Cathi

looking for MENA success stories

373 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just curious if anyone who has married a younger MENA man has a happy ending? All of the topics seem to only be about tragic relationships. I know it's good to be cautious, but like in any society or culture there are scum bags. In fact in the US there seems to be an over abundance of men who abuse, mistreat and cheat in their wives. I love my husband, and he loves me. I can't wait until the day he sets foot on American soil. I have been to Jordan to see him 3 times in the last 6 months, 3 months living with he and his family. And you can bet you bottom dollar I will be at that embassy in Amman by his side the day he has his interview!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

There certainly are some happy endings. You'll get a mixed bag of responses, but just keep in mind that only YOU know what kind of relationship you have with your husband. As long as you're being smart about things and you've made yourself aware of the fact that these things sometime result in the younger man using the older woman, you've done as much as you need to do. It's your relationship, don't let anyone here tell you it's wrong. Educate yourself, be smart and vigilant. That's all you can do. If you're feeling happy and secure about things, don't feel bad reading the horror stories. Those are stories about other people in other situations.

I've come to understand that VJ is incredibly helpful for support from those who've been down a similar road re the visa process, not so much the best place to get support for your relationship. It can be especially brutal for those women who happen to be in relationships with younger MENA men. Some people just can't resist the temptation to tear you down and explain to you in no uncertain terms that you must be a fool. Take it all with a grain of salt.

All the best to you.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are some happy endings, in MENA countries relationships with age differences or short courtships before marriage are scrutinized heavily but at the end of the day you have to be prepared for the journey. How do you prepare, well you are off to a good start by frequent visits proving you are part of the family in Jordan. Take plenty of pictures and hopefully they allow you to attend his interview, my husband is from Morocco and they do not allow anyone other than the applicant into the interview. The CO knew I was in country even though my husband did not disclose that, so it is a positive thing to be there while he goes through the interview. As far as the relationship thing, that is solely between you and your better half no one can help make that judgement call but at this point you are married therefore I say give it 100% as you would any man in America. The difference is that you are going through the visa journey to be with him. I viewed it this way, ok I am asking that he be granted a visa what happens if they do not approve that request? I was willing to move to his country or have a long distance relationship if that is what we had to do until we were able to live in the same place. It took us a bit over 13 months to get his visa and bring him home but the wait was well worth it.

Good luck,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is almost 28 & I'm 30. About to be 6yrs married and known each other almost 7. We are growing old together here in Texas and hopefully this year will be completed with the naturalization process. Successful marriages are possible- you both have to want it and work for it.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

My husband is 40 and I'm 30. We have two kids and are quickly approaching our 10th anniversary in 3.5 months. I think we're a success!!!

I was looking for older women marrying younger men. But congratulations to you and your husband. Inshalla

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I will always believe that the key to a successful MENA May-December relationship is the confidence and trust that your fiance/spouse isn't taking you for a ride. Read up on all the red flags and evaluate them against your relationship. If you're confident that there is love on both sides...and no delusions of grandeur, you should be ok.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I was looking for older women marrying younger men. But congratulations to you and your husband. Inshalla

Why the inshalla? Have you coverted? That seems to be a trend as well, some women just have no backone.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you have gotten some good advice here....years ago, i used to read all the horror stories, and compare every little detail to my (then) fiance...it literally made me crazy. You know your SO more than anyone, and like Staashi said, as long as you both have security, and trust, then to hell what anyone else says. My reading caused some arguments and hurt between my man and I. I realized my husband was not like any one of those jerks I was reading about, and I had to stop reading about them, and comparing. Yes, the possibility of being used is there, but not everyone is a user. Keep your eyes open, and be smart. Go with your gut feelings, and remember, for every horror story, there is one with a beautiful outcome.

Why the inshalla? Have you coverted? That seems to be a trend as well, some women just have no backone.

....and this was uncalled for :unsure:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

Why does conversion mean that the woman has no backbone???

Exactly my thoughts. Sounds to me that this person has nothing better to do with her time than insult people.

I think you have gotten some good advice here....years ago, i used to read all the horror stories, and compare every little detail to my (then) fiance...it literally made me crazy. You know your SO more than anyone, and like Staashi said, as long as you both have security, and trust, then to hell what anyone else says. My reading caused some arguments and hurt between my man and I. I realized my husband was not like any one of those jerks I was reading about, and I had to stop reading about them, and comparing. Yes, the possibility of being used is there, but not everyone is a user. Keep your eyes open, and be smart. Go with your gut feelings, and remember, for every horror story, there is one with a beautiful outcome.

....and this was uncalled for :unsure:

Tany I will never understand people. blink.gifblink.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.