is he lying or is the USCIS messed up?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

SInce this involves another persons life also, I involved my Fiancee in every step of the journey.

On the day I mailed the petition I posted a copy of the USPS track thingie on her FaceBook. When I received NOA1 I did the same thing and also for NOA2.

I've always said that this is not just a romantic escapade, some of us who have been married before also knows that this is a business escapade and needs to be dealt with seriously.

OP, not sure what you decide to do but at the least you should request that your Fiance keeps you informed verbally and also by copies of all future hapenings in this journey.

There was another post like this about a month or two ago.

yes it is possible they messed it up somehow. well, he said he handed in person, but he was asked to put the documents in the envelope and even put a postage stamp on it. so technically it was the same as you submitted via mail.

hhhhmmm kinda sound fishy?????????? he handed it??? where??? at the PO BOX address???? even walk in are NOT ALLOWED...to go the there physical address.

here's a link that someone already ask if hand delivering of I-129F is possible...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/160018-hand-deliver-i-129f/

well if you really wanted to know...call the USCIS customer service...they will tell you EXACTLY when they got the package..

anyhow, if he file this late maybe he has some reason...(not enough money).

or maybe, he still have a doubt in the relationship...who knows??? talked to him.

but to be honest it doesn't matter when he file that....if you really love him or he loves you....you guys will take ALL the risk....even the distance will not matter...as long that you guys are still there for each other....first of all to begin with...without trust and honesty in the relationship....it is indeed a recipe for disaster...just saying...goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Wow!! how can you assume this merely because it didn't happen to you. Our petition was submitted in March, complete with G-1145 form. We didn't receive an NOA1, and the check wasn't cashed till May. By then, we were frantic. It has taken some unravelling but it appears that our petition was split up and sent to several places. It HAPPENS !!!!!!!

OP, do not assume that your USC partner is at fault. Get them to follow up and ask to speak to a Tier 2 person at USCIS. There are several other people that have posted recently that didn't get an NOA1, the system is in a mess.

Best of luck... don't automatically doubt your fiance. Also, the Case Status is unreliable. In many cases the status never leaves INITIAL REVIEW. Updating of this is not a priority and many people have been approved and beyond and their status has never changed from Initial review. By all means check with USCIS with a Tier 2 person before accepting what you have been told on this thread. Believe me, its not unusual for this to happen... best with your process.. (F)

but him saying he hand deliver the package a proof that his goofyin...walk in are not allowed at the dallas texas :bonk:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/160018-hand-deliver-i-129f/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would believe my Fiancé more than I trust my Government, if these Government people would have to work for private industry, they all would be out of a job. The only Government that works is the IRS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sure he had his reasons for sending it in late.....but he needs to come clean with you. You are going to eventually marry ..and even then life is not perfect but honesty(no matter how bad it is) ...is a MUST.

Good luck...you are filed for for sure now! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I can honestly say that there are many variabes in this situation and it could be that USCIS messed up. It could be that he procrastinated and mailed late but was too embarassed to admit it to you. it could also be that he was short on cash and couldn't afford the application fee at the time. my fiancee and i have been through many trials and arguments over all of this process because it is very stressful on both parties. First of all you should trust the person you are going to marry above all else. Also, you need to hold his feet to the fire and communicate as much as possible. I actually got on skype with my fiancee and went page by page on our packet and evidence until she was satisfied and then i mailed it and gave her a confirmation so she could track it with me. This whole process is lengthy and wears heavy on the relationship and anything you two can do to work on this together will keep you guys together and make both of you feel more in control over the process. Good luck to you both and remember that honesty, trust and communication are paramount to surviving this and once you are married this will all be a distant memory so don't do or say anything that you can't take back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

he submitted at the office desk of Texas lock box in person. (because he's living close there)

so it is possible though that they didn't route to USCIS right away...sigh

He didn't hand deliver it to the Texas lock box in person. Sorry.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

1) You cannot hand-deliver application. This is a lock box and by definition you have o mail it. This is impossible.

