Cathi

looking for MENA success stories

373 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why do you feel the need to slam everyone? Seriously? Just because you are miserable does it mean the rest of us need to be? I am tired of reading the way you cut everyone down. If you don't like the fact that most of us are happy, I suggest you stop reading the comments here. I don't feel bad for you. The reason you're so miserable is because of your own bad decisions. We are not naive bubble heads like you seem to think we are. I just came back a few hours ago from spending time with my husband and his family in Jordan, and each time I am with him it just reinforces our love for each other and that our decision to marry each other was 100% the best thing for us. Now feel free to rip my comment apart, I don't care what you think , no matter what anyone says you will find an excuse to be miserable. headbonk.gif

Did you get to do anything while you were there or did you mostly stay around homebase?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Did you get to do anything while you were there or did you mostly stay around homebase?

We went to the Dead Sea one of the days. We went to dinner 3 or 4 nights...coffee shops and stuff too. He works during the day so I stayed home with his Mom during most of the days, went to downtown shopping with his sister one of the days. It was a great trip, although not long enough. I'll go back again in July for 3 weeks.

Timeline

We went to the Dead Sea one of the days. We went to dinner 3 or 4 nights...coffee shops and stuff too. He works during the day so I stayed home with his Mom during most of the days, went to downtown shopping with his sister one of the days. It was a great trip, although not long enough. I'll go back again in July for 3 weeks.

Oh wow! That's pretty soon. You'll be there when Ammar is :) Actually, you were there now when Ammar is lol. Ammar may have to find a place to stay in Amman, yuck. He doesn't want to commute in the last leg of research and i don't blame him.

Timeline

Oh wow! That's pretty soon. You'll be there when Ammar is :) Actually, you were there now when Ammar is lol. Ammar may have to find a place to stay in Amman, yuck. He doesn't want to commute in the last leg of research and i don't blame him.

Yeah I am going back for his interview at the embassy. We are hoping it will be in July. There are a lot of places Ammar can rent furnished in Amman that are pretty decent and inexpensive. Commuting isn;t fun there at all. I HATE driving there, talk about scary drivers...there are no rules of the road there LOL

Timeline

Yeah I am going back for his interview at the embassy. We are hoping it will be in July. There are a lot of places Ammar can rent furnished in Amman that are pretty decent and inexpensive. Commuting isn;t fun there at all. I HATE driving there, talk about scary drivers...there are no rules of the road there LOL

Yeah, he just has to find a place. Bleh. He's used to orderly American driving now :) he says they are crazy over there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Cathi you back? Hope all is good.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi esalaam everyone!

Ye I could say 100% we are success story. We met in 2003, got married in 2006 ... now it's 2012 I just had my fourth child Zahra-Cherifa machallah with my husband! Life is good! elhamdullah!

Henia, congratulations, sister! I hope you're recovering well and that little Zahra is just fine. : D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi esalaam everyone!

Ye I could say 100% we are success story. We met in 2003, got married in 2006 ... now it's 2012 I just had my fourth child Zahra-Cherifa machallah with my husband! Life is good! elhamdullah!

congrats on your life..it sounds wonderful

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for as far as what is called a success story. I was initially married for 15 years. If years are what make it successful, then it was a success. But I wanted a divorce within the first year, I just never knew or had the guts to get out until I finally decided to just let the chips fall where they may. BTW he was not an Arab.

I am coming up on my 8th wedding anniversary in October to a man that is significantly younger than me. He has been in the US for over 5 years, and we are done with the process. We are both very happy in our "Gross and abnormal" marriage. So perhaps that would qualify as a success story.

When we started talking I was suspicious from day one. Played with him mostly just because I didn't think he was sincere and thought he was looking for a visa. Sweet words do not rock my world and blind me. I much prefer to sit back, give them plenty of rope, and get a good chuckle when they hang themselves. Rather than run with the rope I gave him he stayed close to me, preferring to spend time online with me than off with his buddies. It kind of threw me. After quite a while of "testing" him I realized that his intentions were indeed good and gave him a chance. Bottom line is I went in with my eyes open. I have to agree with many women here that say that it is a hard road with a May-December romance. Not impossible, but you both have to be mature enough to know the downfalls and be ready to live with those choice to marriage despite the difficulties that we must face with the age difference.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for as far as what is called a success story. I was initially married for 15 years. If years are what make it successful, then it was a success. But I wanted a divorce within the first year, I just never knew or had the guts to get out until I finally decided to just let the chips fall where they may. BTW he was not an Arab.

I am coming up on my 8th wedding anniversary in October to a man that is significantly younger than me. He has been in the US for over 5 years, and we are done with the process. We are both very happy in our "Gross and abnormal" marriage. So perhaps that would qualify as a success story.

When we started talking I was suspicious from day one. Played with him mostly just because I didn't think he was sincere and thought he was looking for a visa. Sweet words do not rock my world and blind me. I much prefer to sit back, give them plenty of rope, and get a good chuckle when they hang themselves. Rather than run with the rope I gave him he stayed close to me, preferring to spend time online with me than off with his buddies. It kind of threw me. After quite a while of "testing" him I realized that his intentions were indeed good and gave him a chance. Bottom line is I went in with my eyes open. I have to agree with many women here that say that it is a hard road with a May-December romance. Not impossible, but you both have to be mature enough to know the downfalls and be ready to live with those choice to marriage despite the difficulties that we must face with the age difference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.