is he lying or is the USCIS messed up?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow!! how can you assume this merely because it didn't happen to you. Our petition was submitted in March, complete with G-1145 form. We didn't receive an NOA1, and the check wasn't cashed till May. By then, we were frantic. It has taken some unravelling but it appears that our petition was split up and sent to several places. It HAPPENS !!!!!!!

OP, do not assume that your USC partner is at fault. Get them to follow up and ask to speak to a Tier 2 person at USCIS. There are several other people that have posted recently that didn't get an NOA1, the system is in a mess.

Best of luck... don't automatically doubt your fiance. Also, the Case Status is unreliable. In many cases the status never leaves INITIAL REVIEW. Updating of this is not a priority and many people have been approved and beyond and their status has never changed from Initial review. By all means check with USCIS with a Tier 2 person before accepting what you have been told on this thread. Believe me, its not unusual for this to happen... best with your process.. (F)

Well, Hmm. I'll answer for this. Maybe because the date of initial review is when the packet was received at the Texas Lockbox, not at the service center. The dates on my case : DEC 27 received. DEC 29 the NOA1 was sent from VSC. And the last action on the website about my case was DEC 30. The date of the initial review provided on the website is 2 days before the NOA1 date which means the date Texas Lockbox received it and scanned things into their system. DEC 30 is when they cashed the check. I sent the G-1135 form too, but only for email and I never got one when they received it. I had to set it up via their website. It's the service centers that have a huge time delay. Not the lockbox facility. I bet your case that you are trying to use as a basis, even tho you didnt receive an NOA1 to provide you with the case number until May, the USCIS site still stated it was received sometime in March when you initially sent it in. Correct?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I can't imagine him lying if he wants to get married to you.

02-25-2011: First Met

07-21-2011: Started Dating

01-01-2012: Engaged

02-15-2012: I-129F Sent

02-21-2012: NOA1

02-23-2012: NOA1 Hardcopy

08-31-2012: AFTER 193 DAYS APPROVED!!

09-07-2012: NOA2 Hardcopy

09-10-2012: NVC assigned AMS Case number

09-18-2012: Consulate received case

09-20-2012: Packet 3 received

09-21-2012: Packet 3 sent

09-27-2012: Packet 4 received

10-11-2012: Medical

10-23-2012: interview

10-30-2012: POE

10-31-2012: City Hall wedding

11-10-2012: WEDDING!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

unfortunetely, it is NOA1 for sure. it shows "initial review" on the status and says, "On August 23, 2012, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case..."

my fiance said he's going to call USCIS tomorrow when I mentioned it this morning.

we'll see how it turns out...

thank you for suggesting the possibilty though.

At this point it doesn't matter when he mailed it. It shows that NOA1 was received on August 23rd. Period. You both can call all you want, but the petition is being processed, so you all just need to wait. Is not like USCIS can go back in time and change the NOA1 date. The only possible thing is for them to accelerate the process of your case for a NOA2, IF INDEED the packet sat in Texas all this time.

Not to be rude to the OP or anyone else, but, please follow instructions diligently so things like this don't happen. It says to mail it with a confirmation delivery. Simply do that.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Where would he get a physical address to hand deliver to Texas lockbox and then to be told to put postage on it anyway???

When did you meet? How long after you met did you get engaged? When did you decide to file your petition? It seems like your fiance wanted more time to understand who he was petitioning to marry, he didn't have the funds to file the petition in March, or he was absolutely unsure about the process. Did he pay through a personal check or a money order? If through personal check he should be able to show you when the check cleared his bank acct. If through money order he should still have the receipt from purchase. Either way, seems like you have some trust issues and it's not good to enter a marriage not trusting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

he submitted at the office desk of Texas lock box in person. (because he's living close there)

so it is possible though that they didn't route to USCIS right away...sigh

Naw, I think he just submitted it in Aug. I sent mine around that time and got a NOA1 about a week after they received the packet

You will never know the truth unless he reveals otherwise. Because he delivered it by hand, he added an extra hand involved in the process. For all you know, the front desk left it sitting there and only realized it months later. Perhaps they just put it in the outgoing mail, and it got sent back for not enough postage. Anything could have gone wrong. If he can prove that he delivered it in March, I believe the case can get expedited for an error on their part. It's a subtle way to ask him for proof (unless he is reading this site...then the jig is up!). There was also an article earlier this year stating that there was an issue sending out NOA1s, for all you know you fell into that and they didn't catch it. There is really no way to know.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I know...I'm just afraid that I might hurt his feelings for doubting him,

if he actually submitted in March. So I decided to ask everyone's opinions/experiences

in this forum to have general idea of this matter before I go ask him.

