is he lying or is the USCIS messed up?

78 posts in this topic

There is so many incorrect posts on here.

A) You only use a PO box when you use USPS. The address is 2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067.

B) The thread about the Vermont office proves nothing as she didn't actually go there, nor is it the same office. Look at the place on Google Maps, you can easily walk into the building, in Suite 400 out of who knows how many.

C) He didn't actually deliver it there, they made him mail it.

Did he give it to them after he put postage on it, or did he give it to them to mail?

I'd be more worried about him not following the directions than whether he was telling the truth. If he were lying, would he really say that they would not accept it and made him put it in an envelope and put postage on it? That is not something I would 'make up', those are consequences of not following instructions.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What you are saying is theoretically impossible. Once they receive the application they put it into the pile. They have no time to play with this by saying: Oh, just out of spite I will put it aside and then remeber 6 months later to put it back into the pile.

This is all a bunch of lies.

If he got rejected it would take 1 months.

I AM NOT in anyway shape or form implying that is was done out of spite im just saying what could of happened is... he walks into the building ( which probably isnt that easy) hand a packet to someone in lets say the front desk. The person tells him well you need to put it in an envelope and stamp it. Then takes his paperwork and it gets sent by accident to the wrong department you know placed in a pile like you just said. Since we all know it takes AWHILE for them to go through the paperwork/pile, when they finally got to his paperwork they might of seen it and said oh this doesnt belong to us, and forward it to the appropriate department. ( I know it is a very slim chance that this is what happened, because he should of still received some type of notification initially even from the wrong department). Nobody is lying and I suggest you learn the meaning of words before using them. How am I lying was I there? I am just suggesting what MIGHT of happened even though its unlikely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your fiance is lying to you. There is no way someone can submit an application in March and receive no1 that has August date on it.

:unsure: Sorry, but there's no way...the story makes zero sense....Hopefully all the extra time he took was making everything right inside the packet....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I AM NOT in anyway shape or form implying that is was done out of spite im just saying what could of happened is... he walks into the building ( which probably isnt that easy) hand a packet to someone in lets say the front desk. The person tells him well you need to put it in an envelope and stamp it. Then takes his paperwork and it gets sent by accident to the wrong department you know placed in a pile like you just said. Since we all know it takes AWHILE for them to go through the paperwork/pile, when they finally got to his paperwork they might of seen it and said oh this doesnt belong to us, and forward it to the appropriate department. ( I know it is a very slim chance that this is what happened, because he should of still received some type of notification initially even from the wrong department). Nobody is lying and I suggest you learn the meaning of words before using them. How am I lying was I there? I am just suggesting what MIGHT of happened even though its unlikely.

I meant he is lying...

Filed: Other Timeline

Whatever he did its now been processed, sometimes men feels a little nagged or pushed & they tell

a little lie to avoid more arguments,... he could have lied OK that was not a good thing, but

what about if he was low on funds or not made up his mind 100% to go thru with this? I would have not

made a big deal out of this unless I myself is not that sure he's 100% on board, OP should just talk it

over say," honey I felt uncomfortable even though its a small matter because I dont know if U walked it in

to speed up the process or U did not follow proper instructions, so from now on just let me have info

and copies on this journey"....no one can say he lied no one knows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

but him saying he hand deliver the package a proof that his goofyin...walk in are not allowed at the dallas texas :bonk:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/160018-hand-deliver-i-129f/

Oh did I say there wasn't some screw up with that - no, don't think I mentioned it.

What I did say was not to assume there is an issue with the relationship... there are all sorts of other possibilities here.

but whatever - go upset the poor girl if that's your intention :dead:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why don't you let him read this thread and let him see what people are saying. He will definitely want to defend himself and tell you what happened :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

hello everyone,

here's the story.

my fiance said he submitted our K1 petition in this March 14th (exactly 6 months ago)

and we didn't get any notification, so I asked him to call USCIS to figure out our case number.

and he finally recieved the email from them with the case number two weeks ago.

and when I typed our case number, NOA1 date was Augst 23th!!

here's my questions.

1)Did anything like this happened to anyone here? (you applied a long time ago but NOA1 date on the case status was messed up for some reason.)?

2)what did you do to make it fixed?

if this kind of things have never happenned to anyone here on this forum,

I assume my fiance is not telling me the truth about the day he said he submitted...

I've been waiting for 6 months now and I was so shocked to find out about this recently.

any reply will be appreciated.

thank you for reading.

Usually it talk about 3 weeks to received the NOA1. As for you receiving the NOA1 in August. He may not have send it out the day he toldd you maybe cause financial reason or something and he had to be ready. I do agree he should've told you the truth but If you marrying him out of love then be happy that you received the NOA1. That let you know he did send it. It may not be on the day he told you but he did. So be patient and wait for the next step and do not stress on something like when he send it.

