Dieseltu

My wife hates everything here.

95 posts in this topic

it is never ok to threaten with divorce. NEVER. Whichever culture you may belong in, love is love. If you love someone you just try to make things better. Don't just expect the other person to do everything for you and when they don't live up to your expectations, you complain and cry DIVORCE! She has to put in EFFORT. Just because she is Chinese and that's how she might do things, doesn't mean it is ok! Race doesn't excuse you from abuse. She is mentally and emotionally abusing her partner. She needs to understand his point of view too! If she does not have it in her to try, then she does not love him...enough? It cannot always be him him him him. Marriage takes 2 to work. She has to put in effort. AND NO, her moving to the states isn't enough effort. It's a given that you will go where your partner goes. It's the "working things out" that's hard.

Edited by jsjs

The Journey

08/10/13 - I-130 Sent

08/15/13 - NOA1

11/11/13 - Expedite Requested

11/14/13 - Expedite Received and Under Review

12/17/13 - NOA2 (Merry Christmas!)

01/23/14 - NVC Received

03/10/14 - NVC Case Complete

03/13/14 - Packet 4 Received

03/20/14 - Medical Examination Passed (1day)

04/03/14 - Interview (Approved!)

04/04/14 - Visa Issued

04/10/14 - Received Passport with Visa

04/15/14 - Arrived in the US

06/02/14 - ELIS status CLOSED (Card Produced)

06/03/14 - Green Card Received<p>

01/25/16 - Mailed I-751

08/15/16 - Removal of Conditions approved

8/22/16 - 10 YR Green Card Received

03/02/17 - N400 received

03/08/17 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

it is never ok to threaten with divorce. NEVER. Whichever culture you may belong in, love is love. If you love someone you just try to make things better. Don't just expect the other person to do everything for you and when they don't live up to your expectations, you complain and cry DIVORCE! She has to put in EFFORT. Just because she is Chinese and that's how she might do things, doesn't mean it is ok! Race doesn't excuse you from abuse. She is mentally and emotionally abusing her partner. She needs to understand his point of view too! If she does not have it in her to try, then she does not love him...enough? It cannot always be him him him him. Marriage takes 2 to work. She has to put in effort. AND NO, her moving to the states isn't enough effort. It's a given that you will go where your partner goes. It's the "working things out" that's hard.

Yes, she is. But her partner needs to know what she really means and helps her to get better. Some people just don't know how to express love, period. Sometimes, they think the put in efforts already. It is all about perspective, she needs to be told what she did was not OK. Nobody told her that! Please be understanding and helpful, not so judgmental!

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

Except our air and water. Other then that. She regularily complains that she wants a divorce and wants to go back to China. I'm about to oblige her.... She is not adjusting well. And from reading on here. Our life is pretty decent. She really doesn't have to do anything , Anything she wants I get her. Were holding our own, the neighborhoods nice, quiet, works ok. sex, ok. we just got her combo travel, work card. Even have a Chinatown here. I like her cooking. I love her , really. She don't like anything.

All comments are welcome.

Sounds like my first wife. Let her go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

one post adding nothing constructive to the thread has been removed and one member thread-banned

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

one post adding nothing constructive to the thread has been removed and one member thread-banned

Close thread?

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.