carolineden11

Let's do something about these lost medicals for AOS

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This has been a pain in @$% for some years now, but to be perfectly honest, some people are bringing it on themselves.

I-485 instructions (Initial Evidence, paragraph 8 "Fiance(e)s" states implicitly:

"If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your Form I-485"

The vaccination supplement is I-693 Part 2.5 "Vaccinations". You also need to fill Part 1 "Information About You" of course and get this thing signed by the CS.

Have any of you complaining here included I-693 with your vaccinations transcribed from DS-3025 by CS in the US with your AOS application? Just asking...

So when all of these people hand over their sealed packet at POE and then USCIS says "we have everything that was in your sealed packet except the medical record, which we lost" you are saying that they brought it upon themselves?

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics have been merged. please cease making duplicate topics.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

So when all of these people hand over their sealed packet at POE and then USCIS says "we have everything that was in your sealed packet except the medical record, which we lost" you are saying that they brought it upon themselves?

No, I was talking about many people who don't include their vaccinations supplement with their AOS and get RFE'd for it.

At the time of my post I was unaware that entire medical record was missing in this case. It has been straightened out since, but thank you for asking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is the Government, if this was private industry they would be out of business. I told my Fiancé to see if she can get 2 sealed medical envelopes, one for the Embassy and one for AOS in the states, even if she has to pay a little more for this. I hope she can get another sealed medical report, for this reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is the Government, if this was private industry they would be out of business. I told my Fiancé to see if she can get 2 sealed medical envelopes, one for the Embassy and one for AOS in the states, even if she has to pay a little more for this. I hope she can get another sealed medical report, for this reason

The USCIS is part of the government, the NVC is not. The NVC is a private contractor hired by the DOS to push papers for visa applications.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

These people went through all kinds of hassles trying to get the USCIS to find their 'lost' records. They ended up finally 'discovering' them when they went for an Infopass appointment: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/321561-lost-medical-records-scam/page__view__findpost__p__5006951

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

This happened to me, and it's ridiculous. I called USCIS, who were about as unhelpful as humanly possible. I couldn't go make an Infopass appointment, as there's no location very close to me and I couldn't take off of work AGAIN. I basically had to suck it up and pay for someone else's mistake. Good times.

This happened to me, and it's ridiculous. I called USCIS, who were about as unhelpful as humanly possible. I couldn't go make an Infopass appointment, as there's no location very close to me and I couldn't take off of work AGAIN. I basically had to suck it up and pay for someone else's mistake. Good times.

Same here. A costly $125 mistake and three week delay of my GC issuance. Oh well. Could have been worse, I suppose!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

The USCIS is part of the government, the NVC is not. The NVC is a private contractor hired by the DOS to push papers for visa applications.

Another incorrect statement from this poster. Please don't post if you don't know.

NVC may hire private contractors to do work, like many government agencies do, but IT IS a government agency reporting directly to Department of State.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I don't understand why we don't have the option to have (or purchase) a duplicate copy of the medical file due to this recurring theme.

My husband tried everything to get copies of his shots, his exam, his anything but he only has the carbon copies of the receipts for the stuff he paid for.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.............

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

I don't understand why we don't have the option to have (or purchase) a duplicate copy of the medical file due to this recurring theme.

My husband tried everything to get copies of his shots, his exam, his anything but he only has the carbon copies of the receipts for the stuff he paid for.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.............

I don't know either. It sure would have saved a lot of hassle.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree. I think they should make all K-1 applicants get the vaccinations that are required for AOS at the time of their medical and give them a separate sealed envelope to send in when they file for AOS. Then there would be no need for the rip off civil surgeons, and they could not claim medicals were being lost. No confusing instructions on what parts of the I-693 you need done, or if you need one done at all. Hmm, that would be simplifying and way too easy, so I think it will never happen. :whistle:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Another incorrect statement from this poster. Please don't post if you don't know.

NVC may hire private contractors to do work, like many government agencies do, but IT IS a government agency reporting directly to Department of State.

Please don't be condescending,nothing I hate more than rude people. This is information someone at the NVC told me on the phone. Perhaps if the person from the NVC didn't tell this to me I wouldn't think it was true.

Timeline

I don't believe the CBP is the problem since the only thing I am missing is the medical and not the entire contents of the envelope submitted at the port of entry. Additionally, I received my EAD so it must have been forwarded. From what I have read, many people have had this happen because USCIS doesn't look in our A-file for the medical. They just see that a medical isn't included in the I-485 application. Even though it is sitting there in their files, they are too lazy to look for it and the only way to get them to look for it is to get a congressman, senator or ombudsman involved. Unfortunately, that takes time and we have a time limit to respond to the RFE so many people just redo the medical. I think people need to start making a complaint so something can be done about this very common issue.

I didn't realize the only part that was missing was just the medical. Not sure what the solution for you is other than to re-do a medical. But I am with you, having to pay for it all over again would be maddening to say the least, especially since you are under time constraints to have it done for the AOS. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Count me as yet another in the long list of those who had to pay for someone else's mistake! There needs to be accountability! Whoever is responsible needs to understand that it is NOT OK, that doing this to people will cost them their good government (or private contractor) job! And it should be the agency's responsibility to pay for those repeat exams. In my case I had to take a day off work to make the 120 mile trip to the nearest CS to get my step-daughter's exam repeated. Fortunately it only cost $160.00. I agree that electronic files make a lot more sense!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.