Purpled23

Older American woman Younger Algerian man

271 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So, I am moving my story and questions here because I need some advice from anyone that can relate. I am a 40 year old American woman who is in love with a 22 year old Algerian man. We met online and have been talking for awhile now. We Skype every night, send messages thru email every day and even call or text each other when we can. I am planning a trip to visit him in Algeria this April for a week. We both know that it is love we feel for each other and we want to be together. We are not trying to rush trying to get a visa to be together because we don't want to mess anything up. We want to prove that we are serious about each other and that we are in a real relationship. We have read different stories both good and bad. What we are wanting to know is which is the best way to go about getting the visa? Is the K1 fiancé visa the best or the spouse visa? I would like to know what the chances of older woman/younger man getting approved for visa? All I have seen on here is older man/younger woman getting approved and I guess I need to know that there are some happy endings for us older women who fall in love with younger men. The one I love, I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. He is amazing and such a wonderful person. There is no doubt in my mind when it comes to him. It is real love and I cant wait to be with him. Thank you for any and all advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you also of Algerian heritage?

Any children involved?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would suggest you look on the MENA forum, there are many ladies with a similar profile there.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I had a really bad experience marrying someone younger than me for more than one reason. 18 years is a crazy age difference and as time goes by its going to matter more and more. I ended up divorcing him 6 years after we married and at first it was just awful. About 3 months later, I was in home depot and met a guy who smiled at me..Well guess what? He is from ALGERIA and has his papers LOL...and is one year younger. He married an American woman and it did not work out and left her.. Which to me is just incredible irony. We have been living together for about 5 months and hes everything the guy I married was not.

Personally, I would NEVER recommend marrying with such a huge age difference,especially someone that young. But if you are happy and he is happy and you can survive it if it does not last, go ahead. You never get a second chance to start all over and even though my experience was really hard, I learned alot and if every single thing had not happened EXACTLY the way it happened. I would never have met the wonderful man I am with . He is from the far east of Algeria and is very simple. My ex was flashy and Orani, total opposites. I cannot say that I could have EVER predicted I would meet an Algerian in home depot and we would end up living together but it happened.. So for all the pain I went through getting used for a greencard and passport and hurt so badly, I ended up ok.

You jump in. You hope for the best. You figure out a way to emotionally survive if he leaves you.

And then you wait for interesting things to happen, because they always do LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am 20 years older than my fiancée and have 4 children from my previous marriages. We were approved without AP on 9/12 for his K1 visa. He will be here god willing by December 15th. We have been together 2 years and I have been to Amman 5 times and I am also Middle Eastern. I believe the number of my visits and the fact we applied one year after being together plus all the proof of our relationship I presented assured the consulate our relationship was solid.

It has not been easy by any means, it tests every fiber of the relationship and trust me when I say I have been on an emotional roller coaster. If it weren’t for my friends here such as the lovely mimolicious supporting me and listening to me complain I probably would have thrown in the towel.

Thank god I didn’t cause we are so happy right now - over the hurdle and with the stress of the visa gone we are once again madly in love :)

I know it won’t always be like this and we have many more hurdles to face once he arrives but nothing can be as hard as being separated for two years and not knowing if we would be approved or end up in AP.

My best advice is get to know him - dont rush into the visa process because you need a solid foundation to build on.

Age is just a number and we laugh all the time because he is much more mature than I am and thankfully I take excellent care of myself so the age difference is not too apparent.

I pray to continue to be one of the success stories too :)

best of luck

Jen

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am 20 years older than my fiancée and have 4 children from my previous marriages. We were approved without AP on 9/12 for his K1 visa. He will be here god willing by December 15th. We have been together 2 years and I have been to Amman 5 times and I am also Middle Eastern. I believe the number of my visits and the fact we applied one year after being together plus all the proof of our relationship I presented assured the consulate our relationship was solid.

It has not been easy by any means, it tests every fiber of the relationship and trust me when I say I have been on an emotional roller coaster. If it weren’t for my friends here such as the lovely mimolicious supporting me and listening to me complain I probably would have thrown in the towel.

