I AM NOT THAT GUY

Separate rules for mods?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
this does not make them exempt from moderation if they are in a situation that requires it [...] those with whom I have friendly relationships don't get special benefits.
True, man, and true, man, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/368039-getting-a-gc-for-my-mom-on-b1b2-visa/

There you go another thread… where you cannot tell the OP who’s parent entered on B1/2 and had sudden change of thought and now wants to AOS does not sound right.

MOD block you for saying that….. Captain and Kathryn nowhere to be seen.

I am just trying to get straight if this site is just to help everyone to stay in US and this is the collective brain to think of the ways and help the OP?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had a look at that topic and I think most people were correct there. There is a difference between saying something along the lines of " a B1 visa used with the intention to remain is fraud" and "OP your commiting fraud!". You'd pretty much have to see and hear everything that person has said to be sure it was fraud. Its better to provide advice about the legal ramifications without accusations when not all the facts are know.

How do you know OPs story is complete truth... you accepted the story on the face value. You are long time member here and you know there are time after time you find ppl who do not post completely true incident certain details are conveniently left out.

Argument there was its perfectly ok to come to US to watch after grandkid or come to US to help preg daughter on B1/2

Unfortunately my argument was its sad but its true – if you ever disclose this to VO or officer at POE that main purpose of the visit on B1/2 is to help your preg daughter, you certainly would be refused a visa or an entry.

Most members did not want to believe that can’t help it.

Other thing is someone had really strong ties to their home country until they entered US (B1/2 cases) stayed in US for 3-4 months and now those strong ties don’t matter anymore… whom are you kidding?

Which means in first place either there were no ties or before one entered US had take care of those ties and closed up everything back home… which is had complete intent to stay in US when entered on B1/2.

Are we really still debating this? *yawn*

I like how you ignore the fact that you don't have all the facts either. Sousuke is correct that it is better to make the discussion about the legal ramifications than to opine about the totality of the situation, a situation which you admit neither you nor anyone else but the OP knows completely.

Facts is facts, and we don't have them. You obviously feel very strongly about this. If the story is true, then AOS is legal AND the correct thing to do.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I don"t think this site has enough moderation. I only ever see Charles, Kathyrn and Penquin being involved with site. I have seen people on this site get Electronicly bullied on this site. Good people that have never posted anything to be mean or negative to anyone get treated like ####### by cliques all the time around here. The P & R forum are filled with those people who i dream about getting to meet face to face one day.

It sucks when someone pitches in on a conversation and has a good attitude about it, gets shot down by an older member and then their coward friends join in. I have never been an A-kisser and i am not trying to now. But i think that those three mods listed above are present doing what they are supposed to be doing. It sucks getting the Hammer from Charles, i have had it before myself. Take your licks and move on. Dont B*tch about it.

Edited by Paramedic(918)

Filed: Timeline

I don"t think this site has enough moderation. I only ever see Charles, Kathyrn and Penquin being involved with site. I have seen people on this site get Electronicly bullied on this site. Good people that have never posted anything to be mean or negative to anyone get treated like ####### by cliques all the time around here. The P & R forum are filled with those people who i dream about getting to meet face to face one day.

It sucks when someone pitches in on a conversation and has a good attitude about it, gets shot down by an older member and then their coward friends join in. I have never been an A-kisser and i am not trying to now. But i think that those three mods listed above are present doing what they are supposed to be doing. It sucks getting the Hammer from Charles, i have had it before myself. Take your licks and move on. Dont B*tch about it.

the best moderation is done behind the scenes. outside of a few instances the board shouldn't know a 'mod' got involved in a thread. mods should post as mods to give a general warning to the entire board, provide clarification on a specific 'controversial' decision, or posting a mod team agreed policy on dealing with types of violations. any other time the should post as regular members. for the most part the VJ moderation team does this.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

the best moderation is done behind the scenes. outside of a few instances the board shouldn't know a 'mod' got involved in a thread. mods should post as mods to give a general warning to the entire board, provide clarification on a specific 'controversial' decision, or posting a mod team agreed policy on dealing with types of violations. any other time the should post as regular members. for the most part the VJ moderation team does this.

i understand what your saying but a Mod is a Member as well. They dont get paid to do what they are doing. i have had those Mods delete some of my post and have had them help me out with information through a private message. i honestly dont think they care enough to waste their time singling out people that they might not personally like. i am betting their lives are busy outside of VJ as well. If a Mod wants to pitch in on a convo laugh and joke with people they deal with everyday its their right. i have read multiple times in this forum, If you disagree with a Moderator, Email Ewok. i honestly believe people get extremely butthurt when they get the Hammer. I have always loved this website, but its just a website. Unless you develop Face to Face friends through this site then who cares what posts the mods remove. i don"t know, its just me. Anytime i have ever got an internet threat, my stomach would be hurting from laughing so hard. Police Officers in America are not just here to write speading tickets, they are here to educate, prevent crime, solve problems and enforce the law. Mods do all of that in a much less dramatic way. This site would be out of control with out them.

i understand what your saying but a Mod is a Member as well. They dont get paid to do what they are doing. i have had those Mods delete some of my post and have had them help me out with information through a private message. i honestly dont think they care enough to waste their time singling out people that they might not personally like. i am betting their lives are busy outside of VJ as well. If a Mod wants to pitch in on a convo laugh and joke with people they deal with everyday its their right. i have read multiple times in this forum, If you disagree with a Moderator, Email Ewok. i honestly believe people get extremely butthurt when they get the Hammer. I have always loved this website, but its just a website. Unless you develop Face to Face friends through this site then who cares what posts the mods remove. i don"t know, its just me. Anytime i have ever got an internet threat, my stomach would be hurting from laughing so hard. Police Officers in America are not just here to write speading tickets, they are here to educate, prevent crime, solve problems and enforce the law. Mods do all of that in a much less dramatic way. This site would be out of control with out them.

i agree. that pretty much what i said. but, trust me i've been a mod on sherdog for 8 years & mods do develop a taste for correcting the behavior of certain posters. its impossibe not to, they're human. i've never had an issue i felt needed to be escalated to ewok from this VJ mod team. the former team..yup lots. not this one. besides i'm more than willing to let mods know how i feel about any action they take. they'd all verify that too. :lol:

hey i see you're from tulsa. aegis is coming to okc in july. the misses might enjoy seeing them. check it out & lemme know. we can get together for a few cocktails.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Separate rules...

Like when I respond to a specific post by a certain mod's buddy and equate it to racism, my post gets deleted, and that mod claims it's a violation of the TOS.

Yet when I am called an anti-Semite, a terror supporter, and all sorts of other hysterical nonsense, that same certain mod claims oh that's just an "opinion which may or may not be correct and therefore not a violation of the TOS."

Still have the PMs.

LMAO.

i 100% believe that. that same mod has been stepping out of bounds a lot here lately. there are a few people that have saved pms. i'm one of them. it just boils my blood when someone breaks confidence with me.

7yqZWFL.jpg