Dieseltu

My wife hates everything here.

95 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are you in the city or suburbs? My wife asked this. If your wife came from the city, the suburbs will be difficult for her. Give her some autonomy, control over her own life. Find out what public transit goes near your home, if any, and make sure she can travel to Chinatown or visit her friends while you are not available. Buy a transit card, auto reloadable so she will not run out of rides while she is away from home. Give her some cash to spend as she chooses.

Remember, your wife was a fully functioning adult in China. Now she has put herself in your hands, and the dynamic between you is more of parent/child, since she is dependent on you for everything. You must be more supportive than you ever thought possible, more understanding than you are used to, and more accepting than ever. You brought her over here, now you must man up and help her in the way she needs to be helped. "You help your wife=you help your marriage=you help yourself" That is a direct quote from my wife.

Your marriage depends on this.

I suggest (quickly)

--drivers license

--older car with cheap insurance

--allocation of allowance

as

to participate in USA society requires a car .... Sure - I'm not writing long tomes about this or writing about my experiences with it - I simply give the short list.

Different vista with this integration into USA Society - each and every time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Over time I have heard some common themes about Chinese Women from American men marrried to them. May be this will help the Op better understand his wife and please I do not mean to offend any one, please.

1. Clean freaks and their way is the only way how things should be cleaned. I know a guy whos wife wipes every thing with bleach once a month.

2. They never ever aplogise or say sorry about any thing, may be in their actions but never in words.

3. Chinese womans approach to marriage out side of China is what I would call pragmatic. Find a nice guy who can care for them, marry him and then fall in love with him.

4. They are only here because of you, for example, once I am 6 feet under my wife will be on the first flight back to China.

5. If you love them and care for them they will return it back to you a 100 times over.

6. They will always find something to complain about.

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Filed: Timeline

Since she is home all day sit her down and find out would she want to volunteer at a chines place,

interest in her hobbies, how about re-decorating a part of the home to her liking, she has to meet

ppl and develope her own friends, do you call from work just to say "I love U" to her, lacking

some of these things on top of being homesick creates these situations, and regardless what most

think not everyone wants to live in the US....they come, they see & visits to shop alone would be just

fine in their book....Dude remember to always praise her cooking, listen when she talks ....hang in there.

Please make sure she has her own money and that's for women from any country

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Over time I have heard some common themes about Chinese Women from American men marrried to them. May be this will help the Op better understand his wife and please I do not mean to offend any one, please.

1. Clean freaks and their way is the only way how things should be cleaned. I know a guy whos wife wipes every thing with bleach once a month.

2. They never ever aplogise or say sorry about any thing, may be in their actions but never in words.

3. Chinese womans approach to marriage out side of China is what I would call pragmatic. Find a nice guy who can care for them, marry him and then fall in love with him.

4. They are only here because of you, for example, once I am 6 feet under my wife will be on the first flight back to China.

5. If you love them and care for them they will return it back to you a 100 times over.

^^^ Bingo ^^^

Out of the park Sam

Timeline

ya - it took me some time to get used to her version of cleanliness here

along with the jabs that I'm a dirty man and she could not live with me...

we've come a long way since then - but it was painful !

i did learn - 'cleaning' mostly means to remove the dust - and since there isn't any dust inside the house - she finally understands that 'dusting' is a waste of time for her.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

She is not patient. She wants everything fast. And I have to do everything. Contribute I can understand. But she isn't getting work without driving. And she fought me for a month to get a state ID because she wanted to use her own studio pictures. Her mastered skills are cooking. And she takes excellent photographs. Which she posts on a QQ blog. But I'm not doing projects with, or teaching a complainer. And she likes chatting on the computer with hundreds of Chinese women. But she gets really mad if I'm on the pc. Her English is pretty decent. She can have a conversation, And she taught Chinglish in China. She is making comparisons . And her expectations were unreasonable. I noticed it in China but thought she would adjust. For the most part she is not unreasonable. But she had some serious flawed ideas about America.

Her complaints seem to revolve around She don't like my job. Because I work shifts. She don't like my houses. Because they aren't Chinese concrete boxes with open sewers, with no maintenance.

And she is a clean freak. She says my health is bad. So I'm susposed to eat donkey skin shipped from China. And she said two times since she has been here . I broke her heart.

Her daily routine when I'm working is to stay home. She wont go for a walk, which she likes a lot. She cant drive and she doesn't want too.

When I'm here , its grocery shopping. Visiting parks. eating together.

She has plenty of friends. We have traveled around visiting, and have had her friends here.

All she has to say is I want to go visit, and its done.

she is deppressed,i dont know how your relationship was before marrige but maybe u didnt even get to know eachoter well enough.you should talk openly with her about what to do next

she is not getting better by her self,maybe u should have a child,having something of her own a baby would probably help her,she would not feel so alone anymore.its not easy to ajust to

something new yes,but so many ppl moved accros the world for the person they love because he or she was worth it,and they all mostly went to a better life then they had,talk and i wish u good luck

I agree, if you love you figure a way to prosper not complain on the steppes of Peru or the hinterlands of Mongolia.

