GaganGoel

How to send pictures with my I-130

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the number of pictures is really up to you, but stapling them 2 per page having 20 pages is too much. I literally sent about 15 pics, put the case number on the back of the pictures, no dates, no decsription on them, and put them inside a clear baggie and attached it to the back of the petition with a paper clip.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

40 pics is too much. Just attach 4-5 pics. you can PIN those photos with your I-130 form. Remember, I 130 goes to uscis and uscis does not ask for pics. I attached just 4 pics and it was good enough. Later on when you submit AOS to NVC you may send them a few more pics. But to answer your questions, uscis and nvc does not ask for photos. They just collect the document, verify them and schedile interview. When you go for an actual interview that is when you will show them your photo album.

this is not necessarily true. I attended the interview with my husband and we were not asked for one single piece of additional supporting evidence or pictures. Each consulate and each CO is different, and what they do or don't ask for varies. I don;t think 40 pictures is too much, especially if their relationship spans many years. And sending pics to the USCIS with the petition is a VERY smart idea!!!!!!!!

Edited by mimolicious

Hi VJ community,

I am planning to send 40 pictures with my I-130 as a proof of bonafide marraige. 2 pictures stapled on a white sheet of paper. 20 papers in total. Next to each photo, I will write date and place it was taken, people in the pics.

Is this fine? or is there a better way of sending pictures?

Thanks,

Gagan

I guess everyone's case is a little different. If you are one who went to another country and married someone and then returned to the USA a month later then you do not have much proof to send them so pictures may help although they are not asked for.

I only sent the 2x2s asked for as far as photos but I think my case is different from most on the blog. I lived in the Philippines for almost 3 years and now just returned to the USA so we have joint bank account statements, notarized rental agreement in both names, letters from people notarized that state they know for sure and give details of accounts of us living together. Copies of my passport showing that I never left the Philippines until last week and other evidence.

I also used Rapid Visa and they prepare everything properly the first time and it is an online service although I went to their Manila office and they were great. They prepare all documents to the end when the visa is stamped and they have a support line so if you have a thousand questions they will properly answer all of them. The service for I-130 is $400.00 but they know all the answers.

I read most letters on here and share your pain but we must wait until our turn comes and it will. The last thing I wanted to do is leave my wife there but I want to work again and prepare for that very special day that we are all looking forward to.

So again do what makes you feel better but try to get the proper documents that are asked for on the I-130 instructions and good luck to all VJers.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ community! :)

My first post here; have been a silent spectator so far. All of you guys are doing an amazing job! Wish I'd joined earlier.

My question is, What if someone like me did not send any photographs/joint bank acc/insurance documents with their application? My lawyer applied on our behalf, and he never spoke about any additional evidence required( Among the other things that he never mentioned).

What if you just sent a plain boring application, with the forms and a marriage certificate?

Is there anything you can do later? I already have my fingerprinting scheduled for 12/18.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello VJ community! :)

My first post here; have been a silent spectator so far. All of you guys are doing an amazing job! Wish I'd joined earlier.

My question is, What if someone like me did not send any photographs/joint bank acc/insurance documents with their application? My lawyer applied on our behalf, and he never spoke about any additional evidence required( Among the other things that he never mentioned).

What if you just sent a plain boring application, with the forms and a marriage certificate?

Is there anything you can do later? I already have my fingerprinting scheduled for 12/18.

Hi! This is a thread about the I-130 for spouses who have yet to enter the US. You best ask your questions in the Adjustment of Status sub forum. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi! This is a thread about the I-130 for spouses who have yet to enter the US. You best ask your questions in the Adjustment of Status sub forum. :thumbs:

Ooops! Didn't notice that. Lemme re-post it on the AOS forum.

Goodluck to you! :D

There is no magic number of "too much". You submit the proof YOU feel you need to submit to show that you have a genuine, bona fide, real relationship with your spouse. Any and all evidence you feel is necessary to prove this to a person who either a) doesn't care or b) doesn't believe you. In MENA countries, you'd best believe in B, especially if you have any red flags. Same with other countries with high fraud rates. Send all the proof you need. It's better, IMHO, to send too much and not need it, then not send it, need it and be asked to provide (which you may not be able to to because you were lax about it) or be denied.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

To the OP: I agree that printing out the photos, with a few per page of regular printer paper, will save you shipping and also will save the USCIS time. It doesn't hurt to have those originals, but in a digital age, unless you're from an underdeveloped country, I suspect they don't expect actual photographs.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gagan...

It is only my opinion but if you are really going to be involved with the consulate from India and not Armenia as it states on your timeline, then 40 is not too much but ...

I would love to suggest something that helped me.

When you get to the NVC send all your secondary evidence including photos as others adviced.

And If you are in the U.S. which I assume you are petitioning from here, check out Walmart's photo section and click on the collage products*collage prints. I condensed so many of my photos into simple 8X10 pages... this way it came out as a nice presentation of our four years of my visits, wedding ceremony and travels together...without being too heavy or seeming as overkill.

Good Luck

event.png

event.png

I used walmart photo. They have a photo collage feature that allows you to put multiple photos on one 8x10 and you can add text to the page. It is very affordable.

17-Dec-11 Met my wife for first time

24-Jul-12 - Married in Philippines, Honeymoon in Hong Kong

20-Sep-12 - Return to Philippines for visit/Medical/finish up i-130

2-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)

3-Oct-12 - Received at Phoenix Lockbox

09-Oct-12- NOA1 email/SMS : I-130 transferred to NBC

12-Dec-12 - File appeared in Case status

25-Dec-12 - Returned to Philippines for Christmas and New Years

4-Jan-13- Learned my file was transferred to local office on Nov 27

17-Jan-13- I-130 Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

the most important thing about photos is the context...with a lot of different people (hopefully family), different places, different seasons, doing different things, etc.

when i assembled our package we had only been together 16 months (married 1), so i jus tpicked the most meaningful moments i could think of (trips, xmas, bdays, etc.). for the wedding i only included 1 with the judge, 1 with our fams, and 1 with our witnessess who had also signed affidavits for us.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.