Brian1967##

Reporting Fraud to USCIS

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is a definitive start to reporting immigration fraud

Reportfraudtips@uscis.dhs.gov

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/privacy-pia-013-fdns-appendix-jan-2015.pdf

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband got here only 6 months now and I am already divorcing him due to realizing that he and his family are out to damage my life. He contested the divorce asking me for support under the I864. Is this really possible at this level of court?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do not see why not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am actually a victim of fraud too but on the positive side. Due the drama, we didn't go through getting his green card. Since I saw his true intentions plus he left abruptly a month we married to NYC. I had also reported this to USCIS and was blessed to make friend there who actually guided me to apply for a federal job. Now I have career not a job. And no, it isn't with the USCIS. I am now proceeding with my divorce. I gave my marriage the best effort I could. Lesson learn but I am blessed!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow I guess I should consider myself lucky. I sponsored this girl from the Dominican Republic on a K1 visa after knowing her for over 4 years, supporting her and her child financially. After bringing her to the USA (long story will make it short) she changed and wanted to visit her friends in another far away state. She left me and in a month returned back to me since I think she knew she had to marry me or would not be able to stay. Well, her impatience got the best of her and she started to fight with me physically hoping I would hit her. I never did but she filed a false domestice violence police report which I ended up in jail. It took a month but the prosecutor to drop ALL the charges against me. In that time she filed a ''restraining order'' from the state she was ''partying'' in with her friends. Later on those charges were dropped also. Her downfall was that she put on the ''restraining order'' that we are married,,,,which we are not lying on a state of New Jersey document! I can see her friends are counseling and setting her up to get her visa via the VAWA provision. I hope USCIS can see this when she files for her green card and deny her the papers.

From what I read above I guess I am very lucky I did not marry this girl. Thanks for the above information also. I just have a bad feeling in a few months I will have to be asked to appear in a court testifying, as I hope she will be caught and deported. I want to see her deported as this fine country of ours do not need these type of characters living among us. Good luck to all of you! Thanks!

I married mine in the Phils and brought her to Jax, Fl...then to find out her cousin and aunt both lived here already?! Wow what a coincidence!!! Found out it was her cousin who lived here had emailed me, not the ex...so I wrote a letter and gave them the web site and info to investigate where the emails originated from; her cousin open the account and paid for it, and used her login and PW, but I'm sure the emails will show they were typed from a computer in Jax Fl. She got an RFE instead of her GC after applying for her ROC, but she already had quit college to take a min wage job, changed her address on her uscis profile to her aunts house, and opened her own checking acc, then she wanted to come back home after getting the RFE.....nope...I refused...she is waiting hearing, and engaged to an ex navy guy now....

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation. So she went after a navy guy? Hmmmm maybe he will pull strings to have her legal. He will be her next victim. I'm lucky enough to not marry mine in time. I saw things on the wall but at first didn't want to believe them. Glad in time I did.

I hope you find true happiness and much success my friend. Just know you're not alone.

Your friend Tj

It's human nature to seek revenge after being wronged/scammed. And that's what all this "reporting fraud" is, a longshot at some revenge. Very few actually get it and can "enjoy" it. Most never.

In reality, reporting fraud is a waste of time since immigration is not really interested in following up on 99% of the cases that they are handed due to lack of resources, case load, but mostly just general laziness.

Why not forget about the person that scammed you (negative energy) and focus on bettering yourself with something positive. Negative feelings cause stress, which leads to illness, which leads to early grave.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

How do you provide tangible evidence of marriage fraud when you only have behavior and a series of events that really prove this? When the double life is going on in a different country and you can't contact anyone, OR no one will talk or respond to you it's challenging. This is what they are betting on. I read above that reporting fraud to the USCIS is not about venting a bitter relationship/failed marriage but about FRAUD.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am actually a victim of fraud too but on the positive side. Due the drama, we didn't go through getting his green card. Since I saw his true intentions plus he left abruptly a month we married to NYC. I had also reported this to USCIS and was blessed to make friend there who actually guided me to apply for a federal job. Now I have career not a job. And no, it isn't with the USCIS. I am now proceeding with my divorce. I gave my marriage the best effort I could. Lesson learn but I am blessed!?

Good for you!!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 5 months later...

I had an appointment this morning at local USCIS office,went there with letter and evidence and they told me to go back to post office and send it my mail.

I do have evidence of him having other women and kids in his Country,pics,people's messages to me,....

I am going to post office as soon as open,what else should be done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing else to be done.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 hours ago, Mirjana said:

I had an appointment this morning at local USCIS office,went there with letter and evidence and they told me to go back to post office and send it my mail.

I do have evidence of him having other women and kids in his Country,pics,people's messages to me,....

Send it and move on. Let it go. Time heals all wounds.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Mirjana said:

They were too lazy to even look at what you brought?  Jesus, I hope Trump can clean out this lifelong-riff raff working at these federal agencies and replace them with hungry, motivated, young people.  There are plenty of college graduates who can't find work and would love a federal job with good benefits and pretty good pay. 

Filed: Timeline
On 3/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, Mirjana said:

Just so you know I did read your detailed thread- and to be honest there wasnt enough details in it. Not enough for me at least to say this is fraud that USCIS will take action upon. You have to realize that there can be fraud occurring- but just like any other crime there has to be proof (at a certain level) for action to be taken. 

I think its unfortunate that others encouragement to take what you have and bring it to USCIS led you to assume action would be taken. No one was wrong to encourage you- but rather you had non realistic expectations.

What exactly do you have as proof? Specifically what do you have as proof that the children in the facebook postings are actually HIS? Many people shack up together and play house. Many people have children from previous relationships and the 'new man' steps in and is viewed as the 'father'. Simply saying here are some pictures a woman labeled as 'my family' that includes children and him does not make any of it true. USCIS has limited resources and they do not go investigating every claim to find out if theres a basis for it or not. 

You also state there was some type of visa application where he listed himself as married with kids. Was this a visa application AT the Embassy or an application he filled out with a visa preparation service that was not submitted. I find it hard to believe that he filed a tourist visa application at the Embassy stating such and it was over looked when his case was reviewed for the visa you guys submitted. When you interview they review your complete record- so I suppose someone couldve dropped the ball and not checked his history- but its unlikely. Did you contact the Embassy yet about this?

Well,when I send him pic with kids and baby mama,he texted back,so I cant take pic with my kids,isnt that enough ?messages between two of us talking about other women and kids,her posts about husband in USA,same addresses on official documents from two of them.And yes,it was on touris visa,I cant say how I know,but somebody visited him at my home and question him about

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.