is he lying or is the USCIS messed up?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ours was febuary and we got our noa1,may11,dont worry it happen sometimes.i was really mad when i found out.nothing we can do about it,getting mad is not gonna solve it.

I would try speaking to someone at USCIS and ask them when was it received.I know usually they only give the petitioner(your Fiance) such information but you can always try and see if they give you an answer since you are the applicant.All the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear that. but atleast you know he`s working on it now..just smile and forget about it things happens sometimes, all you have to do is trust him, things will get better dont worry! good luck ! god bless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

hello again Everyone,

first of all, thank you for all the posts and considerations.

I wish I could answer one by one, but please allow me to explain in this post all together.

your posts have been helping me to understand my situation better.

I wanted to see this issue from other's perspective and glad to know

that every post on here are all similer to what I've been thinking as well.

today I had a conversation with him and asked what he learned from calling USCIS yesterday.

he said they cannot expedite our case since they start counting/consider the date of NOA1

for whatever they take action. that means, as long as our NOA1 is Augst. that's the start of our case.

he said he's going to call other place they suggested him to call tomorrow.

I said to him "it's so unfair because it's not our fault.that means we have to wait another 4 or 5months?"

he said "maybe" with a rather calm manner. he didn't seem upset about this whole situation as much as I'd expect from a person who's been "actually" waiting for 6 months.

I have a decent job here in Japan. and yes, I've been telling my boss, co-workers and my family and friends when I could be leaving Japan and we were all getting ready for it.

in fact,my boss hired exptra staffs to compensate my position and they are coming next week. and my fiance knows about it.

If he is lying, which seems like a case, he doesn't understand that it's not only me who's affected by his lie.

I guess I can wait another 4-5months if that's the only option here.

but I'm so disrespected by this whote thing. he could have just told me what's going on

in his mind and this whole visa thing, even if it might have hurt my feelins, he should have told me.

anyway, I will have to have a conversation with him soon about this.

I'll update to you all.

thank you.

I think he wanted to make sure first about you before filing. And now that he is sure of his feelings he filed. But what bothers me is the lying ( if he did) you will be a couple he shud have not hesitated telling you about his feelings. But nevertheless you know now that he is really in love with u and his ready to share his life with u. so cheer up :) Good luck on ur visa journey! :thumbs:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.]1st Cor 13: 4-7

Timeline

I think he wanted to make sure first about you before filing. And now that he is sure of his feelings he filed. But what bothers me is the lying ( if he did) you will be a couple he shud have not hesitated telling you about his feelings. But nevertheless you know now that he is really in love with u and his ready to share his life with u. so cheer up :) Good luck on ur visa journey! :thumbs:

]

thank you.

PS: we've dated for 3 years and half at the point he left for japan, which was this March.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When I first mailed the k1 forms, I did not use tracking or have it signed for. After one week I started looking for the check to be cashed. Nothing happened for months. So I needed to resend everything and this time I did it over night with tracking. I have no idea where the first set of paper work ended up in the system. At the time my wife was not very happy with me. We lost months waiting. :(

I would never recommend doing anything but mailing with tracking. I can believe he dropped it off at the office. The problem is they are not set up for that. They are setup for it to come in the mail. 8 years ago I worked for a bank processing credit card payments. If it was not mailed with the return stub, it was a mess. We had no way to take a walk in payment. A walk in payment might be taken, but getting into the system correctly would be a problem. I assume the same is true with government. He was trying to save time and money of the postage. It did not work. I would suggest you trust him and make sure in the future everything is mailed as instructed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello again Everyone,

first of all, thank you for all the posts and considerations.

I wish I could answer one by one, but please allow me to explain in this post all together.

your posts have been helping me to understand my situation better.

I wanted to see this issue from other's perspective and glad to know

that every post on here are all similer to what I've been thinking as well.

today I had a conversation with him and asked what he learned from calling USCIS yesterday.

he said they cannot expedite our case since they start counting/consider the date of NOA1

for whatever they take action. that means, as long as our NOA1 is Augst. that's the start of our case.

he said he's going to call other place they suggested him to call tomorrow.

I said to him "it's so unfair because it's not our fault.that means we have to wait another 4 or 5months?"

he said "maybe" with a rather calm manner. he didn't seem upset about this whole situation as much as I'd expect from a person who's been "actually" waiting for 6 months.

I have a decent job here in Japan. and yes, I've been telling my boss, co-workers and my family and friends when I could be leaving Japan and we were all getting ready for it.

in fact,my boss hired exptra staffs to compensate my position and they are coming next week. and my fiance knows about it.

If he is lying, which seems like a case, he doesn't understand that it's not only me who's affected by his lie.