2) There is no way he mailed it or delivered it in March. If it gets lost it is lost. Period. I am sure if he hand delivered it in March and wanted you to be here ASAP he would inquire why it is not processed.

3) It does not matter anymore. However, I would ask myself why he did this.

I was thinking the same thing, but it sounds like they just made him put it in an envelope and put a stamp so they probably put in the mail for him to be mailed back. Remembering when I worked with student loans, people who had to fill out applications were so annoying when they came to hand deliever their application to one of the buildings. It actually caused them to be at risk for their things to get lost or not go to the appropriate department. So if he hand delievered it and it went to a wrong department it could of been sitting in a box for months until whoever was about to review it realized this was sent to the wrong department then forward to the appropriate department. This is just a guess based completely on my former work experience, and I have no idea how USCIS runs their agencies. Next time just tell you fiance not to do anything extra like that again. If he would of mailed it they would of received within 1-2 days. So the extra trip was silly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He didn't hand deliver it to the Texas lock box in person. Sorry.

He might of just gone to the building not the lockbox. Which delayed the hell out of their application.

OP you should ask him if he had to go through any clearance before they allowed him to enter. I'd imagine security would be tight to just let anyone walk in and say here is my application.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

he submitted at the office desk of Texas lock box in person. (because he's living close there)

so it is possible though that they didn't route to USCIS right away...sigh

That is what happened, you cannot drop off the paperwork.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes it is possible they messed it up somehow. well, he said he handed in person, but he was asked to put the documents in the envelope and even put a postage stamp on it. so technically it was the same as you submitted via mail.

They took it and sent it back to the post office to be processed.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

even if hand delivery is possible...i'm pretty sure they will give him something such as proof/evidence that he did give that to them...i mean common sense..you don't just go to a place to hand your documents and leave...esp. important documents :bonk:

but no matter what i/myself don't believed his excuses...just saying(i don't want to be judgemental. but come now PLEASE!!!! :rofl: )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your fiance is lying to you. There is no way someone can submit an application in March and receive no1 that has August date on it.

He also could have mailed it, wrote the worng check amount or another error, getting a flat out rejection. Do not judge, while it sounds suspect, anybody who follows this board knows that even the employees of the USCIS cant give you a straight answer, so nothing surprises me during this process. Back in the 90's a lockbox that process IRS tax returns was caught hidding work in a ceiling as there were to many being sent in. It was 8 months after the filing date before someone realized they were hid. Again dont judge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

He might of just gone to the building not the lockbox. Which delayed the hell out of their application.

OP you should ask him if he had to go through any clearance before they allowed him to enter. I'd imagine security would be tight to just let anyone walk in and say here is my application.

What you are saying is theoretically impossible. Once they receive the application they put it into the pile. They have no time to play with this by saying: Oh, just out of spite I will put it aside and then remeber 6 months later to put it back into the pile.

This is all a bunch of lies.

He also could have mailed it, wrote the worng check amount or another error, getting a flat out rejection. Do not judge, while it sounds suspect, anybody who follows this board knows that even the employees of the USCIS cant give you a straight answer, so nothing surprises me during this process. Back in the 90's a lockbox that process IRS tax returns was caught hidding work in a ceiling as there were to many being sent in. It was 8 months after the filing date before someone realized they were hid. Again dont judge.

If he got rejected it would take 1 months.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I would tend to agree that his story doesn't seme to make sense.

First the address for the lockboxes is a PO Box at the Post Office.

From USCIS's own website, a description of the LockBox system.

Since the mail sent to the PO Boxes is actually handled by the Treasury Department I doubt he'd be able to get close to anyone who actually works there. Further where would he get the physical address (not the PO Box).

Maybe he went to the Post Office for the zipcode of the Texas LockBox and they made him actually pay postage for the delivery?

By the time I submitted the initial petition for Anna she already had access to my Checking Account so she could see exactly when the payment was processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.