for get a better support when we were playing raids, after a few times to fight together we jumped to skype because the voice service of that game its kinda crappy and gave us lag affecting our performance. As hardcore gamers we became friends in the heat of the battle helping each other to get victories, but after any raid we started to have conversations as friends. With the time my fiancé showed interest over me beyond my gaming skills and asked me start to date in 2010 having a LDR. In the next months our relationship jumped from the pixelgame to RL in a amazing way, knowing each other in detail through long conversations for hours and hours, our longest call in skype last long like 76 hours lol, that include even sleep time and naps, we talked about any topic possible that get our interest, we talk about our family, work, issues, etc (we still doing it btw)... We were discovering that want want be together dealing and learning about each other through the odds that a LDR can have.

My family knew that I was hooked in videogames so wasnt a big deal hear me talk and laugh all the time wearing a headset lol, but when my fiancé asked me have videocalls, were clear to them that something was happening between us. In fact, my family used to walk into my room and say hello to him lol and he went all friendly to them, things went all natural. For his part his family started to hear my name because he talked about me with them all the time since we started to date. We got engaged in 2012 in middle of a conversation and was amazing, for life situations we had to wait to met each other RL but the relationship went growing and stronger through the skype day after day, he knows even how my hair looks waking up and viceversa lolz. In the summer of 2013 he decided come to see me and met my parents, of course we were engaged but he wanted show them respect and ask their blessing and permission to get married, my parents were amazed and happy for this detail from him and of course they gave us the blessing for our future marriage. Met each other was great, nothing was weird at all, in fact, were great talk face to face and no through the screen or headset! We spent an amazing days together and after the visit, we investigate about what kind of visa I will get, we decided to get the K-1 and get married in USA because the the procedure of the spouse visa its a long wait. So here we are in middle of the process to get my K-1 visa.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I met my fiancé through my ex boyfriend. He and I were off/on 3 separate times. My ex had known Matt for over 8 years (they met in an online game and have been playing video games together as part of a faction). I had heard his screen name mentioned in conversation, but didn't know who this "Vizi" was. After the 3rd time I was with my ex (and after he nearly broke up with me during said time-dude was a jerk, I was stupid for dating him-he expected me to be perfect) anyway, he decided to play Minecraft with Matt and invited me into a gaming session. So, my first meeting was of a little pixilated man-thing lol. The three of us continued to play video games for the next few months and eventually played Grand Theft Auto V online and played using headsets so we could all actually talk.

Needless to say, my ex broke up with me again, in December 2013. I had 3 days to move my stuff out of the house (and it turns out he was cheating on me). The day I moved, I messaged Matt on facebook-just to tell him that I had enjoyed playing games with him over the previous 8 months and it was nice to meet him (I have no idea why I decided to do that, because I had met other friend's of my ex and I didn't contact any of them). Regardless, he replied and he kept replying to every message I sent to him. We agreed to have an online GTAV gaming session over mic on my day off that week (I was nervous because I'm shy) and it was a lot of fun. We got along really well. We just kept talking and after about 2 weeks, I came to a conclusion in my head that he needed to be HERE with me. I had no idea what the immigration process consisted of.

Right after Christmas (which I spent nearly the whole day with him on the headset chatting and playing video games) I decided to go get my passport and set up a trip to visit him. We still weren't dating and he kept saying he could sleep on the couch.

Fast forward….we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend on New Years Day. My visit was in the beginning of March. Within minutes of meeting him, I knew he was exactly who he said he was. Adorable, tiny British guy who treats me like a princess and doesn't even try. He's just…himself. And he's fantastic. I went back to visit in May, and I'm going again in 3 weeks. I tried to file for the K1 right after my first trip, but hit a few snags and ended up filing a month later.

