GaganGoel

How to send pictures with my I-130

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ community,

I am planning to send 40 pictures with my I-130 as a proof of bonafide marraige. 2 pictures stapled on a white sheet of paper. 20 papers in total. Next to each photo, I will write date and place it was taken, people in the pics.

Is this fine? or is there a better way of sending pictures?

Thanks,

Gagan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

40 pics is too much. Just attach 4-5 pics. you can PIN those photos with your I-130 form. Remember, I 130 goes to uscis and uscis does not ask for pics. I attached just 4 pics and it was good enough. Later on when you submit AOS to NVC you may send them a few more pics. But to answer your questions, uscis and nvc does not ask for photos. They just collect the document, verify them and schedile interview. When you go for an actual interview that is when you will show them your photo album.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There is nothing wrong with front loading a I-130 packet.

While the instructions do not "specifically" state to provide pictures, they state to provide additional support of your bonafide relationship which includes pictures.

My only suggestion would be to print them 2-4 per page to cut down on the weight. If you can.

My thought is better safe than sorry.

There is no harm done in sending the pics other than maybe paying a bit additional in shipping.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

honestly i just printed mine out on regular old paper...i found it easier to type the information, and that way i didn´t have to worry about stapling or gluing the pics. also the overall weight of your package is smaller. i got approved no problem.

imho, i don´t think there is a specific format they really care about, i think whatever is easiest for you to send and thinking about what is easiest for them to review and archive.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I also just printed the ones out on plain paper. If you want to do 40 go right ahead, but I wouldn't do too many of the same event/day. Try and really vary the photos and show ones that also include family. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJ community,

I am planning to send 40 pictures with my I-130 as a proof of bonafide marraige. 2 pictures stapled on a white sheet of paper. 20 papers in total. Next to each photo, I will write date and place it was taken, people in the pics.

Is this fine? or is there a better way of sending pictures?

Thanks,

Gagan

Tough embassies nothing wrong with 40 pics. However someone has to get your whole packet and scan it. They can't just feed stapled papers into the feeder. Your pics on regular printer paper is fine. Just scan like 2 per page. that way your whole packet is a nice stack and Sally the rep will be so thrilled she doesn't have to undue or pull apart anything.

One thing many have to realize you are not guaranteed to show or asked anything at an interview. Many CO's say "the interview is not the time to present evidence". We aren't K1's. There mind is made up you have to know that, so don't you want your best and strongest evidence in the hands of the CO?

Why people say don't send this and that is beyond me when this petition will be the very thing in the hands of the CO days, weeks, before an interview. Do you really want to take a chance and have in your hands the very thing that could change a denial into a approval?

I have read too many times people say "The CO wouldn't even look at what I brought or my SO brought to interview and what the CO needed was right in the interviewee's possession".

Just food for thought. Sorry for rant just get tired eople thinking all Embassies and people are being treated equally when we know better thats not the case.

It never hurts to front-load. We are not a VWP we are not UK and Canada.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say send as many photos as you want, as the photos are being used as secondary evidence of a bonafide marriage.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

:thumbs: to the above 2 posts.

I may be dealing with easy peasy canada, but no matter how many people told me it was overkill, I still sent 42 pics.

Granted they were printed on only 7 pieces of paper, but still.

I'm not going to assume everything will be fine with just a few.

I'd rather overkill and avoid issues in the future.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I may be dealing with easy peasy canada, but no matter how many people told me it was overkill, I still sent 42 pics.

:thumbs: LOL at easy peasy Canada (we love ya'll Canadians). But people have to understand everybody has their own case to prove. Some may say for me why send so much IM's and text. Well there's an age gap and although there is one I am a BBM, WhastApp, IMing, Texting fool. The CO needs to see this although ummm I am older I am quite techy savvy. They may not even think like that but heck this is a stranger that I am trying to convince and show that me and my husband have a real bonafide marriage despite our age difference. So if a million pics and emails and IM's and texting proves that by God I will do it.

My petition was 219 pages with 26 difference pieces of evidence. My NVC DS-230 package is 900 pages with two photobooks I made (one 96 pages, one 31 pages). All they can say is OMG, WTH. hehe. But they WILL know me for real.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I concede that 42 is a lot for Canada. Our I-129F was approved with just 2 photos and we only sent 2 this time. Although, I am slightly anticipating a RFE for bonafide marriage for the I-130. :luv: We actually didn't really have more than a couple of photos of us until after we sent the I-130. We are not picture people. :blush:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I sent a ####### ton of pics (about 100 I think)......

I printed them on whole sheets of photo paper about 9 per sheet, and organized them into groups for each visit I made to China. They asked for evidence.... I gave it to them. Hahahaha

If they want to see more during the interview then we have thousands to bore them with. I figured I would err on the side of giving them more than they wanted.

Timeline

I concede that 42 is a lot for Canada. Our I-129F was approved with just 2 photos and we only sent 2 this time. Although, I am slightly anticipating a RFE for bonafide marriage for the I-130. :luv: We actually didn't really have more than a couple of photos of us until after we sent the I-130. We are not picture people. :blush:

I know what you mean. My husband refuses to take pictures with me.

I think many of the 42 were wedding pictures (which was the biggest overkill) and then the rest were simple 1 shots of us that I had to procure from random family members.

Mostly us in the background or candid shots that people were not intentionally taking of just us.

I also provided single pictures of us from before our marriage that had us both holding our dog because we no couple pictures then.

My biggest lax part of my pics was that staples did a HORRID job printing them and they were all VERY dark.

It was at THAT point that I said "screw it, we're canada, they won't care" :lol:

Edited by KDubovik

oldlady.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I printed pictures out on regular paper. Not counting wedding pictures, the number of pictures I submitted was in the 60's.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

A lot of pictures for us too!

Only one or 2 per event, and we tried to have pictures of several months for each year of your relationship.

At the back of each photo, I wrote the date and place and I put all of them in an envelope.

I guess seeing us get "older" on the pictures might be a good evidence of the strength of our relationship. ;-)

If I need to do it again for NCV, I will!

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.