Dieseltu

My wife hates everything here.

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have often seen the risky habit of generalization of Chinese women in these forums. My wife and I were just talking about this and she feels that this is a problem that has to be solved together and it is not just his problem or her problem. If she is not willing to fight for the relationship, then my wife feels that she might have a different motivation for marrying this man. She needs to be involved and be positive about her new life. If she cannot do this, then perhaps she needs to go back home. Every relationship will have troubles and struggles, but in the end if she wants this new life then she will look for things and ways to make the relationship work. Of course, we are only hearing one side of the story and the Chinese perspective is often totally different than the American perspective. Good luck.

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most everyone says to wait. But she don't want to. Every 3 or 4 days . It's I want a divorce and I want to go back to China. She has her travel card. I'd like her to go visit. But she don't want to hear it. If we divorce its surely over.

I would punt on this woman. Go find you a new girl, maybe get someone a bit younger maybe late 20's or early 30's.

Sound like she is a major KillJoy

Good Luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post removed for importing drama from another thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow, sorry to hear you are not happy, I would like to pass on few things I have learned in 8 months with my wife and we get along just fine.

1) Chinese women run the home-man make money

2) They love to be included in anything you do so ask them

3) They like to save and will wait on a item till it is on sale

4) They love to hear I love you every day

5) They will not contradict you in public- just give you that sly smile

6) They love to try new cooking menus- you are the guinea pig till she gets it right

7) Treat her as a partner in everything

8) Talk about everything no matter how small so she will have some input

These are just a few things we do, the others just happen without much effort on each others part

I know not everyone will agree with these things but they work for us and so far she is happy so I am happy.

I wish you the best in your decision Dieseltu, but do try counseling before making the really big jump, you both have much time and money invested in this relationship, sometimes a rose is just a rose.

Regards,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Except our air and water. Other then that. She regularily complains that she wants a divorce and wants to go back to China. I'm about to oblige her.... She is not adjusting well. And from reading on here. Our life is pretty decent. She really doesn't have to do anything , Anything she wants I get her. Were holding our own, the neighborhoods nice, quiet, works ok. sex, ok. we just got her combo travel, work card. Even have a Chinatown here. I like her cooking. I love her , really. She don't like anything.

All comments are welcome.

Take her to Disney Land

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks people. I've read everyone's posts. I don't have much to say right now. But many things are noted. Things are not improved much. I'm busy doing the AOS interview papers. For July 31st. I tried to put together a Niagara Falls trip, but Canada wont let her in without a visa, and submitting a huge stack of internet papers including names and addresses of her immediate relatives and all her brothers and sisters in China. So Screw that. I just figured out last night she cant read a lick of English.

I've lost my confidence that this will work out, but I'm moving forward. The government don't wait for people to be in a good mood. Saying that, we had a few good days. We had our teeth cleaned at the dentist. I got acupuncture, I moved my pc where she wanted it, She is an awesome cook, I'm eating well, And summers been quite nice here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, it sounds like progress, of a sort. I likes the progress, big or small or inbetween. For us, it still takes time, mostly I am in your same shoes except she has found a job that pays little money.

She's been hanging out with me on Saturday mornings at the Farmer's Market here in town, when I go in to sell my crops - so she finally understands why my garden work is worth about 40,000/year for part time work [a plus, in my book]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Nice. Do you go every Saturday. Id like to hear about this. Do you got another post on here somewhere about it. The wife has shown a keen interest in gardening. Furthermore I'm good at it too. At my other place , I had quite a garden . Sun all day, and another spot does spring lettuce very well until June. Without blocking the sun. Tomatoes just run rampant. This place just isn't good for it. The lack of sun. Will be glad to get back there. Hopefully next year.

Edited by Dieseltu

Timeline

Wow, sorry to hear you are not happy, I would like to pass on few things I have learned in 8 months with my wife and we get along just fine.

1) Chinese women run the home-man make money

2) They love to be included in anything you do so ask them

3) They like to save and will wait on a item till it is on sale

4) They love to hear I love you every day

5) They will not contradict you in public- just give you that sly smile

6) They love to try new cooking menus- you are the guinea pig till she gets it right

7) Treat her as a partner in everything

8) Talk about everything no matter how small so she will have some input

These are just a few things we do, the others just happen without much effort on each others part

I know not everyone will agree with these things but they work for us and so far she is happy so I am happy.

