is he lying or is the USCIS messed up?

78 posts in this topic

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=48c78976a0a77310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Evidence that stuff happens, USCIS acknowledges it, and has instructions on what to do if you don't receive an NOA1 after 60 days (normally 30 days).

There must be other reasons besides the delay of the NOA1 that lead you to believe he is lying. I get a sense from what you have said that he has a history of not so much lying, but not volunteering information. Perhaps he is partially telling the truth, after all most lies are 1/2 truths. He could have done exactly what he said, they made him put it in an envelope and mail it. I doubt they would have given him the postage there. Perhaps he took it back home, did as they instructed...then forgot about it, or didn't put enough postage on it and it got returned and forgotten about. Then imagine he is 100% telling the truth, and you are constantly trying to get him to admit he is lying, or giving him an attitude that you don't trust him. I'm sure it doesn't feel good to hear that you don't trust him.

Either way, you guys have trust issues already, either he doesn't trust you enough to volunteer information, or you don't trust him to be honest and forthcoming, or both. It sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

Edited by Rob & Monika

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

hi everyone,

today I talked to him and finally brought it up to the conversation.

long story short, I decided to trust him.

I asked him if he submitted our file later than March for some reason he couldn't tell me.

and he asked me why, so I said "maybe because you wanted to see how it goes after you return to US?"

then he said, "if that's the case, I wouldn't be talking to you. I would have stopped talking to you as soon as

I returned here. I wouldn't have let you come see my family in May( I flew to Texas once to meet his family). I submitted in March."

and he got upset a little why I even thought about it. so I said I needed to make sure and appologized for doubting.

it sounded like he actually submitted in March. it's possible that something went wrong and he got an email about it but he didn't notice until recently or something. but seems like it's not something he did on purpose and that's what matters.

I'm glad I talked to him about it. of course there's always a doubt left that he may not be telling the truth,

but I decided to belive what he said today and focus on moving forward.

thank you for all the commnets. I really appreciate each one of you for your honest comments.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As you should trust him and move forward, I commend you for you asking him about it, its hard to bring up the doubts to your partner, the long distance thing can give us more doubts than a regular relationship. But when you do have fears, even if its hard to broach the subject, if you really need to know, you should be able to talk to him about it. :)

I would be inclined to believe him too, but then again, I would have been inclined to believe him before hand, it didn't matter the reason so much as to why it was delayed, by him or by USCIS, it mattered that he filed and he wants you there as much as you want to be there.

Best of luck on your journey. Keep talking and stay positive. (F)

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.