GandD

Pros and Cons of VJ site upgrade

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Ok widened the left panel and also slightly reduced the font size on the posts. Please see if that helped.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

What changes did you make. Would be happy to consider new items :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any way we can tone down all of this rather overwhelming 'whiteness' in the background of the forum posts? I do find that it lliterally hurts my eyes if I have to spend any time on the site. There needs to be more demarkation of white spaces.

Also, I don't know if this is an option, but is there any way a user can set a default 'font' size just for their own use of the site? The text is also really small and for me it gets lost in that big sea of whiteness. If i can increase the size for my personal viewing that might help the heavy overload of white space issue. Don't get me wrong - I love pastels! But sometimes they work best when there are brighter, accent colours or hues in use too smile.png .

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

'About me' section is g o n e - no it's not

'Notes' section is g o n e - didn't realise that.. that suck. I had heaps of notes/links :S

You can no longer identify the threads you have posted in. There used to be a different icon, now nothing. I used to follow up on threads based on that.

Pro: lovely green color when you mouse over something a topic.

I usually follow up by going to New Content, then on the left select "items I participated in".

I don't like that the Notes have gone. I had common links in there with explanations about what they were :(

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Any way we can tone down all of this rather overwhelming 'whiteness' in the background of the forum posts? I do find that it lliterally hurts my eyes if I have to spend any time on the site. There needs to be more demarkation of white spaces.

Also, I don't know if this is an option, but is there any way a user can set a default 'font' size just for their own use of the site? The text is also really small and for me it gets lost in that big sea of whiteness. If i can increase the size for my personal viewing that might help the heavy overload of white space issue. Don't get me wrong - I love pastels! But sometimes they work best when there are brighter, accent colours or hues in use too smile.png .

I couldn't nail it down, but you are exactly right. The font and extra whiteness gives me eye strain. I realize I am squinting the whole time on VJ to cope. I think the font must be smaller, thinner or something.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I think the font is smaller and the spaces in between are larger. It's seems like 1.5 space instead of 1 and 3 space instead of 2 between paragraphs.

Like this.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I couldn't nail it down, but you are exactly right. The font and extra whiteness gives me eye strain. I realize I am squinting the whole time on VJ to cope. I think the font must be smaller, thinner or something.

It is shockingly bright, isn't it?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, I had some eyeball issues after the upgrade, wrote up my own custom css to fix it. grrr !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya, I had some eyeball issues after the upgrade, wrote up my own custom css to fix it. grrr !

Can you show me what changes you made to the css script?

Can you take a screen shot and point some arrows to where the problem areas are (small text, white space, etc.)?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm, it just told me I am not allowed to use that medium on this site so I am not sure how to do a screen shot here.

Basically, just take a look at the overall forum posts - everything is so pale in the background that it is virtually white. The line that separates one post from another post is a very pale blue and everything that follows is also bright white. The white with the pale blue which reinforces the white just makes the brightness overwhelming.

The text is really small - it appears to be 10 point with 8 point for the rest. If the backgrounds or even the wide border on the left with profile information in it could at least be coloured so the whole block wasn't white, it would break up the vast plain of white space and make a more contained response area

If printed text could be defaulted to a larger size, that would be much easier to read. (like this)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No Cap'n, sorry - is my custom stuff. mines is mines. (alas )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hmm, it just told me I am not allowed to use that medium on this site so I am not sure how to do a screen shot here.

Basically, just take a look at the overall forum posts - everything is so pale in the background that it is virtually white. The line that separates one post from another post is a very pale blue and everything that follows is also bright white. The white with the pale blue which reinforces the white just makes the brightness overwhelming.

The text is really small - it appears to be 10 point with 8 point for the rest. If the backgrounds or even the wide border on the left with profile information in it could at least be coloured so the whole block wasn't white, it would break up the vast plain of white space and make a more contained response area

If printed text could be defaulted to a larger size, that would be much easier to read. (like this)

How about now? I increased the font size in the posts.

Timeline

I added back a darker line (was on the old site) between posts. Hopefully this helps separate them better :).