The case status function of the USCIS website is notoriously unreliable.

If you have a doubt as to the date he filed then you should ask him directly.

Only way you will know is to ask him.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Wow!! how can you assume this merely because it didn't happen to you. Our petition was submitted in March, complete with G-1145 form. We didn't receive an NOA1, and the check wasn't cashed till May. By then, we were frantic. It has taken some unravelling but it appears that our petition was split up and sent to several places. It HAPPENS !!!!!!!

OP, do not assume that your USC partner is at fault. Get them to follow up and ask to speak to a Tier 2 person at USCIS. There are several other people that have posted recently that didn't get an NOA1, the system is in a mess.

Best of luck... don't automatically doubt your fiance. Also, the Case Status is unreliable. In many cases the status never leaves INITIAL REVIEW. Updating of this is not a priority and many people have been approved and beyond and their status has never changed from Initial review. By all means check with USCIS with a Tier 2 person before accepting what you have been told on this thread. Believe me, its not unusual for this to happen... best with your process.. (F)

Valid Point!! OP, I would definitely inquire with USCIS at this point. Atleast to clear your mind!!

Good luck to You!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok... so if you go to the www.uscis.gov website and type in the receipt number, since yours in VSC, your receipt number will be something with EAC in front of it. After you submit it, you'll go to the status page and have a message like this...

On February 23, 2012, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

The wording is extremely clear. The date it says, is when they received your petition. Hope that helps!

EDIT: Just noticed a second page already on this subject, so the info i provided was redundant.. sorry.

Edited by Jordan and Sarah

event.png

02/21/2012: I-129F Sent

02/23/2012: I-129F Delivered

02/24/2012: I-129F NOA1

XX/XX/XXXX: I-129F NOA2

XX/XX/XXXX: NVC Received

XX/XX/XXXX: NVC Left

XX/XX/XXXX: Consulate Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 3 Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 3 Sent

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 4 Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Interview Date

XX/XX/XXXX: Interview Result

XX/XX/XXXX: Visa Received

XX/XX/XXXX: US Entry

XX/XX/XXXX: Marriage

Hello:

It's my understanding, that you're looking for advice or reasons to believe him or not.

It is possible that he hand delivered the packet to a loction where he was told they would take care of it. Maybe they took such packet and forgot to forward it or worse yet, kept it on the corner just because (There are evil people in this world that would do that and more).

Point is: There are endless possibilities as to what could have happened to the packet if he hand delivered it to a loction, and then again, maybe he mailed the packet in August and is just lying to you. Relationships are built on trust., If you can not trust that the course of events is as he has told you then it's my opinion (everyone knows what it's said about opinions) that you will not have a healthy and lasting relationship with that person.

I'll conclude with what you already know: No matter what anyone tells you, the final decision as to what you should do is yours and yours alone.

Good luck on your journey

event.png

"The Choices We Make, Dictate The Lives We Lead"

bHqcm4.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

This is the person that you are going to marry. You should be able to ask him if he really submitted it or not.

I can't imagine him lying if he wants to get married to you.

Man to Man is so unjust, sometimes.

The case status function of the USCIS website is notoriously unreliable.

If you have a doubt as to the date he filed then you should ask him directly.

Only way you will know is to ask him.

Maybe he was embarrassed because he didn't have enough money at that time and didn't want to admit it. I know sometimes men feel pressured to be the "provider" and depending on his (and your) cultures, maybe he didn't want to admit that at the time, he was financially unable to file.

Or, maybe he just wasn't quite ready to file and didn't want to hurt YOUR feelings so he stalled a bit.

Whatever the real reason is, he's filed it now and you can either move forward together or you can confront him with your doubts.

Good luck with everything.

Is there a trust issue? just ask him, in everything at times there R errors & glitches

that we have to set aside , have he lied to U B4, is this a pushy deal....relax things will fall in place

no one can say he lied, we dont know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

1) You cannot hand-deliver application. This is a lock box and by definition you have o mail it. This is impossible.

2) There is no way he mailed it or delivered it in March. If it gets lost it is lost. Period. I am sure if he hand delivered it in March and wanted you to be here ASAP he would inquire why it is not processed.

3) It does not matter anymore. However, I would ask myself why he did this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.