I wish you the best in your decision Dieseltu, but do try counseling before making the really big jump, you both have much time and money invested in this relationship, sometimes a rose is just a rose.

Regards,

Mine likes to tell everyone how crappy I am . In public. And she thinks keeping things to herself is lying. She's a big blabbermouth. 2, 7, and 8. Well, if I have to explain everything to her for two hours. I would get nothing done.

Filed: Timeline

ESL classes? Sounds like she needs some independence.

July 2011 - Applied for VAWA with I-765 and I-485 with fee waivers - receipt date Aug 4, 2011
August 10th 2011 - Received NOA's for all 3, fee waivers accepted
August 26th 2011 - Received EAD
Early July 2012 - Re-applied for EAD based on pending I-485
Mid July 2012 - Received NOA for 2nd EAD
August 1st 2012 - Received EAD
Silence for a few more months
October 26th 2012 - I-360 approval
November 19th '12 - Case transferred
May 2013 - Received interview notice

June 2013 - Interview (approved)

Permanent resident since June 2013

Timeline

I can't wait one more minute to signed up a new account.

To apologise all these dramas from Chinese wives, including mine. (-_-||)

I do understand the situation.

I hated a lot around when i was in the States.

It takes time to be comfortable with a new place.

But I do think if she loves you, she should love everything about you.

You are live in city or country, you have beer belly or 6 packs.

Nothing matters.

Some Chinese women don't understand how to love.

It doesn't mean they don't love.

I hope you can give her a chance to realise how amazing you are.

Let her go back to China, ignore her for a while. Then she will realise you are important.

I do not agree with breaking up.

But if you don't love her anymore, you should follow your felling.

I think 50 years old for a man is still young enough to built a new family.

On the opposite, she will be difficult after being released to wild again.

You should let her know its a serious problem,

you can accuse her off the the States.

Hope you can work it out.

Hope you be happy everyday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your wife sounds like my mom. Chinese women in her generation do nag a lot. And to trash their partner in public, it is how they show intimacy in front of others, like "hey, I can say bad things about him, we are so close. You have to pretend to say everything nice to be polite because you are not close to him" kinda stuff.

I don't think she really meant that she wanted a divorce. It is just how the Chinese wives tell you that they are not satisfied. Ask her if she really wants to go back, I doubt it!

I'm form China. Everything I did when I grew up, including things that I did perfectly, brought some "commenting"-well, criticizing, from my mom. LOL. They just want you to be better. That's how they care about you.

The way she said about you, to me simply is how she expresses her desires that she wants you to be a better person from her perspective. Chinese wives nag their husbands A LOT! Chinese men just deal with that and let the wives do whatever. The traditional "new" relationship, I mean for the past 20 some years, is that man listens to the wife and lets them nag.

I sometimes do the same things with my husband. But, no offense, I am in my 20s and are less that stereotypical. He told me that he felt bad when I nagged or made fun of him in front of others. So I stopped :) Though I didn't really do it much. You need to tell her that you don't like it. And ask her what her real feelings are, does she really think that you do not meet her expectations and what not. Something important is to give her something that she can brag about in front of other people and let her know that you are improving yourself too (does not have to be the Mr. Perfect, just let her know that you are trying your best to make future better than the current one). Give her the talk! Traditional Chinese relationships do not involve any talks, and she would appreciate it.

BTW, still no offense, but as her age, it is hard to adjust. So give her time and talk with her. Take her out downtown, to NYC, to the mall, get a pet or meet new friends, especially Chinese friends who you can both interact with, and etc.

Edited by bubblebubble

Timeline

One thing I learned, when she daily says 'I want a divorce' - she really not mean it. But that is her way of telling me that she is not happy. We shift much, change many things together, to relieve this unhappiness, kept trying till we got something that works. No one right answer, I wish there was.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

we not have this issue when she was in China, I stay with her 1 month every 3 or 4 months, almost 6 years. It was only when she came here, that she started this rant of 'I want a divorce'. I gotta tell ya, for that first month, it killed my heart much , each time she say this. But I finally looked past that one phrase, and started doing things that were meaningful. It's been working, so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.