NY_BX

New Jersey man falls into coma, wakes up in Poland: growing phenomenon in which uninsured immigrants are deported by U.S. hospitals

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Also seems he has someone to take care of him now, he's no longer homeless. We did him a favor....would you rather see him living on the streets or in his home country with someone looking after him?

Edited by destiny64

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

But was this man illegal? after 30 yrs...article did not say that...I think human to human its wrong

if he was legal paid SS & tax then fell on hard times and discarded like garbage by a hospital, if

he was unconscious how could they have talked to him...wow

This article says he is illegal http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/polish-immigrant-deported-n-hospital-crippling-stroke-article-1.1382505

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

One of the major components of travel insurance is repatriation costs.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think the hospitals should do more to deport illegal aliens that show up for care.

I don't always agree with the posts that I read from Darnell, but he is right on with this one. I was told by a friend (so unsure how true) that there is an undocumented guy from Mexico that crosses over to NV to receive his dialysis treatment (for free) and then goes back home. This is another area where our system is broken.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is common for pregnant Mexicans to come across the border in Texas and Arizona just to deliver their babies at our expense! Then the baby is US Citizen. Now mother goes back and we foot the bill. Some even go as far as appling for WIC to receive benefits for the child.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Other countries have no problem deporting illegal immigrants, why does the US? Other countries also make it much more difficult for people to enter in the first place. AOS isn't allowed in other countries for people who enter on visitor and non-immigrants visas. Why do we allow it? So many people say they never intended to marry before entering on their visitor visas, work visas ect, when they are engaged or dating a US citizen before they enter. I understand it may be true for some, but I just don;t believe it for most. I don't think AOS should be allowed for anyone, get in line with everyone else, go through the system and wait your turn. I know a lot of people aren't going to like what I just said, but I can guarantee I am not the only member here that thinks this way. Just so tired of hearing about people who are illegal and sucking our country dry, and people who use loopholes to their advantage in order to stay. Every time I turn around my taxes are going up, and myself and my family get nothing in return. I have not had medical insurance for 3 years, I fall into the group of people who doesn't qualify for medicaid because I am told I earn too much, yet I cannot afford to pay for private insurance. I have 3 autoimmune diseases, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome, all of which require constant medical care and monitoring by my doctors, I cannot afford to see my doctors or pay for the medications to treat my conditions because I need to put food on the table. If I were illegal I wouldn't have a problem getting medicaid, or food stamps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Other countries have no problem deporting illegal immigrants, why does the US? Other countries also make it much more difficult for people to enter in the first place. AOS isn't allowed in other countries for people who enter on visitor and non-immigrants visas. Why do we allow it? So many people say they never intended to marry before entering on their visitor visas, work visas ect, when they are engaged or dating a US citizen before they enter. I understand it may be true for some, but I just don;t believe it for most. I don't think AOS should be allowed for anyone, get in line with everyone else, go through the system and wait your turn. I know a lot of people aren't going to like what I just said, but I can guarantee I am not the only member here that thinks this way. Just so tired of hearing about people who are illegal and sucking our country dry, and people who use loopholes to their advantage in order to stay. Every time I turn around my taxes are going up, and myself and my family get nothing in return. I have not had medical insurance for 3 years, I fall into the group of people who doesn't qualify for medicaid because I am told I earn too much, yet I cannot afford to pay for private insurance. I have 3 autoimmune diseases, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome, all of which require constant medical care and monitoring by my doctors, I cannot afford to see my doctors or pay for the medications to treat my conditions because I need to put food on the table. If I were illegal I wouldn't have a problem getting medicaid, or food stamps.

because of low income and no insurance, you may qualify for free drug from drug companies. Contact the companies. Enbrel, Remicade, Humira, etc have good patient assistance programs.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you are illegal, you should be deported. Further no matter what they do in the immigration legal system they should go to the back of the line and complete USC applications first.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

If I had no insurance, I'd rather wake up in an Italian hospital at no cost rather than waking up in a California hospital with a $200K bill to pay.

It is so upsetting to see half of my check, HALF, in taxes, so that others can live here illegally. Good for the hospital.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

It is even more upsetting to see the illegals going on street protests demanding more rights in this country, which they broke the law to enter, obtain work, welfare, and free schooling.

So good for the hospitals to send the illegals home.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Children born in the US.

Broken system allows them to claim US Citizenship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.