Khan sab

My fiancee does not want to marry me .My brother is US national . Can he apply for my adjustment

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi ,

I am in trouble . My fiancee does not want to marry me . She said she loves someone else now .My one month is gone . 2 Months left . My brother is US national , Can he apply for status adjustment ? so that i can stay here . please help ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No. Well, mostly No.

But someone who knows about sibling sponsership and priority dates will chime in, soon.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

no , your brother can't aply to adjust your status . your K-1 VISA can only be adjusted thour your wife. now my question did you get married ? or not yet? if not and she is not willing to marry you. YOU MUST GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No if you have entered on K1, there is no option for you, you will have to return back.

Your brother can file for you and you will have to complete the rest of the process back home and once a new visa is issued you can come back again.

I am sorry that this has happened to you but why would you want to stay if you are not getting married to the person who petitioned you and you've only been here a month? Time to go home, I'm afraid.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi ,

I am in trouble . My fiancee does not want to marry me . She said she loves someone else now .My one month is gone . 2 Months left . My brother is US national , Can he apply for status adjustment ? so that i can stay here . please help ..

You have to return home, only your fiancee can file for your adjustment.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

As you entered on a K1, adjustment of status can only be made on the condition that you married your sponsoring fiancé within the 90 days of your entry. You have to leave before the 90 days are up.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

That's why they called a K-1 visa as a fiance(e) visa. I bet you've already read all the requirements about K-1 visa since you are now in US. It is well written on I-797 hardcopy that you have to marry your fiance (e) within 90 days otherwise you have to leave if no marriage between you and your fiance (e) is occur.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits~

~Inquiry about AOS with different petitioner, past K-1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You can only adjust status through marrying the person who petitioned you. There is absolutely no other way to adjust status from a K-1. Doesn't matter if you have a US citizen brother, mother, wife. If it's not the original petitioner, you cannot adjust.

If you do not marry the petitioner within 90 days of arrival, you have to return, or risk overstaying with no other option than getting a bar from re-entry, at which point you will be barred from any visa application, even if your brother were to petition for you. If you overstay by up to one year, it's a 3 year bar, whereas overstaying for more than one year is a 10 year bar. The bar is triggered when you leave the US.

Not quite sure what you mean by US national - US citizens can petition for their siblings (though the wait is very long. You cannot wait in the US while your petition is pending, and you will be subject to your K-1 visa. US permanent residents cannot petition for their siblings.

Edited by yang-ja

Filed: Other Timeline

oops8rh.gif Lordy lord I had to re-read for moment

hope its not early senility I am facing, I thought

siblings wanted to marry each other to adjust

OH' OP sorry things did not work out cancel

the petition and go home before you are out of

status, your sibling cannot help right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.