My ex hated our hometown when she was with me. Apparently taking care of a newborn was not enough for her. Now she has no child and she has a new man and miraculously loves her life now. So, I would suspect there are other reasons your wife hates her life. If she is really bored, then get a hobby. There is also plenty of charity work that can be done, too.

i agree with boh of you,sadly

just wondering who deleted my post? i didnt said anything wrong if they love each other they can live wherever not just here thats all im saying.

i lived in states with my family when i was a child,we came as refuges and we could have stayed there forever,but after 2 years my mother couldnt take it anymore,so we all came back as a family to my homeland where it wasnt so pretty to live in for years,now after 15 years i am going back i am in k1 visa procces,i guess it was destined for me to live there but my mother and father,i never stopped feeling sorry for leaving the states,it was the best time of my life,i feel blessed for going back my dream coming true,but not for everyone

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not a Russian thing at all. :) Dishsoap is used in Russia by almost everybody, so if somebody from Russia thinks that dishsoap is bad for you, it's just a personal thing, nothing about being Russian.

I was hoping that was the case. I was referring to the automatic dish soap for washing machines by the way. I have heard a few cases of thinking it was poison but was hoping it was isolated cases :). Fortunately, Tanya does not think so. I always hand wash my dishes and place them in the dishwasher to dry...how is that for reverse engineering? :rolleyes:

Spasibo Viktor

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

She needs to make an effort. I moved here last December, and I've had a lot of issues since doing so. I got really homesick around February, then South Carolina became a disaster area and part of my new home was destroyed by a tree as a result of the ice storm. This is mere months after trying to adjust to my new home and country, and we've had to live in two other places since and we're still not back in the house yet. My husband is autistic and can't work or drive, so we've been in the house most of the time and everything that happened has given me an anxiety disorder and I'm on medicine for it now. Before that, there were times I'd lay awake till 8am ranting about how England was better and I want to go back to England and I wish we'd moved there instead and EVERYTHING in England was better, and when he tried to say what was better for us in the US, I wouldn't listen. (I had a job there and we had transport and were independent).

Point being, I love my husband and the important thing is that we're together. I still suffer homesickness, but I am determined to make the best of the US and for us to have a nice life here and there are things I do like here and would miss. We are both very committed to making the US work for us. Another thing, I would never, EVER dream in a million years of asking my husband for a divorce. I love him to death and couldn't bear to part from him. We have our challenges and our struggles, and I've had one of the biggest unexpected challenges of moving to the US with my new house being wrecked, but we'll get through whatever happens together and we will make a good life for us. We'll stay together no matter where we are. Asking for a divorce that easily would make me question her commitment to you.

AGREED 100%

My husband and I would get in fights too but I can't imagine being separated from him. I would never threaten him with a divorce

The Journey

08/10/13 - I-130 Sent

08/15/13 - NOA1

11/11/13 - Expedite Requested

11/14/13 - Expedite Received and Under Review

12/17/13 - NOA2 (Merry Christmas!)

01/23/14 - NVC Received

03/10/14 - NVC Case Complete

03/13/14 - Packet 4 Received

03/20/14 - Medical Examination Passed (1day)

04/03/14 - Interview (Approved!)

04/04/14 - Visa Issued

04/10/14 - Received Passport with Visa

04/15/14 - Arrived in the US

06/02/14 - ELIS status CLOSED (Card Produced)

06/03/14 - Green Card Received<p>

01/25/16 - Mailed I-751

08/15/16 - Removal of Conditions approved

8/22/16 - 10 YR Green Card Received

03/02/17 - N400 received

03/08/17 - NOA

Timeline

My wife has none of these problems except 6. Lucky me? Or maybe I'm in for a big surprise when she transforms on US soil. :rolleyes:

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife has none of these problems except 6. Lucky me? Or maybe I'm in for a big surprise when she transforms on US soil. :rolleyes:

Like elephants, Chinese women have two sets of teeth, one for show and one to chew. :yes:

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Though you said you will oblige to her request for divorce, its obvious that you are heartbroken and wished that happy marriage can be restored.

In general, we men think "too logically" and them women think "too emotionally".

So often there is a gap in our understanding.

For we men, logic overrules emotions, but often for women, emotion overrules logic.

Also, women gives us men hints at what they like and don't like,

but we direct men don't get that unless it's told exactly

and we miss what she really wants.

I would hate to encourage you to just throw in the towel if you really love her.

I would get some professional counseling, so that the expert can really dig into

what is bothering her and what can make her happy.

You may be surprised to find that, she just needed frequent loving hugs,

and sweet and complimentary words.

I talk to my fiancee in China twice a day on Skype, and I frequently tell her

(I know I'm going to make many men squirm and puke at this but...hahaha)

"you are so cute today", "you look good in that clothing", "I love you",

"I miss you a lot", "I will always care for you"...on and on...

(sorry to those macho men if I made you dizzy...hahaha)

And she has told me several times that, I make her feel secure, confident, and happy.

I'm not a very romantic guy by nature, but over time, I have learned through hard lessons

that this is how you connect with women, and...only then, you can connect with her on the logic part.

I wish all the best in your marriage. It's so much easier to save this one,

thann to terminate and start all over again.

Best of luck!

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.