mounir412

‘Anti-Islam’ film spurs U.S. embassy, consulate attacks in Cairo, Benghazi

260 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well this has finally changed my views. It used to pi$$ me off the way Israel treated Palestinians. Now I could care less about any Muslims in the middle east.

You save a country from a 40 year dictator, and then instead of sending a cake and saying thanks, they send RPGs. All over a bad movie no one would've ever watched. Now they've just guaranteed that millions will see that bad movie.

Time to pull out of Afghanistan and any other muslim countries NOW! Let them go back to killing each other.

You paint with a pretty wide brush! Who all do you define as 'they'?

A lot of questions are being asked about the person behind the film, first reported to be a "Sam Bacile" who claimed in a phone interview with AP that he was an Israeli real estate developer living in California.

However, reporters have been unable to find any trace of "Sam Bacile" or any real estate business belonging to him - he has no official website for his firm, there are no references to any of his real estate ventures, and he has no social media presence. No property listed in his name, no phone, no licenses and no court records. Israeli authorities stated that they have no record of an Israeli citizen named "Sam Bacile."

With a ridiculous script, terrible acting, cheesy chroma-key sets, sound problems and more, the film's production does not reflect even a $50,000 investment, much less the $5 million that "Bacile" told reporters he had received from Jewish donors.

"Bacile" claimed that he hired 45 crew members and 60 actors; however, one of the "consultants" on the film, a Steve Klein, says that only 15 people were involved with working on the film. Klein also claims that he doesn't know much about "Bacile," yet quickly added that the name is a pseudonym. He denied any connection to Terry Jones, the Florida pastor who has threatened to burn Qur'ans. Klein also denied that "Bacile" is Israeli, and also added that the State of Israel had nothing to do with the film.

Klein, by the way, has been identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an "extremist" who has led anti-Muslim protests, as well as protests outside abortion clinics and Mormon temples.

Murkier and murkier.

Maybe Bacile's first name is really Im!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You paint with a pretty wide brush! Who all do you define as 'they'?

Maybe Bacile's first name is really Im!

You can read. I've seen you do it before.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You can read. I've seen you do it before.

It would appear that you have lumped all Libyans together as 'they'. Do we even know if any of the attackers were actually Libyan? And even if they were what evidence do you have to make you conclude that the views of the militants that carried out this attack are shared by the population at large?

Yes, I can read. Can you employ logic?

Edited by james&olya

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

So I was just mulling over all the info so far.

"Sam Bacile" seems to be at least connected to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, and may indeed be one of his pseudonyms. According to the charges involving his conviction on financial fraud, Nakoula's aliases include Nicola Bacily, Mark Basseley Youssef, and Youssef M. Basseley.

According to news reports, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is an Egyptian-born Coptic Christian who now lives in the U.S.

Nakoula seems to be connected to Morris Sadek, an Egyptian-American Coptic Christian known for anti-Islam activism who is also the person who sent journalists around the world a press release about the film on Sept. 6th, promoting a supposed Sept. 11th screening of the film by Florida pastor Terry Jones (famous for his threats to burn Qur'ans.) This alleged screening apparently never happened.

There is no known copy of the full-length film - only the trailer, which has been amateurishly and obviously over-dubbed with dialogue that does not match the actors' mouths.

However, there was a permit pulled to make the film (then called "Desert Warriors") and a 2009 casting call for actors for a film by that name to be produced by "Sam Bassiel."

Several actors from the film have come forward to say that they were misled by the director, were shocked by the re-written dialogue as well as the intent and purpose of the film. There was also apparently a screening of the film last summer at a rundown theater called the "Vine" on Hollywood Blvd., arranged by a customer named "Sam," which according to several reports, nobody attended.

A YouTube account in the name of "Sam Bacile" posted the film trailer (in English) on YouTube in early July 2012. In early September, the Arabic translation suddenly appeared on YouTube. I have not seen any reference to who posted the Arabic translation - whether it was "Sam Bacile" or someone else. But the press release sent by Sadek seemed to be timed to coordinate with the Arabic posting.

Now it gets even more interesting. The Tablet article says that the "Sam Bacile" account on YouTube (the one used to upload the Arabic translations) was also used to "like" a video posted by "Al-Nour Party in Egypt, an ultra-conservative Salafist party that won nearly 28% of the vote in Egypt’s parliamentary elections earlier this year."

Is this an indication of a connection to Salafist groups in Egypt, and/or Libya, and what may possibly be a Libyan al Qaeda group, suspected of carrying out the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi ? Is "Sam Bacile" indeed the person who tipped off the attackers ?

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
Nine Coptic Egyptian-Americans were also put on an airport watch list. They are believed to have contributed to the production of the anti-Islam film that led to the embassy protest.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/middleeast/2012/09/20129130543708779.html

"Sam Bacile" and Morris Sadek now on the no-fly list ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

So I was just mulling over all the info so far.

"Sam Bacile" seems to be at least connected to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, and may indeed be one of his pseudonyms. According to the charges involving his conviction on financial fraud, Nakoula's aliases include Nicola Bacily, Mark Basseley Youssef, and Youssef M. Basseley.

According to news reports, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is an Egyptian-born Coptic Christian who now lives in the U.S.

Nakoula seems to be connected to Morris Sadek, an Egyptian-American Coptic Christian known for anti-Islam activism who is also the person who sent journalists around the world a press release about the film on Sept. 6th, promoting a supposed Sept. 11th screening of the film by Florida pastor Terry Jones (famous for his threats to burn Qur'ans.) This alleged screening apparently never happened.

There is no known copy of the full-length film - only the trailer, which has been amateurishly and obviously over-dubbed with dialogue that does not match the actors' mouths.

However, there was a permit pulled to make the film (then called "Desert Warriors") and a 2009 casting call for actors for a film by that name to be produced by "Sam Bassiel."

Several actors from the film have come forward to say that they were misled by the director, were shocked by the re-written dialogue as well as the intent and purpose of the film. There was also apparently a screening of the film last summer at a rundown theater called the "Vine" on Hollywood Blvd., arranged by a customer named "Sam," which according to several reports, nobody attended.

A YouTube account in the name of "Sam Bacile" posted the film trailer (in English) on YouTube in early July 2012. In early September, the Arabic translation suddenly appeared on YouTube. I have not seen any reference to who posted the Arabic translation - whether it was "Sam Bacile" or someone else. But the press release sent by Sadek seemed to be timed to coordinate with the Arabic posting.

Now it gets even more interesting. The Tablet article says that the "Sam Bacile" account on YouTube (the one used to upload the Arabic English translations) was also used to "like" a video posted by "Al-Nour Party in Egypt, an ultra-conservative Salafist party that won nearly 28% of the vote in Egypt’s parliamentary elections earlier this year."

Is this an indication of a connection to Salafist groups in Egypt, and/or Libya, and what may possibly be a Libyan al Qaeda group, suspected of carrying out the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi ? Is "Sam Bacile" indeed the person who tipped off the attackers ?

Correcting in bold - should be "English" here instead of "Arabic."

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Drip drip drip

The man whom the Associated Press thinks is "Sam Bacile," one Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (who admits to helping out "Sam Bacile" in the film's production and nothing else) lived in Buena Park during the 1980s, according to property records, and has bounced around OC-adjacent [Orange County-adjacent] cities--Hawaiian Gardens, Norwalk and La Mirada, among others--ever since.

The 55-year-old Coptic Christian has used numerous aliases in the past, including Nicola Bacily, according to court documents the feds filed against him in 2010 check-kiting case that resulted in his sentence of 21 months in prison, order to pay $790,000 in restitution and prohibition from using computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/09/nakoula_basseley_nakoula_sam_bacile.php

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Timeline

Correcting in bold - should be "English" here instead of "Arabic."

No, Arabic is right, if you read the previous paragraph:

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

No, Arabic is right, if you read the previous paragraph:

I wrote the whole thing. I was correcting my mis-type where I wrote the Arabic translation was uploaded by "Sam Bacile." "Sam Bacile" was reported to have uploaded the English version; I have not seen any reports saying who uploaded the Arabic version.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

I wrote the whole thing. I was correcting my mis-type where I wrote the Arabic translation was uploaded by "Sam Bacile." "Sam Bacile" was reported to have uploaded the English version; I have not seen any reports saying who uploaded the Arabic version.

Okay. I believe you. Skimming through I assumed the Arabic translation was meant to be the trigger, and that was what was being referred to.

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

Okay. I believe you. Skimming through I assumed the Arabic translation was meant to be the trigger, and that was what was being referred to.

I agree that the Arabic translation was meant to be the trigger. I just haven't seen any reports attributing who uploaded the Arabic translation in early September, and wanted to make the correction to my mis-type. Reports say the "Sam Bacile" account uploaded the English version in July, but no word yet on who uploaded the Arabic translation just before 9/11.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

I agree that the Arabic translation was meant to be the trigger. I just haven't seen any reports attributing who uploaded the Arabic translation in early September, and wanted to make the correction to my mis-type. Reports say the "Sam Bacile" account uploaded the English version in July, but no word yet on who uploaded the Arabic translation just before 9/11.

Some of these anti-US protests seem to be forced, and not by the hosting governments for a change. I suspect you will probably find some connection between the attackers in Benghazi and the folks that uploaded the Arabic translation. Just a suspicious, mind you, but one well worth exploring until the evidence takes us elsewhere.

ETA: However, the US media, especially FNC, seem to be further inflaming the issue, and Hillary's comments in Morocco today were rather strange. I still think we are in for an October surprise driven by the upcoming US elections.

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

Some of these anti-US protests seem to be forced, and not by the hosting governments for a change. I suspect you will probably find some connection between the attackers in Benghazi and the folks that uploaded the Arabic translation. Just a suspicious, mind you, but one well worth exploring until the evidence takes us elsewhere.

ETA: However, the US media, especially FNC, seem to be further inflaming the issue, and Hillary's comments in Morocco today were rather strange. I still think we are in for an October surprise driven by the upcoming US elections.

I also wonder if there is a connection, which is why I was intrigued by the "like" posted by "Sam Bacile" (supposedly the pseudonym of an anti-Islam Coptic Christian who directed the film) on a YouTube video posted by a Salafist group. Seems... strange...

I would not discount an "October surprise" either. Big stakes riding on this election.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Drip drip drip

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation.

In an AP interview, Nakoula says he managed logistics for the company that produced the film, which mocked Muslims and the prophet Muhammad. He denies that he was Bacile.

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-us-identifies-anti-muslim-filmmaker-144325233.html

Is there a film, or is this a well orchestrated hoax?

6e6f0428dc3a0c191b0f6a70670040cb.jpg

Iranian police officers stand guard in front of the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, which represents US interests in Iran, during a demonstration against a film ridiculing Islam's Prophet Muhammad, Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012. The search for those behind the provocative anti-Muslim film led Wednesday to a California Coptic Christian convicted of financial crimes who acknowledged his role in managing and providing logistics for the production. Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, told The Associated Press in an interview outside Los Angeles that he was manager for the company that produced "Innocence of Muslims," which mocked Muslims and the prophet Mohammed and was implicated in inflaming mobs that attacked U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)