I AM NOT THAT GUY

Separate rules for mods?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

maybe they running mad on power lol hehehehehe j/k

i mean when u start a thread and ask for responds. u should be able to read different kind of answers. its a forum its on the internet. it shouldn't be censored. as long there is no name calling and that its fine.

when some ppl think is something fishy about the thread let them speak it. isnt it freedom of speech??? i think so lol :innocent:

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Separate rules...

Like when I respond to a specific post by a certain mod's buddy and equate it to racism, my post gets deleted, and that mod claims it's a violation of the TOS.

Yet when I am called an anti-Semite, a terror supporter, and all sorts of other hysterical nonsense, that same certain mod claims oh that's just an "opinion which may or may not be correct and therefore not a violation of the TOS."

Still have the PMs.

LMAO.

I have had similar occurence too... when I questioned a mod why he shut me out of the thread what T&C did I violate his response was I was arguing hmmm did not know telling someone the right purpose is arguing...lol

I have that in message from mod....did not know engaging in discussion was against the T&C :)

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, I've been away a few days recovering from surgery (nothing serious, don't worry). Nina is right. There is no 'one rule for mods; another rule for everyone else'. We are all bound by the same rules and TOS both when we act as moderators and when we post as regular members. Even though we post as regular members, it is sometimes easy for us to forget - through our familiarity with members and the site - that others are not going to have the same sense of the site as we do. It is easy, therefore, for us to appear to cross the boundaries that we try to ensure are observed by everyone else.

I've read the thread linked above and agree that while context is important, and using the term noob can be used playfully between friends, or sarcastically towards a newcomer, someone not familiar with the nuances isn't going to see the difference and the teasing post can be interpreted as malicious. I have removed the post involved even though it was not meant as a personal attack because it is open to misinterpretation as shown by this thread and left a comment to that effect in the thread.

I will add that some of our longer term members who have become familiar with each other and exchange similar sorts of 'teasing' have complained to us in the past when we have removed their teasing posts as well for the very same reason - that someone new to the site is not likely to understand the context and will feel it is a personal attack. It is easy to be so comfortable with other posters - whether you are a mod or not - that you sometimes forget what it looks like to someone not in the 'know'.

On another matter, I certainly hope that I don't have a 'clique'. I have personal exchanges with a lot of members here, some long time and some newer, but I think they will tell you that this does not make them exempt from moderation if they are in a situation that requires it. I try to do my best to keep those two relationships separate. I try to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone, if I can, but those with whom I have friendly relationships don't get special benefits. And, none of them have ever requested or expected any.

This post should be required reading for all mods in the interest of customer service. You see how nice you explained the process? You didn't come in and tell us to shove off if we don't like it like some other mod.

Certain mods need to understand that it's possible to can walk softly and still carry a big stick.

Filed: Timeline

yup. 2X i know of

eta: one was a long campaign the other was pretty quick.

Yes. I had forgotten about the quick one.

This post should be required reading for all mods in the interest of customer service. You see how nice you explained the process? You didn't come in and tell us to shove off if we don't like it like some other mod.

Certain mods need to understand that it's possible to can walk softly and still carry a big stick.

If you like mods with big sticks, you need to join the "Eric for mod" campaign.

Edited by \

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

If I were to leave constructive criticism in this thread, it would simply be a request that if a non habitual TOS violator has committed some form of violation, send a PM and communicate with the person first to get all the facts about intent.

I think half the time that posters fly off the handle and start posting here in the site discussion section is due to the fact there wasn't any proper communication.

I think back to my time here and note that in the past I've received two administrative actions, the second of which I received an apology afterwards based on intent. Even the first was basically because I tried to communicate about a moderator dispute in public by opening a new thread which obviously I know better now that such things should be left to PM.

Most of the time open communication would cool people off quickly and then you could avoid rants in other areas, further suspensions etc.

Basically...

1. look at the violation

2. Verify the users past behavior

3. Unless they are causing repeated disruption, contact via PM first.

4. If the intent is clear and they meant to violate TOS then use the mod button.

More communication, less button pressing basically.

If I were to leave constructive criticism in this thread, it would simply be a request that if a non habitual TOS violator has committed some form of violation, send a PM and communicate with the person first to get all the facts about intent.

I think half the time that posters fly off the handle and start posting here in the site discussion section is due to the fact there wasn't any proper communication.

I think back to my time here and note that in the past I've received two administrative actions, the second of which I received an apology afterwards based on intent. Even the first was basically because I tried to communicate about a moderator dispute in public by opening a new thread which obviously I know better now that such things should be left to PM.

Most of the time open communication would cool people off quickly and then you could avoid rants in other areas, further suspensions etc.

Basically...

1. look at the violation

2. Verify the users past behavior

3. Unless they are causing repeated disruption, contact via PM first.

4. If the intent is clear and they meant to violate TOS then use the mod button.

More communication, less button pressing basically.

I think this is really constructive criticism. I would have given you a +1 but I'm out for the day.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I think this is really constructive criticism. I would have given you a +1 but I'm out for the day.
I gave him one, see man, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You're going to be in so much trouble when rade becomes a moderator. :lol:

I doubt anyone is worried that will happen :no:

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders