mounir412

‘Anti-Islam’ film spurs U.S. embassy, consulate attacks in Cairo, Benghazi

260 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

By Al Arabiya with agencies

After a group of protestors scaled the wall at the U.S. embassy in Cairo and tore down the Stars and Stripes, militant Islamists in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi attacked the U.S. consulate late Tuesday.

Angry Islamists in Cairo and Benghazi protested against an “anti-Islam” film being produced in the United States.

A U.S. State Department official confirmed the attack against the U.S. embassy in Cairo, while the Libyan Foreign Ministry condemned the violent storming of the consulate in Benghazi.

“We had some people breach the wall, take the flag down and replace it. What I heard was that it was replaced with a plain black flag. But I maybe not be correct in that,” she added, after being asked whether it was an Al-Qaeda flag.

Egyptian protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy over what they said was a film being produced in the United States that was insulting to the Prophet Mohammad, witnesses said.

“At least four of them climbed over the embassy walls and tore down the American flag,” a witness said, adding that the demonstrators were angered by a film produced by expatriate members of Egypt’s Christian minority resident in the United States.

In place of the U.S. flag, the protesters tried to raise a black flag with the words “There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger,” a Reuters reporter said.

Amil Ameen, a Coptic political commentator, told Al Arabiya that “there is a plot to divide Egypt,” and that the production of such anti-Islam film “hurt Coptic Egyptians before their Muslim brothers.”

About 20 people stood on top of the outer wall of the embassy in central Cairo, where about 3,000 protesters had gathered.

Al Arabiya correspondent said that no one was injured as embassy guards fired into the air to disperse the protesters.

In Benghazi, however, protesters were more militants. The Islamists who tried to set the consulate ablze, used Rocket Propelled Grenade in their attack, Al Arabiya correspondent reported.

Clashes also ensued between the militant Islamists and the consulate guards.

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I really want to see this film.

What's the name of the film,

and

What's the name of the Production Company?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I really want to see this film.

What's the name of the film,

and

What's the name of the Production Company?

Yeah good question.. being that no major news source says the name of the "Egyptian anti-Muslim Christian" group or the movie maker.. NPR said the movie was made by the Egyptian Christian group, CNN says it was made by a man in California and promoted by the group, and another source said it was unknown who made the movie and that it wasn't promoted at all other than being put up on youtube and then noticed and talked about (most likely by said Egyptian anti-Muslim Christian group). Three pages of news stories before any mention of the actual movie and that was by a blog... Scientology only wishes it could have that type of effect.

The last source had a link to a 13 minute "Trailer":

I only flipped through it... acting is really bad, budget is really low, pretty cheesy looking.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
120911egypt.jpg

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

That film is terrible! Especially the effects. Perhaps they should use the footage from today to replace the mob scenes.

The thing is beyond campy but I think... bar-none.. it is the worst sound dubbing I have ever heard from any movie.. ever..

Sad that one embassy person has been killed... I can't help but think that who9ever did make this film they could be not more pleased with the resulting conflict.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

The thing is beyond campy but I think... bar-none.. it is the worst sound dubbing I have ever heard from any movie.. ever..

Sad that one embassy person has been killed... I can't help but think that who9ever did make this film they could be not more pleased with the resulting conflict.

I believe your suspicions are correct.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I hope they're happy with themselves, as a U.S. Ambassador has been killed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

geez, heard the bbc radio feed at 4 am my local time ..

what a mess.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I hope they're happy with themselves, as a U.S. Ambassador has been killed.

Yeah well.. Lets put the blame on the people who pulled him out of a car, shot his three companions and then put their hands around his neck and blocked his air passage until he was dead.. because of a youtube video...

There is a small article with the maker of the film.. a 56 year old Israeli living in California.

The article:

The California resident behind an anti-Islamic film that sparked violent protests in Egypt and Libya, which in turn lead to the death of four U.S. diplomats, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, remained defiant on Wednesday and stood behind his work, the Associated Press reports.

Sam Bacile, a 56-year-old Israeli, said he believes that "Islam is a cancer." He financed the two-hour movie with help from more than 100 Jewish donors, spending roughly $5 million, the AP reported.

"This is a political movie," Bacile told the AP. "The U.S. lost a lot of money and a lot of people in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we're fighting with ideas."

After hearing rumors that the video was a Hollywood blockbuster that would be shown throughout the U.S., protests broke out, leading to the death of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other embassy staff.

President Obama said on Wednesday that, "the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."

The film's almost

, which is still on YouTube, shows people acting as violent Muslims, taking their aggression out on Christians and women. The actors, who are predominantly white, are covered in dark makeup and use thick accents. The film also depicts the prophet Mohammad, who is subject to several slurs.

Afghanistan banned YouTube on Wednesday, to prevent its citizens from watching the controversial film, Reuters reports.

"We have been told to shut down YouTube to the Afghan public until the video is taken down," Aimal Marjan, general director of Information Technology, told Reuters.

Edited by OnMyWayID

By Al Arabiya with agencies

After a group of protestors scaled the wall at the U.S. embassy in Cairo and tore down the Stars and Stripes, militant Islamists in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi attacked the U.S. consulate late Tuesday.

Angry Islamists in Cairo and Benghazi protested against an "anti-Islam" film being produced in the United States.

A U.S. State Department official confirmed the attack against the U.S. embassy in Cairo, while the Libyan Foreign Ministry condemned the violent storming of the consulate in Benghazi.

"We had some people breach the wall, take the flag down and replace it. What I heard was that it was replaced with a plain black flag. But I maybe not be correct in that," she added, after being asked whether it was an Al-Qaeda flag.

Egyptian protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy over what they said was a film being produced in the United States that was insulting to the Prophet Mohammad, witnesses said.

"At least four of them climbed over the embassy walls and tore down the American flag," a witness said, adding that the demonstrators were angered by a film produced by expatriate members of Egypt's Christian minority resident in the United States.

In place of the U.S. flag, the protesters tried to raise a black flag with the words "There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger," a Reuters reporter said.

Amil Ameen, a Coptic political commentator, told Al Arabiya that "there is a plot to divide Egypt," and that the production of such anti-Islam film "hurt Coptic Egyptians before their Muslim brothers."

About 20 people stood on top of the outer wall of the embassy in central Cairo, where about 3,000 protesters had gathered.

Al Arabiya correspondent said that no one was injured as embassy guards fired into the air to disperse the protesters.

In Benghazi, however, protesters were more militants. The Islamists who tried to set the consulate ablze, used Rocket Propelled Grenade in their attack, Al Arabiya correspondent reported.

Clashes also ensued between the militant Islamists and the consulate guards.

It the outpouring of love and peace from a religion of love and peace

geezh so your blaming the film maker. That's insane

Timeline

geezh so your blaming the film maker. That's insane

What?? I do not blame the film maker.. I simply stated he/she/they made the film with the hope of causing conflict and making the Muslim religion look bad. The film itself would not do that - it would have faded away with nobody watching it besides extremists on both sides with views that will never change.. They counted on the film being offensive enough to get the reaction we have seen.. I do not think the film makers wanted someone to die nor would I support censoring what they (or anyone else) had to say.. I would not label them the bad guys here but I am also not blind to what they were trying to do...

How's that Arab Spring working out for everyone? :rofl:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG