GandD

Pros and Cons of VJ site upgrade

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you. For whatever reason I dont see it. Maybe because im using a smartphone not a regular computer

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Con: New version has taken away the text editor (bold, color, bullets, indent) when using an IPad. Full website version is what I use, not mobile. I can manually type in , :smile: :, [/indent] but that is a pain involving three keyboard changes. And I have no clue the whole string that would be required for inserting a picture, link, etc. I miss those things.

Pro: When I view "My Content" to see if there are additional posts in something I have commented on, the ones with new posts are bold. If I've already read the latest, it's not bold. Very helpful.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

A white box for items I have posted in magically appeared just now.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You have to sign out frequently to see the changes. I couldn't see the new logo yesterday until I did that.

OMG where did the runners go? I didn't even notice it until I read your post.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OMG where did the runners go? I didn't even notice it until I read your post.

they ran away!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

they ran away!

Maybe the border patrol agents caught them???

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Other people lost their avatars while some of us who did not suddenly got what seem to be black borders around our avatars. huh.png

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Other people lost their avatars while some of us who did not suddenly got what seem to be black borders around our avatars. huh.png

Evidently, they were not conforming to the new format. You could reload the image to get rid of the black border.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

they ran away!

They made it!! Prepare to see a new thread "APPROVED!!!!!!!!1" by little runner guy

(the 1 was on purpose)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The look-and-feel does not have enough contrast so my eyes are quite uncomfortable. All the colors are very light.

Just like the major makeover a few years back, I think I'll get used to this new design eventually.

I wonder if the Ewok would make huge changes to VJ every 2-3 years. sleepy.gif

I agree with this. Also, the writing seems to be too expanded. I like the more condensed version. I would skim the topics with less scrolling. I had to put on my glasses for the new layout!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I agree with this. Also, the writing seems to be too expanded. I like the more condensed version. I would skim the topics with less scrolling. I had to put on my glasses for the new layout!

Can you go into more details on what you mean by expanded and more scrolling? Thanks :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can you go into more details on what you mean by expanded and more scrolling? Thanks smile.png.

I dunno if I can explain it without sounding like a dunce.

Before the site was changed, the print was smaller. I was able to read a complete post without having to scroll down the page as I do now. Things are wider.

I guess it's akin to starting your computer in Safe Mode where the resolution is huge and your eyes are all over the place.