lawren14

issues about calling your fiance "hubby" on emails.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

I totally agree with Gary and Alla and VJ members or guest that says DO NOT, use thoes emails that refer to martial status. Also what makes your case worse in my opinion is that you used the word "Hubby" consistently. So, for the sake of argument and possible not gettting your Visa, Don't use thoes emails. I just don't think it's worth it! Besides everyone don't have a computer and everyone don't use email as a form of communication. There are h other forms of communication devices and other evidences to prove a genuine ongoing relationship such as skype, home tellephones, cell phones,text messages, pictures, plane tickets, hotel receipts, passport stamps etc. If you decide to use thoes emails I just think your making a big mistake.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Next Question

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldnt worry about the email thing as long as you are prepared and have other supporting docs and relationship. I carried so much paperwork and evidence to Anne's interview. The female white consular asked her some date questions, asked me for 2 yrs tax returns and about my work. Consular asked for nothing else. I asked if she wanted letter of intent. She said she has all she needs. We did mention my 4 visits and me being there was enough. The interview itself at each window was extremely quick. We spent so much time in line outside and waiting for our number to come up.

Timeline

I wouldn't worry about pet names at all. They barely read emails.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Now I am worried.I did the same I sent emails that said Good morning my beautiful wife but not very often.Its just an affectionate way to refer to our future.The petition is approved and we will have our interview soon on Juarez.Does anybody think this will be a problem. I have my divorce decree and my fiancee has never been married. Is Juarez considered a high fraud consulate? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Now that you have already sent the petition, I would just save emails from now on and use those. Just refrain from now on. I think its stupid because we all use some kind of pet name. My lawyer just had me smooth it over by putting in my statement of how we met " I already think of him as my husband" although we are NOT yet married. Good luck.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about pet names at all. They barely read emails.

Hi, i'm the benificiary and i'm from the Philippines as well. We actually call each other "dad" and "mom" and it never got us into thinking that this would be a problem in our petition. we had an RFE but they never asked us about this and instead they just asked for an ongoing relationship from the last 2 years. I'm just worried since the letters we provided stated "mom" and "dad" in it and we're still waiting for their reply on our case. :wacko: Will this lead to bigger problems? :blink: Although my Fiance mentioned in his statement that it's just our endearment and before we we're in a relationship, we were already teasing each other mom and dad and that's how it lead us to that name calling. Will this cause denial even though my Fiance stated this on his statement? They never mentioned this on our RFE but it just scares me. :(

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

We called each other husband and wife in our letters and email and we filed a k1. I wasn't too worried since we presented no marriage certificate in our k1 visa app.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We called each other husband and wife in our letters and email and we filed a k1. I wasn't too worried since we presented no marriage certificate in our k1 visa app.

Well, this is a relief :D Hope ours wouldn't be a problem too.

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

So many successful K-1 applicants from the Philippines have reported that they did not provide any emails at all. Scan this website for them. A print-out of emails is very poor evidence, anyway. Provide things that better show you have visited, such as airline tickets, visa stamps, hotel registrations (with both names included), or perhaps evidence of financial support (Xoom or WU receipts), etc.

I would be cautious about showing money transactions as proof of bonafide relationship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

He is not your husband. You are not his wife. It's like calling him "Tim" when his name is Sam. These are "earned" titles by being married. Using them prior to marriage devalues them. Hubby-to-be and wife-to-be are fine then you're finally able to drop the "to be" and it's all great. Calling each other hubby and wifey for years before marriage is just bizarre because then what do you say after you're married?

USCIS does care about this. People have been denied because of it. Not usually SIMPLY because of emails but also other red-flags that lead them to believe you're actually married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Op - I was able to partake during my fiancee's k-1 interview ( wife now). When my fiancée called me to window she said "come here honey" . The CO asked if we were married and I said no and that was the end of it. She got the visa in Vietnam which is a high fraud country. If asked just be truthful.

But to your point- you don't want to give the consulate any reason for denial so just don't include the e-mails.

Best wishes!

Here is the real crux of this whole situation. You are considered guilty until you can prove your innocense should the USCIS accuse you of anything. So ask your self, "How do you prove to the USCIS you are not married?" There is no not married document to show them. You would have to get a statement for every county from every state and foreign countries stating they have no recorded marriage for the two of you--this is the exteme case, but if they are looking for a way to deny you that makes it almost impossible for you to prove otherwise then they can say you are already married and not eligible for the K-1 visa and it will fall to you to prove them wrong. So it is best to not open that can of worms.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK, after reading about this earlier we stopped using husband or wife in our e amils but we do sometimes use "future husband or future wife"

Thoughts on this anyone?

I have proof of our visit but when it comes to proving an on going relationship all we have are our e mails, my fiancee is in China.

I will have some mail stuff because I have used Fed Ex to send and get some of this paperwork.

Timeline

Hi, i'm the benificiary and i'm from the Philippines as well. We actually call each other "dad" and "mom" and it never got us into thinking that this would be a problem in our petition. we had an RFE but they never asked us about this and instead they just asked for an ongoing relationship from the last 2 years. I'm just worried since the letters we provided stated "mom" and "dad" in it and we're still waiting for their reply on our case. :wacko: Will this lead to bigger problems? :blink: Although my Fiance mentioned in his statement that it's just our endearment and before we we're in a relationship, we were already teasing each other mom and dad and that's how it lead us to that name calling. Will this cause denial even though my Fiance stated this on his statement? They never mentioned this on our RFE but it just scares me. :(

You know what? I wouldn't worry about it because people use pet names a lot and during my interview they never asked for emails or chat logs. I don't know how this pet name issue started but there's your CENOMAR to prove that you are not married as well as background checks :)

Edited by paul_kay

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

You know what? I wouldn't worry about it because people use pet names a lot and during my interview they never asked for emails or chat logs. I don't know how this pet name issue started but there's your CENOMAR to prove that you are not married as well as background checks :)

As I unnderstand the CENOMAR it is for the person living in the PI and for marriages either that have taken place in the PI or are registered there. What if you left the PI and got married in Japan, will it automatically show up and you will not be issued a CENOMAR? IF the IO wants to make your life hell they can look at the e-mails and say, "You are calling each other husband and wife. Prove to me that you are not married?" How does one do that? Yes the PI has the CENOMAR, but can you be married and it not show up? It is hard to prove something when the documentation is non-existant and that is why most of us on VJ say to not call each other husband and wife as it is very hard to prove you are not married and the proof is on YOU not the USCIS. So why open that can of worms if you do not have to.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation)

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.