FullFledged

Tell me I can't do this

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah I know what you're saying NY_BX I guess I just was shocked by these multi-month wait times.

Now you know. Do some reading in the VJ guides to learn the steps and likely wait times. Properly prepared documents and filings help to keep the processing time moving as quickly as it can.

The waiting isn't fun. Consider your options and choose the path you are most comfortable following.

"Loopholes" can have stressful consequences. From Singapore it should be a straight forward process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Canada is not a no laws country, what makes you think you can get legally married in Canada without becoming a Resident or legal Immigrant, there Marriage laws and Immigration laws are very similar to ours. They handle illegal Immigration a little divergent; they just fine the Companies large amounts of money for hiring illegals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah I know what you're saying NY_BX I guess I just was shocked by these multi-month wait times.

and yet we've all survived. One thing is you, an USC, playing the loophole game. Another thing is playing the loophole game for a foreigner. The consequences of your actions will impact mostly her. So, please protect HER and do the right thing.

From sending my petition to POE was around 8 months. It was not easy, but now I'm happily married and, today, he had his biometrics done.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"This is going to be your wife...for life. The most important person in the world, except for maybe your children one day. For HER you want to do it right so that SHE is protected forever. It is not that long to wait to start your married life properly and without having to always worry if they will "find out" Now concentrate on what you need to do and forget the nonsense. "

This is excellent advice. "What if they say NO?" is a very head-clearing question.

Heather, San Francisco, CA - USC Petitioner, for Peter, UK Beneficiary

CR-1 Visa Timeline Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage: December 8, 2011

USCIS

01/07/2012: I-130 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox:

Service Center: California Service Center

01/13/2012 I-130 NOA1

05/22/2012: I-130 NOA2: APPROVED! (Approved 130 days from the NOA1 date)

09/05/2012: via phone: "Case complete"

10/17/2012: Interview date assigned.

U.S Embassy London

09/17/2012: Case received.

10/21/2012: Medical.

10/26/2012: Interview: APPROVED "Your visa has been approved. You're good to go.".

11/01/2012: Visa in hand.

11/04/2012: Port of entry: San Francisco

Note: Social Security card came one week after POE

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

What part of this could make it fraud?

Mark is correct so dont threaten someone that you would report them to Mods - thats first thing.

Tourist visa is for tourist, when you want to bring your wife using tourist visa she is not coming in as tourist.

Using a tourist visa with intent to come over and stay here is a Visa fraud.

After marriage when entering from CA side she will have to declare at border she is married to USC - 95% that would make her officer at border would not grant her entry, unless you and her are willing to lie about your marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You better have a good clarification for that Mark or I'm sending you on up to the mods for flaming me implying I am some kind of crook!

easy...you just joined today...Mark was correct but not fully explaining. :unsure:

Oh sorry kirkit didnt see you there...I was watching him swing :ot2: :star:

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

If it was the case, no one would file for K-1s and CR-1s. You think the rest of us just wanted the hassle?

This is going to be your wife...for life. The most important person in the world, except for maybe your children one day. For HER you want to do it right so that SHE is protected forever. It is not that long to wait to start your married life properly and without having to always worry if they will "find out" Now concentrate on what you need to do and forget the nonsense.

At first I dismissed your previous post as being harsh and judgemental BUT this oen makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well if you can find a loophole to shorten the time by all means do it. I have to wait like most people but if I knew of some way to speed up the process i would do it asap. Just because many ppl waited long time does not mean EVERYONE should wait just as long. I wish you best of luck and hope it works out for you.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

OK, so I'm an American guy looking to marry a Singaporean girl and here's something I've thought of. Now we both go to Canada since we do not require visas to travel there and there we marry. I apply for a CR-1 for her. While we're waiting on approval, she stays in America in a tourist visa. Now, she does have some distant relatives here so does that give her any other options. Finally, am I making this too complicated? I understand that a person cannot, in general, wait in the US pending their CR-1 approval. Is this correct?

Tell me where there might be some problems in this approach or if it just might work.

If you are really lucky, you should try to immigrate to singapore. They have a very low unemployment rate, and low poverty rate as well.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

OK, so I'm an American guy looking to marry a Singaporean girl and here's something I've thought of. Now we both go to Canada since we do not require visas to travel there and there we marry. I apply for a CR-1 for her. While we're waiting on approval, she stays in America in a tourist visa. Now, she does have some distant relatives here so does that give her any other options. Finally, am I making this too complicated? I understand that a person cannot, in general, wait in the US pending their CR-1 approval. Is this correct?

Tell me where there might be some problems in this approach or if it just might work.

Good luck to you with your queries. I would like to point out though. Gambling with your happiness is very high stakes for you and for your future wife. And I know for a fact in Vegas...the house always wins. Just food for thought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's worth the wait to have the peace of mind that you:

a) did things legally.

b) did things the right way so your fiancee will not face deportation for doing something the wrong way.

We waited an entire year and then some for me to move to the US so we could get married, but I sleep soundly knowing that we haven't made any mistakes that could risk our future together.

And yes, I realize you intend to do the right thing. Just don't go chasing some easy way out because it might bite you in the butt later.

If you are really lucky, you should try to immigrate to singapore. They have a very low unemployment rate, and low poverty rate as well.

hehehe I just came back from Singapore and your right!!!!!! He is better off reversing this whole thing and going there lol.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.