Cathi

looking for MENA success stories

373 posts in this topic

1. Converting for the right reasons, to any religion, does not show a lack of backbone.

2. Your ignorance on the religion of Islam is laughable.

3. You must "interact" with some sorry people. No woman in my or my husband's family is abused or controlled by their husband.

Edited by Kathryn41
quote containing TOS violation removed, plus comment edited to remove personal attack

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post containing inappropriate comments has been removed. Comments promoting stereotyping and intolerance are not acceptable.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We all know what assuming leads too... :wacko:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Changing you entire belief system for a guy doesn't exactly scream integrity, does it? Curiouser and curiouser, it is always the woman converting, never the guy, hmm, wonder why ...

I know men who have converted to Islam, Judaism and Christianity (for whatever reason). I also know of at least 2 men in this forum who converted to Islam to marry their wives (don't remember their screen names as it was some time ago).

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

How are you and how is everything with you... yes I know someone and he is my friend his wife is 40 something and he is almost 30 and they have been married for more than a year now they are happy and we talk sometimes he is here in the states.....

If you have any questions please ask me and feel free I would be more than happy to answer you.

Samer

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amman, Jordan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-02-06

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-26

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-05

NVC Left : 2008-02-1

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-04-29 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2007-11-08

Comments : case reaffirmed 02-01-2010

waiting for a phone call inshallah

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Your I-130 was approved in 275 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 448 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well Marrying a younger MENA man ...yes there are crazy stories on here that I think have been magnified and in turn might have eclipsed the good Visa story endings...

@ ILoveMimosh

My Visa process is still not complete but as as write now I am in Morocco with my husband, in his home by the ocean and WE have a happy ending. In our 3 years We have been through more time separated then together, But it is simply blessings in disguise. Because of the turn of events we were forced to hold on tighter, Know each other better and Learn a stronger patience and trust that people in long distance relationships endure. We appreciate the little but meaningful times we can spend together online or on the phone due to time differences. And in a personal note my children were given a larger amount of time to know him and accept the new man in our lives.

Traveling is a looooong journey for me..but spending that additional time with his family gave all of us more time to share... to know and love each other. I see the man from the way he is with his parents and siblings. There is laughter and love in my new family..And the allowance of my long visits taught me so much. Again I would miss out on these lessons if not for this Visa process.

I dont believe we could have had grown this way, this strong, or this grateful if our Visa journey was simpler.

Dont get me wrong...If I had the fiance visa approved back in July...we still would be happy and it would have cost less in time and monetary sense ...But God has his plans and I see the beauty in this one.

WE have a happy ending no matter what side of any borders we will live on.

And just a little note of converting...This was the wonderful basis of our friendship's beginning. I am proud to say God chose me to learn Islam. I just got a wonderful man (L) with the deal.

BTW how can I not mention the really cool people I have met through this site too!!

YES I write it with happiness to share..

Inshallah

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well Marrying a younger MENA man ...yes there are crazy stories on here that I think have been magnified and in turn might have eclipsed the good Visa story endings...

@ ILoveMimosh

My Visa process is still not complete but as as write now I am in Morocco with my husband, in his home by the ocean and WE have a happy ending. In our 3 years We have been through more time separated then together, But it is simply blessings in disguise. Because of the turn of events we were forced to hold on tighter, Know each other better and Learn a stronger patience and trust that people in long distance relationships endure. We appreciate the little but meaningful times we can spend together online or on the phone due to time differences. And in a personal note my children were given a larger amount of time to know him and accept the new man in our lives.

Traveling is a looooong journey for me..but spending that additional time with his family gave all of us more time to share... to know and love each other. I see the man from the way he is with his parents and siblings. There is laughter and love in my new family..And the allowance of my long visits taught me so much. Again I would miss out on these lessons if not for this Visa process.

I dont believe we could have had grown this way, this strong, or this grateful if our Visa journey was simpler.

Dont get me wrong...If I had the fiance visa approved back in July...we still would be happy and it would have cost less in time and monetary sense ...But God has his plans and I see the beauty in this one.

WE have a happy ending no matter what side of any borders we will live on.

And just a little note of converting...This was the wonderful basis of our friendship's beginning. I am proud to say God chose me to learn Islam. I just got a wonderful man (L) with the deal.

BTW how can I not mention the really cool people I have met through this site too!!

YES I write it with happiness to share..

Inshallah

Regarding the underlined statement: Exactly how I feel about my husband and I. Our long journey made us so much stronger than if we would have gotten approved over 2 years ago the first time. I have been able to visit Morocco, and spend way more time with his family than I would have if we were approved back then. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want the denials back then, but God knows best. We did our best, but was STILL delayed. My husband is coming to America very soon, and this comes with new challenges, but with all the suffering, and fighting we did for our relationship, I feel confidant we will make it.

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

One post containing inappropriate comments has been removed. Comments promoting stereotyping and intolerance are not acceptable.

Does this mean msheesha's comment was edited, or just the quote she commented on was removed?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

My reply was edited in two ways --

The removed post by Peter Pan I was replying to was taken out of my post.

My post/wording itself was edited, as it was perceived that it contained a personal attack. The notation at the bottom of my post by the mod specifies how it was edited.

My reply was edited in two ways --

The removed post by Peter Pan I was replying to was taken out of my post.

My post/wording itself was edited, as it was perceived that it contained a personal attack. The notation at the bottom of my post by the mod specifies how it was edited.

I saw that and thought I had to be mis-reading or something. I know you can make some pithy comments, but "personal attacks" aren't how you roll at all.

Yet "Peter Pan's" original post on page one still stands. Un-freaking-believable.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Adding-

I'm a couple years older than my husband and we just spent our 5th anniversary together at Cannon Beach, checking out tidepools. He's been in the US for 5 years now, and we very much enjoy our lives together.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

When people generalize or assume things about a particular group of people, based on their interactions with a small sampling of that group, I usually question their choice of friends/acquaintances/interactions. In this case, it was perceived as a personal attack. My wording was probably a little too colorful for the mod's liking.

As far as PP's post on the first page, that was quite tame compared to the post that was removed.

It's interesting that someone categorizes people who convert to Islam as having no backbone, while at the same time, exhibits exactly why that is not the case. The Islamophobia exhibited here is but a tiny showing of what Muslims deal with regularly. Being Muslim, in fact choosing Islam although it is not the religion you were born into, is not for the backbone-less.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was looking for older women marrying younger men. But congratulations to you and your husband. Inshalla

My husband is from Morocco and is 10 years younger than me. We met over 3 years ago thru a friend via internet. He arrived here in November 2011. We got married in January 2012. We are happily married until now. It's normal to be scared and worried to think that someone can fake love for the purpose of coming to the states. Analyze everything tell him your fears and worries be smart and just like someone already said go with your gut feelings.

My husband is the sweetest,lovable, caring man i ever met. (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is 5 yrs younger than myself. We've been married 6 years. On May 2 he'll have been in the U.S. for 5 years. I guess we are successful in that we've been married this long without killing each other. :)

Our stats to get an idea of what we're working with:

Me - second marriage, two kids from previous, no set religion, middle class background. I'm 37 yrs old.

Him - first marriage, no kids from previous, non practicing Muslim, middle class background. He's 32 years old.

We have one child together.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.