I'd be more detailed but I have to go to work…so, that's the gist of my story. :)

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ive played minecraft before

I met my fiancé through my ex boyfriend. He and I were off/on 3 separate times. My ex had known Matt for over 8 years (they met in an online game and have been playing video games together as part of a faction). I had heard his screen name mentioned in conversation, but didn't know who this "Vizi" was. After the 3rd time I was with my ex (and after he nearly broke up with me during said time-dude was a jerk, I was stupid for dating him-he expected me to be perfect) anyway, he decided to play Minecraft with Matt and invited me into a gaming session. So, my first meeting was of a little pixilated man-thing lol. The three of us continued to play video games for the next few months and eventually played Grand Theft Auto V online and played using headsets so we could all actually talk.

Needless to say, my ex broke up with me again, in December 2013. I had 3 days to move my stuff out of the house (and it turns out he was cheating on me). The day I moved, I messaged Matt on facebook-just to tell him that I had enjoyed playing games with him over the previous 8 months and it was nice to meet him (I have no idea why I decided to do that, because I had met other friend's of my ex and I didn't contact any of them). Regardless, he replied and he kept replying to every message I sent to him. We agreed to have an online GTAV gaming session over mic on my day off that week (I was nervous because I'm shy) and it was a lot of fun. We got along really well. We just kept talking and after about 2 weeks, I came to a conclusion in my head that he needed to be HERE with me. I had no idea what the immigration process consisted of.

Right after Christmas (which I spent nearly the whole day with him on the headset chatting and playing video games) I decided to go get my passport and set up a trip to visit him. We still weren't dating and he kept saying he could sleep on the couch.

Fast forward….we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend on New Years Day. My visit was in the beginning of March. Within minutes of meeting him, I knew he was exactly who he said he was. Adorable, tiny British guy who treats me like a princess and doesn't even try. He's just…himself. And he's fantastic. I went back to visit in May, and I'm going again in 3 weeks. I tried to file for the K1 right after my first trip, but hit a few snags and ended up filing a month later.

I'd be more detailed but I have to go to work…so, that's the gist of my story. :)

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I was working in a male strip bar in Shanghai and she came in with a bunch of drunk friends. It was love at first lap dance.

My work visa ran out so I had to go back to the US but she couldn't bear to be without me. She begged me for 6 months to petition for her and finally I wore down.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keep faith. My husband and I were dating for about 7 months when I told my family about him and they didn't even want to hear about him. Marrying a divorced American with a child from his previous marriage and moving to the US was not the plan my parents had envisioned for me. There were threats of them disowning me, not supporting me, of them wanting me to move out if I continued to date him.

However once they saw I was not changing my mind, and after reluctantly meeting him (that was me telling them he is visiting and you are meeting him whether you like it or not) things changed. They saw his love and respect for me. How much he cares for me and that was it. We got married in the US and had a big awesome reception party in Greece. Now, almost 3 years after first telling my parents about him, my parents love him. Mom cooks for a day all his favorite foods before he arrives to visit and Dad clears his schedule so that he has time to spend with him.

Just wanted to share my story with you, as an example that things can come around. Hope they do for you too.

great stories

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

So we are all asking for a k1 visa, because we fell in love. I was just wondering how did you meet the love of your life, and when did you know that you couldn't live without them. Also how long after that did you decide to file for a k1 visa. Have any of you had issues with family members or problems with the cultural differences? Just wondering how many people share some of the same aspects as me. Thanks :rolleyes:

Briefly met first time online in Spring 2006 in a Yahoo chat room. Only said "hi" and "bye". Met again online in November 2006, and talked a little more, then continued chatting over the next 3-4 months. We decided to get married in April 2007. Met in person in January 2008 in the Philippines, and married on that visit. Filed for a K-3 Spousal Visa. She arrived here in May, 2009. Her family is a non-issue since she is not in contact with any of them and wasnt in contact for years before we met. No cultural problems ever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met my fiancee online in August 2013. We instantly clicked and chatted almost everyday thru FB/Skype and the occasional email. After 2 months, I was able to visit her in the Philippines for the very first time. Seeing someone on skype is one thing, but nothing beats seeing someone "for real." We were so happy to see each other and we got along great. Everything just came natural to us, it was like we were best friends for a very long time. In December, I proposed to her and asked her parents for their blessings. We filed our K1 Visa in Feb 2014 and I made another visit in May 2014. We didn't expect the Visa to be approved until around September-October time frame, but the case was approved for interview that same month! Wow! She was able to get her interview in June and she will be here next month! Not too much of a cultural difference, since we are both Filipino. However, since I was born here in the States, I had to learn a few things when I went "home" haha!

