ShowMeState

K-1 Visa Marring my ex-wife Sister(merged)

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question. I am considering filing a visa and marring my ex-wifes sister. I married a girl from the philippines and we were married for three years. After about a year discovered she actually really liked other women. She was just never able to explore that in the Philippines once getting to the USA and learning how the that type of thing was much more accepting here. She decided she really preferred females.

Anyway during this time her sister and I became very close and best friends. My question is how many red flags would there be if I filed a visa for my ex wifes younger sister. After only 3 years filing one for her sister 3 years previous.

Also will my soon to be exwife who just received her 10 year green card. Will she be allowed to stay here in the USA?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have a question. I am considering filing a visa and marring my ex-wifes sister. I married a girl from the philippines and we were married for three years. After about a year discovered she actually really liked other women. She was just never able to explore that in the Philippines once getting to the USA and learning how the that type of thing was much more accepting here. She decided she really preferred females.

Anyway during this time her sister and I became very close and best friends. My question is how many red flags would there be if I filed a visa for my ex wifes younger sister. After only 3 years filing one for her sister 3 years previous.

Also will my soon to be exwife who just received her 10 year green card. Will she be allowed to stay here in the USA?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as your divorce is final prior to filing.

Expect a lot of questions during the interview process since it could look like you're performing visa fraud......all the same family, etc.

Your ex will have her GC and be free to stay here as a permanent resident.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will definitely undergo RFE, amount of red flags,but the other side of this if your fiancee will convince the consul with no doubt during the interview,she might get pass it.This will require a lot of preparation to her side specially during the interview.Let her prepare a lot of evidence of your genuine relationship.There is only thin line between Fraud and Truth and consul are good in smelling ones.I don't say you won't make it but prepare being interrogated like a criminal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I've heard those officers sitting in the other side of the window are TRAINED to detect who's doing what!...

I am no expert but AFTER she got to the US you finally realized she's into women and during these three years you developed feelings for her younger sister make perfect sense ....

Why don't you file for another type of visa?

It's a huge red flag + bright red flashing lights .... even I smell fraud from here

I have a feeling that it will be a red flag at her Embassy interview. If I were you, I would plan on attending the interview.

I suspect that it would have a higher level of scrutiny and questioning; but if what you say about same-sex relationships in Philippines is a correct reflection of the culture, the CO and embassy personnel will certainly know and would be understanding; what might not get past them is that you didn't know about her preferences and thus might have known and willingly participated in 'a deceptive' application. Not saying you were or are; but how the CO would act and assume, until proven different.

Thus, I'd document everything since how you met you ex, interactions, trips, etc; all the way to the present situation.

Something key: you noted that 'after a year' it was discovered (does not say who, appears to be her) what her preferences were, does not say if she told you or you knew; yet you were married for 3 and thus "allowing" her permanent GC. It does sound like you knew and didn't do anything, moreover, it looks like you helped in the ROC. Those are the kind of things that will cross the CO and you need to have very good answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I misunderstood the original post, I thought he wanted to bring his wife sister over and she was the lesbian

Edited by Cam54

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

to the OP, do you actually love this woman or are you just close friends?

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.