I AM NOT THAT GUY

Separate rules for mods?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why was a post I made making fun of a nOOb removed in the P&R forum, yet the same mod posted something similar here?

context matters. being malicious matters. i don't suppose you asked yourself if that member and i get along well, and then compared and contrasted that to your post?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh_77,

Please remember that being a long term member does not give a person the right to be rude and condescending to new members, nor does it give them the right to violate TOS. It does way more damage to the site than the person dropping out of VJ. If you feel like you have been unfairly targeted by a mod, please take it up with Kathryn or Captain Ewok.

Nina thanks for the response - I am not talking about a thread where long term member has been rude or condescending.

When someone makes a post and a long term member responds back saying what poster is looking to do is visa fraud and unfortunately posters does not want to hear this and starts attacking the long term member.

This situation mods have sided for OP.... in this section another thread was going on and dicsussion started to happen about this particular mod.... (s)he comes and closed the thread... how nice :)

No action from Captain or Kathryn.....

If mods/owners cannot appreciate that these long standing members who have been thru their journey and are only sticking around coz they like to give something back or help someone than thats too bad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Nina thanks for the response - I am not talking about a thread where long term member has been rude or condescending.

When someone makes a post and a long term member responds back saying what poster is looking to do is visa fraud and unfortunately posters does not want to hear this and starts attacking the long term member.

This situation mods have sided for OP.... in this section another thread was going on and dicsussion started to happen about this particular mod.... (s)he comes and closed the thread... how nice :)

No action from Captain or Kathryn.....

If mods/owners cannot appreciate that these long standing members who have been thru their journey and are only sticking around coz they like to give something back or help someone than thats too bad.

I honestly thought at first that a couple of long term members were just being rude to new members (from reading other people's post) but I had never been part of a forum before, and quickly realized that it was just the truth that these members were saying. Of course, I am easily offended (according to my loving fiancé) so I have just learned to sit back and STHU. lol!!! ?

Filed: Timeline

maybe. idk. i'll check back and see if you're given an explanation. i have a feeling you're not getting one.

Thanks to Kathryn, the offending post and the post quoting same was removing from thread in question. There is a just power on high. Peace reigns throughout the realm, at least for the moment.

butterfly.jpg