Brian1967##

Reporting Fraud to USCIS

98 posts in this topic

So,some officials came to talk to him about person he put as a contact person in his tourist visa.So,I was there when they were asking questions,thats how a know.And yes I did sent two emails to Embassy after I learned about.There is lot more,but I am at work right now.And kids are small,one is 4,he came over 3 years ago,so baby was just born when we started talking

Edited by Mirjana

I have pic of him with her and kids while we were married and people's comments under,good looking family,finally reunited,her responses,happy and all togethetr.

Her posted pic of his brother in his house with comment:he has best sister in law,look what I maid for my brother in law.I have people's testimonies about his marriage,so what else do I need?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

TWO MAJOR ORGS ACTING FOR VICTIMS OF FRAUD: 

Immigration Crime Victim Advocates (ICVA) is now working with the Federal Government (various entities) to combat immigration/marriage fraud, and protect victims, witnesses & informants. 

ICVA is also accepting statements from Victims/Witnesses/Informants ----> to be submitted to an Oversight Committee, to expose (1) Immigration/Marriage Fraud, (2) Victim/Witness/Informant Retaliation & Tampering (including making false allegations of abuse, malicious lawsuits, etc.) and (3) Corrupt, unlawful or inept Policies and Regulations. 

If you are a victim, witness, informant or know someone who is, please contact ICVA for more information. You can find the victim fb group at /881376291933806/ or the fb page by a search for Immigration Crime Victim Advocates. They also have a website. 

Victims of Immigration Fraud (VOIF) is also working with Senate Oversight, and just had a hearing for k-1 visa fraud victims. It can be found on the Senate Judicial Oversight Committee website. VOIF has lobbyists who also advocate for victims of fraud and is an excellent org to go to tell your story and be a part of their activities. Their fb group is at /VOIF.Support/ and can be found by searching for Victims of Immigration Fraud. They also have a website. VOIF has many contacts within the government is working on legislation to protect victims of fraud. 

GET IN TOUCH WITH THOSE GROUPS TO START TAKING ACTION & GET YOUR CASE HEARD! 

If you know of any other groups or organizations please reply to the post and add to this thread so everyone has access to the info! 

9 minutes ago, Damara said:

Have you been in contact with either of these groups yourself? How was it? And how is your 'case' going? Its been almost 2 yrs since youve posted...

Yes. ICVA., case now with Oversight Committee, and input being accepted by upcoming VOICE office creators. 

10 minutes ago, Damara said:

Have you been in contact with either of these groups yourself? How was it? And how is your 'case' going? Its been almost 2 yrs since youve posted...

also submitted statement to VOIF for senate oversight hearing on K-1. It's now part of record and they are still taking actions there. A lot of the stuff we can't say in public, because of the adverse groups trying to fight against victims of fraud. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2013 at 6:02 PM, Brian1967## said:

Well I thought I would start this topic it is something new and I want to tell folks there is are several different way to report fraud to USCIS. In my long road over the past several months I have some information I wanted to pass on.

If the USC spouse thinks they are a victim of marriage fraud or their immigrant spouse entered into a shame marriage for the sole purpose of gaining immigration benefits. Please make a info pass appointment, when you arrive ask to speak to the on duty FDNS officer.

FDNS.......Fraud Detection & National Security Directorate. This is the Department within USCIS that will investigate individual marriage fraud/ visa fraud cases/ false VAWA claims.

(...)

Also do not call back and ask for a update according to the Privacy Act of 1974 they are not allowed to discuss your ex spouses case with you, her green card is not between you, her and the government it is between her and the government, it is the immigrant's green card.

A bad or rough marriage that is terminated does not mean you are a victim of fraud, it means there was a bad marriage, USC's please ALWAYS think, your spouse is under a horrible amount of strain, make new friends, no family, maybe lost expectations, twisted thinking, and to top it all off you are fighting with the person you depend on for support, PLEASE I ask all USC's if your marriage is in trouble or a divorce is filed please, get to a marriage consular ASAP. (if they will go) (even if your spouse is cheating the marriage can still be saved in my thoughts).

(...)

I hope this is helpful to people:)

Even if just for the bump :whistle: but thousand times this^^ 

You will never know until you try.

• 7 months later...
Timeline
On 3/24/2017 at 4:19 PM, Mirjana said:

I have pic of him with her and kids while we were married and people's comments under,good looking family,finally reunited,her responses,happy and all togethetr.

Her posted pic of his brother in his house with comment:he has best sister in law,look what I maid for my brother in law.I have people's testimonies about his marriage,so what else do I need?

I have a very similar situatation.

First thing I did, I made the Info Pass and gave them all evidence (chats, him, his family, his women) saying he married me for papers only and he has other kids, I didn't know about them. I asked for to talk to the Fraud Officer and we talked, my documents as a prove were accepted.

Second, I applied for the Marriage ANNULMENT by Fraud attaching the same proves, chat's printing and my letter about it, the Fraud was based on him saying he married me for papers and it is not a valid marriage for him and he didn't tell me about having 2 other kids and living with other women, he told me he is a single father with 1 kid.

The judge gave me the Annulment by Fraud, which is good for me because it is like this marriage never existed, it doesn't make me share my property with him, I got my Military benefits back under the fact this marriage was annuled and also if he wants to marry an American again, he will need the divorce decree but he only can get the Annulment decree by Fraud, which probably won't let him to adjust his status with another marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree a written confession makes all the difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

MARRIAGE FRAUD IS A FEDERAL CRIME

Report Marriage Fraud to the Homeland Security Investigations Tip Line

CONTACT US For more information, contact the nearest HSI office and ask to speak to a group supervisor in the Identity and Benefit Fraud Unit. If marriage fraud is suspected, You could end up walking down this aisle. contact the HSI Tip Line at 1-866 -347 -2423 www.ice.gov/tips

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/marriageFraudBrochure.pdf

Timeline

and adding to the link about the Fraud Marriage, please, read. And if you know, your marriage is a Fraud marriage or you suspect that, please, report. Please, read the link I gave you above, it's a serious crime, better protect yourself from jail and all legal implications.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
18 hours ago, MeAlone said:

The judge gave me the Annulment by Fraud

You were very prepared, and therefore one of the fortunate ones.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

You were very prepared, and therefore one of the fortunate ones.

I wasn't, at all, I didn't know anything, I was lucky he left before the AP came and when he left and all the information started to show up, his women talking to me, I was very hurt and confused but decided to do what needs to be done, researching, learning and telling to myself to try to do it the best way, not leaving myself on the hook for community property, married for long and him not willing to sign the divorce, I was trying to figure it out how to do well and get the divorce or better the annulment and it did work.

But I was very lucky he left after hitting me, breaking the door and his 2 women ordering him to be back to his children. I was lucky he left yet I wasn't prepared at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, MeAlone said:

decided to do what needs to be done, researching, learning and telling to myself to try to do it the best way,

This is what I mean by preparation.  Whether you did it in advance or reactively, you did it. :thumbs: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.