I guess I can wait another 4-5months if that's the only option here.

but I'm so disrespected by this whote thing. he could have just told me what's going on

in his mind and this whole visa thing, even if it might have hurt my feelins, he should have told me.

anyway, I will have to have a conversation with him soon about this.

I'll update to you all.

thank you.

It is good that you are getting to the heart of the matter. How you both handle this issue will determine how you will handle inevitable problems that will come up in any marriage. It seems that your female intuition is kicking in and you have not ignored it. I wish you both the best in your relationship.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Why don't you (casually) ask him when they cashed the check then you'll know more exactly when he sent it. But in most situation it come about 3 weeks after sending it. I personally feel that he sent it late and has not been telling you the truth. But anything could have happened like what happened to one of the above commet. I say ask for when they cashed the check.

Maybe he isn't as in a rush to getting married and kind of holding back on sending it till you kept asking. At least you are trying to talk and make sure he's on the same page as you are with the petition and relationship. Don't just sit back and take what he's telling and yes make him proactive.

Edited by hnubno

Timeline

When I first mailed the k1 forms, I did not use tracking or have it signed for. After one week I started looking for the check to be cashed. Nothing happened for months. So I needed to resend everything and this time I did it over night with tracking. I have no idea where the first set of paper work ended up in the system. At the time my wife was not very happy with me. We lost months waiting. :(

I would never recommend doing anything but mailing with tracking. I can believe he dropped it off at the office. The problem is they are not set up for that. They are setup for it to come in the mail. 8 years ago I worked for a bank processing credit card payments. If it was not mailed with the return stub, it was a mess. We had no way to take a walk in payment. A walk in payment might be taken, but getting into the system correctly would be a problem. I assume the same is true with government. He was trying to save time and money of the postage. It did not work. I would suggest you trust him and make sure in the future everything is mailed as instructed.

thank you for sharing your experience. that gives me a little hope.

Yes, how I wish he just mailed it to them instead (if he really did what he said he did in March).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I do not know your fiances history, but maybe there was something he was not able to file the petition until August and he was to embarrassed or afraid to tell you. Was he previously married. I know that some people get hung up on the being legally able to be married part, especially if they are still waiting for their divorce to be final. If anything like this is the reason you will probably be able to figure it out, because you need to take all of those papers like divorce petitions with you when you go to the embassy for the interview. Why don't you ask him for a copy of the petition and all the supporting paperwork that he sent in with it. Maybe the answer you seek is in there.

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

i agree with you.

Timeline

Why don't you (casually) ask him when they cashed the check then you'll know more exactly when he sent it. But in most situation it come about 3 weeks after sending it. I personally feel that he sent it late and has not been telling you the truth. But anything could have happened like what happened to one of the above commet. I say ask for when they cashed the check.

Maybe he isn't as in a rush to getting married and kind of holding back on sending it till you kept asking. At least you are trying to talk and make sure he's on the same page as you are with the petition and relationship. Don't just sit back and take what he's telling and yes make him proactive.

yes, I've asked before and haven't got answer yet about the cash withdrawal timing from the bank.

I'll ask again. sounds like a good conversation starter.

and yes, I can think of a reason why he lied. he just went back to school in Texas, so maybe

he wanted to see how it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Namibia
Timeline

you mean the date on case status?

if that's what you mean, you can see that when you type your case number

in the USCIS home page "my case status".

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

if you are talking about the day he said he submitted, I just asked him

because there's no other way I can find out the date...

Hi, with your curiosity, the date you are seeing on the web case status is not the submission date.

That is the date your application was touched.

he's lying. NOA1 usually is in 1 week-10 days, even ours messed up and we ended up with over 1 month of wait for noa1. submitted it in march, got noa1 in april. there's no way. he should have got a receipt. the case status says "on date X we mailed you a notification" or something like that. marriage should be based on trust. maybe he had money problems that he didnt want to tell you about . im sorry, really. he doesnt seem like a bad person, maybe he wanted to protect you from something. but since your k1 in on going now, i wish you good luck

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

he's lying. NOA1 usually is in 1 week-10 days, even ours messed up and we ended up with over 1 month of wait for noa1. submitted it in march, got noa1 in april. there's no way. he should have got a receipt. the case status says "on date X we mailed you a notification" or something like that. marriage should be based on trust. maybe he had money problems that he didnt want to tell you about . im sorry, really. he doesnt seem like a bad person, maybe he wanted to protect you from something. but since your k1 in on going now, i wish you good luck

But I can easily say your lying too that yours took 1 month just because mine only took a week. Im not saying he is or isnt lying but your proof that mistakes happen which caused delays as in what happened to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.