Honestly, I still get the occasional weird looks when I tell people how we met, but hey, it's not for everybody. In this day and age, it's seems to be more mainstream than what it was years ago. Thank God for technology! Both our parents approve of us and I think we handled it pretty well. Just blessed to have good families who understand.

That's our story...didn't think I could do a LDR, but all I can say is have patience, be there for your love and soon you will be together too! Good luck guys!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I met my fiancée on Twitter in June of 2012, she sent me a message about a tweet that I had posted and the rest is history. Very very random lol! We met in person 5 months later in Chile and that's when we got engaged, but honestly we had been planning it the whole time we were apart, we just wanted to have a special official engagement in person. We fell in love so fast & knew we were going to get married and spend our lives together... just didn't know how/when/where. After I left Chile we were apart for only 2 weeks & then she came to the US! 2 months after she left I went to study abroad in Chile so we got to spend a year together there (: While I was in Chile we decided to file for a K1 because we have better economic opportunities in the US with school and jobs. I just got back from Chile a month and a half ago... we have 3.5 months before she gets here so this is by far the longest period we will be apart.

We have very little cultural differences between the two of us, having lived in Chile I have a little chilena in me and she has grown up with American culture because Chile is so Americanzied. So we take a little of both cultures and it works for the most part! Her family in Chile loves us so much but hates the idea that we are moving to the US, my family in the US loves that I'll be in the country however hates our relationship for religious reasons. They help us out because they love us as individual people, not us as a couple. They will not be at wedding. Also, our families have met. My parents came down to Chile recently to visit and the two families get along (:

Edited by mckie & vale

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We met online through social media. We didn't talk much at first but one night I was up late and noticed he was online. I sent him a msg asking how he was doing and we talked until 5am. Since that day we talk everyday. He calls me every morning and every night and a lot in between. When I told family and friends I was going to meet him (my first visit) many had very negative things to say and repeated very untrue wives tales. They think I'm crazy and don't understand anything about immigration or the process we must endure to be together. "Why can't u just find an American man?" So I don't say much anymore. When he's here and they meet him...they'll see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I met my wife online. It was really an afterthought.

I had originally used Match, eHarmony, and Chemistry. After sending out 100 nods, winks, or whatever I got back 1 Russian scammer who was banned after a few days and one condescending ***** who said “well, I don’t normally give guys like you a chance (my dark skin I guess), but I’ll give you a chance.” I did not respond back to that.

Long story short: I could never have been so happy to be rejected by so many.

I ended up using a co-worker recommended Chinese site where I eventually met my wife. She had great photos and there was something there that I liked, great smile, fun loving. Later we met in person and I could just gobble her up. I knew I hit the jack pot.

Yesterday we celebrated our 5th anniversary since our first email to each other. Talk about “snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.” I couldn't be happier!

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

April 13, 2011: Married in China.
February 2, 2012: Interview 09:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!
March 2, 2012: POE JFK
March 17, 2012: Received SSN card.
April 5, 2012: 2-yr Green Card in hand

I-751 (ROC)

December 15, 2013: I-751 mailed to USCIS

June 9, 2014: ROC Approved per I-797C received 6-13-2014

June 17, 2014: New 10-yr Green Card in hand!

N-400
March 29, 2017:  N-400 mailed to USCIS
March 31, 2017: N-400 Received by USCIS per I-797C
April 27, 2017:  Biometrics completed
September 23, 2017:  Received I-797C for interview!

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

USCIS case status updated w/same message as email.

November 2, 2017:  Oath ceremony letter received scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017.

November 7, 2017:  Oath Ceremony, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization in hand!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.