Thank god I didn’t cause we are so happy right now - over the hurdle and with the stress of the visa gone we are once again madly in love smile.png

I know it won’t always be like this and we have many more hurdles to face once he arrives but nothing can be as hard as being separated for two years and not knowing if we would be approved or end up in AP.

My best advice is get to know him - dont rush into the visa process because you need a solid foundation to build on.

Age is just a number and we laugh all the time because he is much more mature than I am and thankfully I take excellent care of myself so the age difference is not too apparent.

I pray to continue to be one of the success stories too smile.png

best of luck

Jen

You are a strong woman, and a good friend, I know in my heart all will be good once your sweetheart arrives. Jen, you are very realistic in your expectations, which is essential. Anyone who thinks that after their other half arrives everything will be smooth sailing is just, well, delusional. The petition and visa process was the easy part, the real work begins the day your fiance' or husband sets foot off that plane onto US soil.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am 11+ years older than my fiance. When I first started the process, I worried about all my red flags. I kept thinking about all the ways we would be rejected. I even had imaginary conversations in my head with immigration officials pleading my case. Because, after all, I had the most amazing Egyptian fiance ever and I knew my words would just prove it.

Thankfully for me time was on my side. I didn't think so at first, but I have come to realize that in all this mess, DECA slowdowns and consulate closures gave me the chance to know my fiance even better. This summer I was fortunate enough to spend 70 days in Egypt. As a teacher, I was afforded that time. It totally took away the honeymoon feelings I had from my three previous (incredibly short in comparison) trips. We really saw each other's good sides and, well, our not so good sides. He discovered my true feelings on housework--which pretty much mirrored his feelings on delightfully delicious fruits and vegetables (basically he hated them).

One of the other reasons this time was so valuable was because I had family members (who truly love me) doing research. As you might suspect, this research spoke of the young Egyptian scammers. It convinced my family that I was making a huge mistake because the only thing my fiance wanted was a green card. How could I not see it? Because I love my family and I want an authentic, lifelong relationship with this man, I was able to explore those thoughts and ideas. And with the passage of more time there is no doubt. I know--even more strongly than I thought I knew before--that I am making the right decision. Thankfully, my family is making that mind change too.

As I look at the past year of waiting for my dreams to come true, I realize that all of our evidence building not only improved our case, but more importantly it strengthened my love for a 11+ year younger man who is imperfect, just like me.

Best wishes for your journey.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Before you go to Algeria, get yourself an accordion file folder, and put all boarding passes, receipts, and other paper evidence in it to use in the future if you decide to file.

Aside from that, wipe marriages and visas from your mind. Focus your energies on getting to know him and determining whether you are actually compatible face-to-face.

All you need to file is one visit, but I would recommend getting as much in-person time as you can. Yes, it looks better to immigration, but much more importantly, it gives your relationship a stronger foundation. After all, isn't the ultimate goal not simply to get a visa but to have a happy and long-lasting marriage?

As far as older woman-younger man relationships, from reading the archives it seems like there are 3-4 couples that made it past the five-year mark. I don't think any of them are still active. As far as current posters, I think mimolicious has an age gap of 20 years (although you wouldn't be able to tell from her picture!)

Good luck.

I & my wife have 28 years age gap, i'm the young one, and we made it just recently on Aug 2013, i got my IR-1 visa, most people had no hope for us, but with comittement we made it at one of the toughest US consulate in the world....Casablanca.

It took 2 1/2 years since the date of filing with a denial + NOIR to finaly get approved, lots of drama pain frustration limbo but it is still possible with such significant age difference.

I'm here in the US waiting for an end to this government shutdown so i can obtain my social security #. Plz don't be discouraged, you can make it, you're blessed to be here in Visajourney prior to filing, learn as much as possible, and i agree with Futureberberwife, get to know your hubby deeply, learn from others' mistakes, and ignore those who try to discourage you, alright? Peace

Edited by SarAyouBliss

We would like to say thank you to all of your positive feedback. It means so much to us to hear about your success stories and we hope one day we can do the same for another couple. You have given us hope that there is a chance for us. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.