Tha Diva

Whatever he did its now been processed, sometimes men feels a little nagged or pushed & they tell

a little lie to avoid more arguments,... he could have lied OK that was not a good thing, but

what about if he was low on funds or not made up his mind 100% to go thru with this? I would have not

made a big deal out of this unless I myself is not that sure he's 100% on board, OP should just talk it

over say," honey I felt uncomfortable even though its a small matter because I dont know if U walked it in

to speed up the process or U did not follow proper instructions, so from now on just let me have info

and copies on this journey"....no one can say he lied no one knows.

I agree with you 100%. Everyone is making an issue or something so small. I was reading the feed back and some of these comments is making matters worse. That is the bad thing about asking questions on forums becuase people never give you a true answer. May be they do not understand the question. A K1 visa is a very expensive visa it's all about money. The foreign visa do not understand because alot time it's the American visa that have to pay all the money. So I gree with you 100%. Like I said previous if she love him then be happy that she got the NOA1 and just wait patiently for the the next phase.

Tha Diva

i think he sent it in august, because if he sent it in march, he would have raised an enquiry on the matter a long time ago, not just now, if thats what he did that would be really hurtful and deceitful to me, honesty is the best policy

6/29/12 AOS Package mailed Chicago Lockbox

7/01/12 Package delivered

7/09/12 NOA email notification

7/14/12 Received hard copy of NOA in the mail

7/16/12 Received biometric appointment letter for 8/01/12

7/23/12 Successful walk in Biometrics

8/15/12 Received email for interview notice

8/17/12 Received interview notice in the mail

9/10/12 EAD card ordered, (didnt get email or text checked it on USCIS website)

9/18/12 EAD card received in the mail

9/18/12 Interview done, approved on the spot!

9/19/12 Got email that approval notice was mailed out on 9/18/12

9/22/12 Received Approval notice in the mail

9/24/12 Got email that greencard was sent in the mail

9/26/12 Received greencard in the mail, thank you lord!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

going with occam's razor of the simplest explanation...he's lying to you and didn't mail the petition until august. all these other explanations of rerouted mailing and lost in the system etc are depending on too many (complicated) variables.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree with you 100%. Everyone is making an issue or something so small. I was reading the feed back and some of these comments is making matters worse. That is the bad thing about asking questions on forums becuase people never give you a true answer. May be they do not understand the question. A K1 visa is a very expensive visa it's all about money. The foreign visa do not understand because alot time it's the American visa that have to pay all the money. So I gree with you 100%. Like I said previous if she love him then be happy that she got the NOA1 and just wait patiently for the the next phase.

You know it is *kinda* important.. When she thinks he filed in mid March she is probably thinking in the November time frame she will be leaving home.. Much of her life is basically on hold waiting for this event... They have to be talking about it everyday, making plans, saying those "oh when we are together it will be so great" blah blah.. and he wasn't checking the status? Not once? Ever? Surely they have been making plans and talking timelines..

And this three weeks or a month to get a NOA1 thing.. pfff.. Most of the time NOA1s are rocket fast then the NOA2 is slow as molasses.. I sent mine on a Monday and had the NOA 1 on Friday.. The "received" date was *one day* after I mailed it, the "notice" date was four days after I mailed it. Took two weeks to get the hard copy but that does not change the dates she say...

So OP three things: First you said you asked him about it and 14+ days letter there was a NOA1 dated about the same time you started bugging him, I'd check those dates... Also... If he did send it in and this is all a mix up and the fault of USCIS surely he is trying to get an expedite? Did he act surprised/pissed/etc or did he just shrug his shoulders at the entire thing?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

hello everyone,

here's the story.

my fiance said he submitted our K1 petition in this March 14th (exactly 6 months ago)

and we didn't get any notification, so I asked him to call USCIS to figure out our case number.

here's my questions.

1)Did anything like this happened to anyone here? (you applied a long time ago but NOA1 date on the case status was messed up for some reason.)?

I assume my fiance is not telling me the truth about the day he said he submitted...

I've been waiting for 6 months now and I was so shocked to find out about this recently.

thank you for reading.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What true answer could any make on this matter other then opinions. None of us were with him on this faithful day. To give a true answer. She is asking if her fiance could be lying all people could do is give their opinion as to whether they think yes he is or no he isnt. There is no "true" answer in this case unless your a psychic.

hello everyone,

here's the story.

here's my questions.

thank you for reading.

ours was febuary and we got our noa1,may11,dont worry it happen sometimes.i was really mad when i found out.nothing we can do about it,getting mad is not gonna solve it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.