*C&C*

Wedding venue booked - need visa within 10 weeks of NOA2. Help!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

uugghhh let just hope/pray it will happen. but to be honest it all depend when exactly u will get your interview date, plus if they approved it right in that spot or they might put your case for AP..who knows??

then they still need to issue your visa...some other embassy takes forever.

oh well let just cross finger hoping your dreams come true.

congrats on your upcoming wedding and goodluck for the rest of your journey!!!

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

In france you can expect to get your interview about 2 months after NOA2 so idk how your embassy works but it could be possible

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Do not make any wedding plans until you have the visa in hand. Simple. Otherwise you will be in the edge of a heart attack if things don't go as you planned. Embassies usually advise that applicants should not make any travel arrangements, etc until you have the visa in the passport and the passport in hand.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We booked a venue for July, but we got our NOA2 in January, so a little more realistic, we also made sure with the venue that we would be able to change the date one time if necessary, luckily we didn't need to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We had our NOA2 less than a month ago. Call the imigration to make sure they have your case and send it to your country right away. I had my medical exam before I have my packet 3. When I schedule my medical exam, we recieve our case number. After that, the embassy in Jakarta have our case. Less than 1 month we got our interview date after NOA2.

I think if you move fast and prepare everything well, they will do your case as soon as possible.

Goodluck and never stop calling or send them email, I believe they will help you if you prepare everything earlier.

Originally we were going to decide on a date as soon as we got our NOA2 but after reading this im thinking I may wait until the interview is scheduled before we decide a date. Leaving it till Visa in Hand is way too late and wed rather run the risk of having to move it than have 99% of the the UK family not be able to come because its too late notice

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Kind VisaJourney friends, here's our situation:

If at all possible, we want to get married in Columbus, Ohio on August 9th. (The venue's booked; all the key people from both families can be there for that date; some have already booked tickets; we've been praying for that date for a long time).

We received our NOA 2 on 15th May.

If we can get the visa granted by the end of July, it would be a dream come true.

Mainly we want to know:

How can we maximise our chances of making this happen in time??

Also, is this so risky, that we should cancel this wedding date right now?

Thank you everyone :-)

Christian and Cammy

(Sydney & Columbus)

Do you have your case number from NVC yet? You still have some probability of that happening, but almost everything depends on Sydney Embassy now. My visa was issued exactly a month after NOA2. My Embassy is a fast working one and I had everything ready for the interview in advance. And me and my Fiance had a date booked for our wedding, but no deposits made. So it's not impossible, but you have to take into consideration several factors. Personally, I knew things would start moving fast for me once we get NOA2, but Embassies make colossal difference. Make sure you have paperwork ready on your part first. Good luck! rose.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a heads up, it took longer from NOA2 to Visa in hand than from NOA1 to NOA2. So the embassy can take way longer than USCIS.

Always very risky to make plans until visa is in hand. Hopefully it will work out for you, but always beware that things need to be flexible.

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Some embassies slow down during the summer months,staff have vacation etc. So maybe move that wedding another month or so?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

I see this as the number one thing not to do here on visa journey. We reveived our NOA2 over 2 months ago, and still have almost 3 months until our embassy interview. i would say TOOOO risky... you also never know what will happen at interview stage. Good Luck!

Kind VisaJourney friends, here's our situation:

If at all possible, we want to get married in Columbus, Ohio on August 9th. (The venue's booked; all the key people from both families can be there for that date; some have already booked tickets; we've been praying for that date for a long time).

We received our NOA 2 on 15th May.

If we can get the visa granted by the end of July, it would be a dream come true.

Mainly we want to know:

How can we maximise our chances of making this happen in time??

Also, is this so risky, that we should cancel this wedding date right now?

Thank you everyone :-)

Christian and Cammy

(Sydney & Columbus)

Filed: Other Timeline

They will not expsdite to accommodate peoples

personal plans because every potential immigrant

is forewarned, sending them your plans will change nothing,

not to be negative just factual ok, so get all the check-

list things that will be need and pray...,best wishes

Too bad you are not going thru the Kazakhstani Consulate in Almaty. They scheduled the interview for two weeks after receiving the case from NVC which due to the medical situation and my wife's work, we had to reschedule twice. It was still only a month and she had her visa. So you would make it with plenty of time.

I do not understand how anybody can make plans before the visa is issued. Typically the visa is good for about 6 months after it is issued and then you have 3 months to get married after arriving. That is almost 9 months to plan and excute a wedding. You could even attend Catholic wedding classes before having a church wedding. So why on Earth would anybody risk putting down a large non-refundable deposit on a place that has less than a 50-50 chance of being used when planned. You might as well use that money to buy lottery tickets--IMHO about the same odds.

I really hope it works out for you and you get your visa in time. I suppose you could still come to the US and use the venue for a party just so you do not loose all that money (Please note I did not say anything about a wedding, I said party). I am so paranoid about visa issues that I did not book our flight to Kazakhstan this summer until I had my visa from the Embassy in Washing DC and this would be my third, but they could deny me for some reason.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I really hope it works out for you and you get your visa in time. I suppose you could still come to the US and use the venue for a party just so you do not loose all that money (Please note I did not say anything about a wedding, I said party). I am so paranoid about visa issues that I did not book our flight to Kazakhstan this summer until I had my visa from the Embassy in Washing DC and this would be my third, but they could deny me for some reason.

Good luck,

Dave

Dave, I would't call that being paranoid, I would call that wise!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.